All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Yes, I need a good luck fairy new
      #190241 - 06/29/05 12:39 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I still don't know what I'll do...I don't know if i should rely on the disability insurance. It might make me more likely to "give up" on work too easily if I know my car payments will be made for me. Sort of like rewarding someone for going on disability. It's a bit too easy for me to give up, if that makes sense.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Beth new
      #190264 - 06/29/05 01:32 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Don't worry, I told Tommy you'd be asking him car stuff and he's fine with it!

I know Tina new
      #190377 - 06/29/05 07:39 PM
Augie

but I still felt like a "burden". It's hard to ask for help without feeling like guilty. Blame it on my mom. She's good for a guilt trip, guarenteed. No warranty needed!

BTW, you never gave your opinion! I did take your opinion about that other car! It would have been a lot of extra stress! thanks!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Do you know how... new
      #190384 - 06/29/05 07:53 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

The best bet would be to check out reviews ... you can go to msn.com and select autos, then put in your year, make and model. Kelley Blue Book would work as well. If you go to google and search year, make and model you'll get a bunch of user reviews, from people who aren't likely to sugar-coat any problems the've had.

Gap insurance will cover my behind if I were to get into a major accident before the loan period is up. If the insurance company totalled out my car, and only gave me $6,000 for it but I still owe $13,000, then the gap insurance will make up for the difference. Because most loan companies figure that you won't continue to pay on your loan if you don't have the car anymore, and they will demand the balance of the loan right then and there. I bought the insurance from my dealership - I don't know if they provide it or if they are the middle-men

My accident was on Friday the 13th - I took my new car back to the dealership the day before to have my new radio put in, and drove to work in my old beater. A girl pulled out in front of me and I couldn't stop ... Totalled both our cars. You're so right - accidents are scary!

Hope I've been of some help!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Re: Buying a Used Car *DELETED* new
      #190386 - 06/29/05 07:55 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Thanks Shelby new
      #190393 - 06/29/05 08:19 PM
Augie

They won't go any lower in price on the warranties. I asked. They think it's a fair price.

I wasn't leaning towards the disability insurance much at all. But now I'm thinking about it more!

Are you saying that the disability insurance is a priority over the extended car warranty? Or that you think both are a good idea for total piece of mind?

I'm so confused and I know this guy is going to be calling me tomorrow for my final answer!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Thanks Shelby *DELETED* new
      #190402 - 06/29/05 08:30 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

What does ESP mean? new
      #190407 - 06/29/05 08:40 PM
Augie

I already took out the longest length loan they offer! I'm that broke!

At least I know the price is fair. Thanks for that. It's nice having someone "in the business" on the board!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: That's exactly how my accident happened! new
      #190415 - 06/29/05 09:47 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Wow that's bizarre! I totally know what you mean about the post-accident trauma... I was SUCH a ridiculously cautious driver -- and nervous -- for months after. I'm really just getting over it now, which is great, almost 7 months later.

I bought my car new but MSN was the site I used mostly as well: web page - they have info on both new and used cars and lots of reviews. You could also just try googling the make/model/year and see if anything interesting comes up.

Best of luck! Whichever you choose, I'm sure things will work out well - you've already had your car trauma, right? (That's what I tell myself anyway...lol)

Re: I know Tina new
      #190476 - 06/30/05 07:39 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You're NOT a burden, miss Bethie!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review