All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I'm Back!
      #189733 - 06/28/05 06:12 AM

Unregistered

Just wanted to let you know I'm back from my trip.

It was so so fun and I got to spend some nice time with my family. We landed in Boston and then headed up to Maine and spent the night. I've decided that I love Maine and it was better than I'd even pictured it - next time I'll have to explore even more.

Then the next day we drove to this beautiful resort in New Hampshire up in the mountains. Also a very nice time.

Then the next morning we drove to another mountain resort in Vermont what was also fantastic. It was this historic inn and tavern that had been added on to a lot and my distantly relative Ethan Allen spent a lot of time there and so it was neat to see that. They had all of these old documents he'd written on the walls and stuff. Very cool.

Then the next day we drove through Massachusetts again and stopped at this old historic pretend village where they re-enact colonial days or something. My mom had gone there as a kid when they lived up there so she wanted to take us back. It was funny but cute. From there we drove out to Cape Cod and then to Newport, RI because I wanted to see all the old mansions I've learned so much about in my history of interior design classes.

Then the rest of the nights we spent in Boston but one day we went out to Lexington and Concord to see all the historic Paul Revere stuff and all. My mom was so excited for us to see this too. My youngest brother is finally old enough for all the stuff we did to really make an impact on him.

Another day we drove to see my mom's old house she lived in outside Boston and hadn't been back to since she'd lived there. That was really neat. She also wanted to take us to see Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower too since people from her side of the family came over on that.

It's funny that it took us until I was this old to finally make the big historic New England trip like that since we'd talked about it forever. We had a good time - despite a little too much being the car time with the fam .

Well I really better run so I can get to work. I'll post pics later if I get the chance. Hope everyone is doing well - I'll never have a chance to catch up on the posts I've missed.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm Back! new
      #189734 - 06/28/05 06:31 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Welcome back! I'd love to see some pics.

#189736 - 06/28/05 06:36 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time! Was it Sturbridge Village? I love Sturbridge... my mom is from Boston so we've spent a lot of time doing all of those things!

#189745 - 06/28/05 07:37 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Welcome back! Sounds like it was a really good time! I love New England. Then again, I would say that.

Where in Maine were you? I could probably rattle off a few places you should explore when you visit again!

#189746 - 06/28/05 07:38 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Thank you! I couldn't remember the name of the village I went to in MA... I was hoping somebody might mention it. My aunt's in Boston, so we went there quite a few times when I was a kid... I love Sturbridge!

#189748 - 06/28/05 07:39 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm so glad you had a good time, sweetheart. Sounds like a great vacation. One with memories that will last a lifetime.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#189786 - 06/28/05 10:06 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

hey Brit..

I'm glad you had fun and was so sad we didn't get to hook up. I ended up staying in connecticut until late sunday with my family.

come back soon.. then we'll def hang out!

--------------------

Brittany new
      #189797 - 06/28/05 11:07 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Welcome back!~ Your trip sounds delightful! Wish I could've tagged along with you. I've never visited that part of the country.

You mean, Ethan Allen, as in Ethan Allen Furniture, was a relative of yours? Cool! I was just in one of those stores Saturday, helping my parents choose fabrics for their new furniture. I love their things!

Maybe that's where you get your sense of design!

Re: Brittany new
      #189842 - 06/28/05 12:34 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Welcome back Brittany, your trip sounds fantastic.

S

--------------------
S.

Welcome back... new
      #189859 - 06/28/05 01:50 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

we've missed you! Glad you had a fab trip....will have to fill you in on my goss soon....been sooooo busy! Ooooh and I wana see pics of your trip sounds like you had fun!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 188 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4982

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review