All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Best day in a LONG time!!! :) new
      #190103 - 06/29/05 08:26 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Yay! I love the name Carter too...I've had it picked out since I was about 15 - LOL. We also love the name Ian, so it's been a tough choice, back and forth. Ian has a much better 'meaning' - "God is Gracious", since Carter means "One who drives carts". LOL.
I guess we are still up in the air about it, but leaning towards Carter right now.

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh yeah.... new
      #190107 - 06/29/05 08:28 AM
Cara4503

Justin had this name picked out for awhie - Abimelech. He kept pushing that name, etc...I thought he was joking...finally I looked it up. Guess what it means??

"My Father is King"

Typical of my husband

--------------------
~Cara~

Thanks Michelle! :) -nt- new
      #190108 - 06/29/05 08:29 AM
Cara4503

--------------------
~Cara~

It was wonderful! :) Thanks Barbie. -nt- new
      #190109 - 06/29/05 08:29 AM
Cara4503

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: LMAO!!!!! THat is HILARIOUS!!!!! new
      #190118 - 06/29/05 08:43 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Liam is the short form of William which means "will Helmet" whatever that means, and Quinlan means "Beautiful shape". Went for the names as opposed to the meanings. I was SOOOOO insistent that I was going to have a boy and that I was going to name him Liam (we decided not to find out the sex of the baby this time) that I let John name our second child.We picked from his "top 5" list. Quinlan just kept growing on us.(at that time, we knew it was a girl) Now I love it. Wouldn't have named her anything else. Some of the other options were: Moira, Bria, Kiera, and Kieran. With Liam I think it was Liam, or else (I wouldn't let him pick any other boy's name), Bria. We were trying to pick a girl's middle name in the hospital when I was in labour! We simply couldn't agree!!!!!! Too funny! But then I was so insistent that we were having a boy that I hardly let him think about girls' names! LOL!!!!!!!!! What an amazing time. Carter and Ian are both beautiful names. You will definitely choose the right one when the time comes. Bless you in this amazing time of your life. You will NEVER EVER EVER forget it! It is truly one of God's miracles!!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #190119 - 06/29/05 08:45 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: LMAO!!!!! THat is HILARIOUS!!!!! new
      #190120 - 06/29/05 08:49 AM
Cara4503

I LOVE Quinlan...my neighbor has a little girl they call Quinny...so cute. I love the name Olivia too, but think it's getting too common.

Hey how do you pronounce Liam?? I think I know, but want to make sure. So his full name isn't William and you just call him Liam, right? What middle names did you end up picking?? That's really funny that you couldn't decide for that long! We have been deciding since we got married - LOL. I love this topic, it's so much fun to pick names!

Oh - Justin thinks that if we name him Carter, kids will call him "Carter the Farter". But then he says, 'But that's ok cuz he's a boy and boys like farting'.

Ugh. I think I should just elimiate Justin from name-picking

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: LMAO AGAIN!!!!!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!!!! new
      #190128 - 06/29/05 08:57 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Did your DH forget you have IBS? Carter the Farter is too funny!!!!!!!! Especially since you can probably outfart your hubby anytime!!!! TEE HEE!!!!!!!
Liam we prounounce LEEE AM. His middle name is John - both of his great grandfathers were named John, as is his Father. It's a family name. Liam is his full name, not William, which is a family name in both families. As for Quinlan, we gave her the middle name Leigh, which is my middle name, as well as my second cousin, which I am very close to, so it's a family name as well. Prounced LEE.
Yes, husbands can be particularly cumbersome when it comes to the naming. Just stick to your guns, after all, you did the puking and the carrying. You should get the trump card. Let us know how the naming game goes.
Love, Alicia.

--------------------

Re: BTW - new
      #190129 - 06/29/05 08:59 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

That name sounds Gaelic, is it? Both of my children have Gaelic names as both my hubby and I have Irish descent.

--------------------

It's a Hebrew name!
      #190149 - 06/29/05 09:55 AM
Cara4503

He just found it in our baby name book...and circled it and put a bunch of arrows pointing to it....

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2917 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16222

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review