All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I'm Back!
      #189733 - 06/28/05 06:12 AM

Unregistered

Just wanted to let you know I'm back from my trip.

It was so so fun and I got to spend some nice time with my family. We landed in Boston and then headed up to Maine and spent the night. I've decided that I love Maine and it was better than I'd even pictured it - next time I'll have to explore even more.

Then the next day we drove to this beautiful resort in New Hampshire up in the mountains. Also a very nice time.

Then the next morning we drove to another mountain resort in Vermont what was also fantastic. It was this historic inn and tavern that had been added on to a lot and my distantly relative Ethan Allen spent a lot of time there and so it was neat to see that. They had all of these old documents he'd written on the walls and stuff. Very cool.

Then the next day we drove through Massachusetts again and stopped at this old historic pretend village where they re-enact colonial days or something. My mom had gone there as a kid when they lived up there so she wanted to take us back. It was funny but cute. From there we drove out to Cape Cod and then to Newport, RI because I wanted to see all the old mansions I've learned so much about in my history of interior design classes.

Then the rest of the nights we spent in Boston but one day we went out to Lexington and Concord to see all the historic Paul Revere stuff and all. My mom was so excited for us to see this too. My youngest brother is finally old enough for all the stuff we did to really make an impact on him.

Another day we drove to see my mom's old house she lived in outside Boston and hadn't been back to since she'd lived there. That was really neat. She also wanted to take us to see Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower too since people from her side of the family came over on that.

It's funny that it took us until I was this old to finally make the big historic New England trip like that since we'd talked about it forever. We had a good time - despite a little too much being the car time with the fam .

Well I really better run so I can get to work. I'll post pics later if I get the chance. Hope everyone is doing well - I'll never have a chance to catch up on the posts I've missed.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm Back! new
      #189734 - 06/28/05 06:31 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Welcome back! I'd love to see some pics.

#189736 - 06/28/05 06:36 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time! Was it Sturbridge Village? I love Sturbridge... my mom is from Boston so we've spent a lot of time doing all of those things!

#189745 - 06/28/05 07:37 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Welcome back! Sounds like it was a really good time! I love New England. Then again, I would say that.

Where in Maine were you? I could probably rattle off a few places you should explore when you visit again!

#189746 - 06/28/05 07:38 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Thank you! I couldn't remember the name of the village I went to in MA... I was hoping somebody might mention it. My aunt's in Boston, so we went there quite a few times when I was a kid... I love Sturbridge!

#189748 - 06/28/05 07:39 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm so glad you had a good time, sweetheart. Sounds like a great vacation. One with memories that will last a lifetime.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#189786 - 06/28/05 10:06 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

hey Brit..

I'm glad you had fun and was so sad we didn't get to hook up. I ended up staying in connecticut until late sunday with my family.

come back soon.. then we'll def hang out!

--------------------

Brittany new
      #189797 - 06/28/05 11:07 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Welcome back!~ Your trip sounds delightful! Wish I could've tagged along with you. I've never visited that part of the country.

You mean, Ethan Allen, as in Ethan Allen Furniture, was a relative of yours? Cool! I was just in one of those stores Saturday, helping my parents choose fabrics for their new furniture. I love their things!

Maybe that's where you get your sense of design!

Re: Brittany new
      #189842 - 06/28/05 12:34 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Welcome back Brittany, your trip sounds fantastic.

S

--------------------
S.

Welcome back... new
      #189859 - 06/28/05 01:50 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

we've missed you! Glad you had a fab trip....will have to fill you in on my goss soon....been sooooo busy! Ooooh and I wana see pics of your trip sounds like you had fun!

--------------------
Natalie

Yeah that's the place! new
      #189906 - 06/28/05 04:07 PM

Unregistered

Haha that's funny that you guys could guess that! I was going to say the name but I hadn't thought it would mean anything to anyone. How funny!

Yeah it was really cute and my mom was so excited to see it again after all those years. And I got this REALLY pretty pewter cuff bracelet in the gift shop .

Re: Yeah that's the place! new
      #189907 - 06/28/05 04:09 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

That's awesome. We have TONS of photos of my sisters and I dressed in period costume, or running around rolling those hoops with sticks... I really, really wanted to go in December when we were heading home from cleaning out my Nana's house, but we passed through at 7:30 and Sturbridge doesn't open until 9:30 in the winter. Ah well. I'll take my kids some day.

#190005 - 06/28/05 10:00 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

WOW! That sounds like a really fantastic vacation! Can't wait to see the pictures It does sound like a LOT of driving though! How did your tummy manage? And how did your sanity manage?? j/k.

Glad to hear that you had a great time hon!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Amber new
      #190029 - 06/29/05 04:47 AM

Unregistered

It was indeed a lot of driving - especially for us always being the family that thought driving 2 hours to Disneyworld was far!

And the tummy was okay most of the time...just driving in the car sometimes seemed to get to me - I am so much more sensitive to that kind of thing now. But otherwise I was good! I even ate some french fries and Boston Creme Pie and was fine .

I'll get going on those pictures later!

Hey Nat! new
      #190030 - 06/29/05 04:50 AM

Unregistered

Can't wait to hear your new updates. I saw you had gone back to school to get some more stuff to take back home. Congrats on your bar job working out for ya. Time to make some money!!

I have some funny updates for you too .

He's the one! new
      #190031 - 06/29/05 04:52 AM

Unregistered

The furniture man is related to me. I always thought my dad was kidding and it was just a coincidence that we shared last names...but nope! I always think we should be able to get a discount in the store or something - he would have wanted it that way, right?

Ashley new
      #190034 - 06/29/05 04:57 AM

Unregistered

No problem - we'll definitely hang out next time! Remind me later to give you that little update too lol.

Glad you had fun with your family though! And thanks for telling me about Ralph Lauren's car exhibit thing at the museum because it was fantastic! I never would have thought in my life that I'd get to see my favorite car that he owns. Definitely a funny coincidence. Now if I can just find a way to marry him for it...

Thanks Alicia! new
      #190036 - 06/29/05 05:04 AM

Unregistered

It definitely was fun. I am positive more than ever now that I was born to live in that part of the US. Florida is nice but there's just something about being up there that I love.

#190039 - 06/29/05 05:08 AM

Unregistered

I love the northeast too - I just know I'm meant to live up there. And 6 months from now I hope I will be!

I'll definitely have to ask you for Maine advice next time I'm planning a trip. We only really made it as far as Portland which is barely Maine, but it was still fabulous. We ate at this floating restaurant and the historic part of the town was so nice.

If I lived in Maine I would be shunned though because I just don't think I could eat lobster. My brother got one and those things freak me out. haha.

#190041 - 06/29/05 05:11 AM

Unregistered

Thanks Tina! And I will definitely try and upload them from the camera today.

How are things going with you? I feel like I missed so much!

Haha.... new
      #190048 - 06/29/05 05:31 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Yeah I think you deserve the discount....at least 40%, ya know? I'm sure he'd agree....

Glad you had fun on your trip!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Ashley new
      #190083 - 06/29/05 07:42 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh thats def great that you got to see the car.. I wasn't sure whether or not the exhibit was still there!

did you buy any good stuff on the trip?

anyways.. yeah you still owe me the update about uncle jesse

--------------------

#190084 - 06/29/05 07:46 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I'd LOVE to see pics.

I'm great, very hot with this crazy heat wave but managing!

#190333 - 06/29/05 05:19 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Welcome back Brittany! Sounds like you had a really great time. When I was 15 or so we rented a camper and did the New England states. We went to Salem, Mass. Newport, RI and other places and it was so fun. I keep saying I'd like to go back. We will some day. Right now with the kids being little, I don't think they could appreciate it. I think we'll wait until they are a bit older.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1205 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4983

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review