All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
New furniture, finally! No more eating on the floor!
      #191430 - 07/04/05 08:03 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

We've had nothing in our living room for 4 years!! My DBF and I even slept on the floor for 2 months because we couldn't afford a bed when we first moved in here.

4 years later we can finally afford living room furniture! Yday we bought a sofa and lovseat plus a matching chaise, a china cabinet and butterfly bar table plus four chairs, and are going back for a coffee table, end table and entertainment center. Yes!!!

I feel so grown up buying furniture! It really is addicting, although I haven't contributed much (it's mostly from DBF's bonus check). We'll be expecting deliveries every 2 weeks for a few months, so I'll take some pics and post them as things arrive. So psyched!!

BF was embarrassed because I was haggling with the salesman in the store (BF actually said "I'm going HOME!" several times, LOL!), but I got a great price, plus a break on the delivery charge and a $75 gift certificate for a future purchase. (Hey, I'm only good at a couple of things!)

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New furniture, finally! No more eating on the floor! new
      #191435 - 07/04/05 08:40 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Awesome, yes please post pics!!!

Yahoooo! This is super duper fantastic! new
      #191459 - 07/04/05 10:21 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I have been wanting a couch for about a year now. We had one in NY but had to seel it before we moved...and now I wish we stil had it! *sigh* I plan to live vicariously through ya Nelly...I hope ya don't mind

It sounds like you guys got LOTS of great stuff...can't wait for the pics!

Nelly's Living Room...should we change the name of this board or what?!?!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

How fun, Nelly new
      #191462 - 07/04/05 10:35 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You'll have a whole new house to live in! I hope you enjoy it. And how nice to be getting deliveries every few days or so for the next few weeks! You'll never know what's coming next!

You deserve a nice place to sit and enjoy your days! I hope you thoroughly enjoy your "new place"! And please post pics! I remember the dining room set you posted and I loved it! I love dark woods and so I know your taste is awesome and your new furniture will be very cool! What store did you get it all from?

And kudos for you for being the bargaining diva! I hope you use the 75 dollar gift certificate for yourself, since BF was giving you a hard time about the bargaining!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

THANK you Augie! new
      #191466 - 07/04/05 11:45 AM
Nelly

You are the nicest, Beth! I so can't wait for the dining room set! That's set for the 19th of this month. Yes, I love getting deliveries; it's so great having stuff arrive at the door.

(Especially since I live on the 3rd floor and there's no elevator so I'm actually not carrying anything! Tee heee!)

I've always had a hard time buying myself nice stuff, just since the way I was raised with no money I never thought I deserved "nice things." Stoopid programming! Hate how that stuff lingers into adulthood! So it was so nice when you said I deserved nice things, really. Isn't is weird how you never know what's going to touch a chord? It was so nice hearing someone else saying I deserved something nice! You just never know how other people's words will impact someone!!! Thanks!!

Can't wait to spend the $75 gift certificate too! Maybe I'll get some nice place settings or a lamp for the living room! It's wide open!

We bought all the stuff at Marlo, which is a local chain of furniture stores. Ten years ago I bought a leather sofa there-- now I have it in my bedroom as I was afraid Kodiak would eat it. He can chew on the new stuff though, cos it's DBF's money too this time.

~nelly~

Nelly's Living Room! All invited!! new
      #191469 - 07/04/05 11:58 AM
Nelly

LOL! You're all invited to Nelly's living room! Now that I have seats for 10 people I can fit a bunch of you here..!

When I was little I used to set an extra place at the table for someone I missed, like a friend or relative who was in France and I couldn't just have dinner with every day. I'll set a plate and silverware for you Ruchie, at my new dinner table so you'll be there in spirit when I get my new table on the first night. And it'll be a virtual party in Nelly's Living Room with everybody else who wants to hang!!

Hmmm, I think Sara-Sage and Tommy should get to sit on the new loveseat (awwww! ), and Shelby Jean should get the comfy new chaise by the fireplace so she can put her feet up and take in the scene.

Natalie should be on the sofa with a big pillow, so she can watch UK footie on cable tv! And of course Brittney, Sinead and Sheri will be gabbing by the fireplace (no fire in this heat, of course!). Linz of course will be supervising in the kitchen with Dalia! And Heather7476 will be missing, presumably in the bathroom (and we'll all be like, "has everyone seen Heather?" ).

Bev and Laura Sue will be counting the hummingbirds at the window by the balcony! And Michele will be being followed by Kodiak the dog who will want her to pet him.

Mindy and Tissy can chill on the sofa too... Does anyone else want to come hang out?? Maybe I'll get more seating for the occasion!! LOL!

~nelly~

P.S. (DBF just read over my shoulder and said, "Cool, an apartment full of chicks...!" :grin)

Will do!! -nt- new
      #191473 - 07/04/05 12:06 PM
Nelly

I'm SO THERE! new
      #191479 - 07/04/05 12:22 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Tommy and I will cuddle on your loveseat. he he

Thanks for thinking of us too.

Re: I'm SO THERE! new
      #191487 - 07/04/05 12:35 PM
Nelly

Wouldn't be the same without you!!

~nelly~

That would be so cool... new
      #191488 - 07/04/05 12:36 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...I wish we all lived closer.

In our house, we're not sitting on the floor but on 2nd hand furniture from friends and family! Our parents and my best friend had ALOT of furniture to give away. Now if only some of it matched.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4712 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8174

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review