All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
My 2 cents... new
      #190477 - 06/30/05 07:41 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Take the inusrance if it's only $9 a payment.

I would DEFINITELY get the extended warranty if you can afford it. But not if it's going to stretch your budget too much.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Tina new
      #190572 - 06/30/05 10:39 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

The extended warranty is an extra 17 dollars a month and the disability insurance is an additional extra 9 dollars a month (times each amount by 60 months!.

Still indecisive as time is up now! I don't know what to do. Money is tough...but so are potential repairs...No win situation. I keep thinking if I don't take the warranty...it's like taking 1000 bucks off the price of the car which was already 4000 dollars over what I wanted to pay...
But peace of mind is a big deal too.

I'm thinking about returning the car and ending this whole deal now. I am that stressed over it and my tummy is acting up...I can't relax and I need this to all just be over.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Tommy, you have mail!-nt new
      #190574 - 06/30/05 10:40 AM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Bethie! new
      #190601 - 06/30/05 11:19 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ok Beth, here's what to do....

Get the extended warranty AND the insurance!!! It's WELL WORTH IT!!!!

Nope, you NEED a car, don't return it only to go through all this cr@p all over again.

For the record... new
      #190609 - 06/30/05 11:33 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I understand why you feel pressure...when I bought my first car in 2001, it was scary. It was the largest "committment" I ever had made, and the biggest purchase ever. It made me really nervous. I was buying a Saturn, didn't get the extended warranty (my dad told me not to, and when it comes to cars, what he says goes!), and have never had a problem. I'll be paid off this fall!!
So...don't return the car. I still wouldn't get the extended warranty. And maybe sometime in the next 16 months, you can get a raise or a job that pays good!!

--------------------

Thanks new
      #190621 - 06/30/05 12:34 PM
Augie

I know everyone must be sick of this and thinking "why doesn't she just make a decision, it's not life and death here"!

But it is very scary to me because it is the most money I have ever spent on one item! It's half a years salary for me (no, I don't get paid much ).

so, it's sort of ironic that I have to choose between paying for a warranty or paying for future repairs...either way, I'm out some money...which is something I don't want. I mean, no one wants to spend money on things like this, but for someone who has a limited income it's even more important to make the wisest decision concerning money.

BTW, was your Saturn new or used when you bought it? I'm glad you had no trouble with it and I hope you continue to have good luck with it! Cars are money pits! Insurance, gas, stickers, license plates, repairs...plus the cost of the car!

Anyhow, thanks to all of you for your patience. I know it's not the biggest problem in the world, but for me right now, it IS! i get really worked up and stressed out over both money and decisions...so put them both together and it's a double whammy!

--------------------
~ Beth

Beth new
      #190634 - 06/30/05 01:01 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

It sounds like you will not sleep at night for worrying about whether you are going to have a problem with the car. If that's the case, then buy the warranty ----so it will ease your fears.

You gotta do what's best for YOU. If the warranty will give you peace of mind, then do that. Then you can relax and enjoy the car!

Most people who don't take advantage of a warranty are willing (and have the money) to pay for repairs IF they happen. If you don't have the cash to get you out of trouble later, then maybe the $7 a month would be great insurance for you!

Go for it----but whatever you do, don't look back and say, "I should've done this or that." You have to live with your decisions---that's part of being an adult. Life is full of choices we have to make---and there are no guarantees. Everything is a RISK. It just depends on whether you are willing to take on risk, or you want the security.

Sounds like you need security right now.

Re: Beth new
      #190662 - 06/30/05 01:32 PM
Augie

BL, it's an extra 17 dollars a month for the warranty, and/or an extra 9 for the disability insurance if I want that. It's not that I won't sleep if I don't take it...I think it's just that I won't sleep until I make this decision. Who knows, maybe I do need the security of the warranty...but I need the thousand bucks too! I do wish there were money trees. Anyhow..I'll try to stop annoying everyone with this post now!

--------------------
~ Beth

Beth new
      #190678 - 06/30/05 02:04 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

You gotta stop this going back and forth. You can't have it both ways! You can't have the money and the security of the warranty! You must decide WHICH one is more important to you.

(I know the money is important to you. We'd all like to hang on to that! But if these extras will help you relax about the car, then go for it----and don't turn back.)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3626 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13094

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review