All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Darn hooligan brats!!!
      #189396 - 06/27/05 06:35 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I am so fed up today!! last night around midnight, when my husband and I were in bed and almost asleep, we heard this loud banging noise. We sat up and thought it might be the dryer, but I was only drying clothes and they were done long before. So my husband said "it's the front window". So instantly I'm terrifed. He wants to go out and check it out and I told him NO! Cause who knows who it was/could have been??
We snuck into the spare bedroom and looked out the window and there were kids riding their bikes past and one "hiding" by a tree, pulling on a string that was somehow connected to a rock and our window. So he'd pull and it would bang. At that point I stopped being scared and started being MAD!!! I went online to find the non-emergency police number (information was "busy"), and I told the police what was happening. They sent a cop car by but by that time the kids had run off. We saw the car driving around so hopefully the kids ran off.

My husband wanted to chase them and "talk" to them, but I said it wasn't a good idea to get charged with assault from whatever deadbeat parents are ok with their 14 year old kids riding their bikes after midnight!! Ever heard of CURFEW?? I almost want them to come back so we can catch them. They did this once before only it was our bedroom window and my husband DID chase them that time, but didn't catch them.

So i was so keyed up and mad I barely slept, and when I did, I dreamed of violence, which I NEVER do!!!!

Sorry, I just had to vent. I don't get these kids---maybe I was a goody two-shoes but I would have never done something like that by myself. It's a good thing I wasn't home alone (which I am often), I probably would have called 911 and felt bad about it.
Luckily I have work at home and was planning to leave early for my first GI doc appt, so I'm just going to work at home this morning.

Ginger

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Darn hooligan brats!!! new
      #189398 - 06/27/05 06:39 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Oh, man that really sucks. Don't you just wanna grab them by the collar and shake em?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#189399 - 06/27/05 06:42 AM
epa_ginger

Yes!!! When I have kids, they will NOT behave that way!

--------------------

That's infuriating... new
      #189401 - 06/27/05 06:43 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Deadbeat parents for sure - these kids will end up in jail one day for something and their parents will whine and cry about how awful it is... where are they NOW though??

Ugh... it would do the kids a favor to get caught doing something "minor" before they commit a major crime and hurt someone AND their futures.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Ugh. new
      #189410 - 06/27/05 07:13 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

There are so many people that should just NOT have children, it's sad really.

When I was younger and living with my parents, we had tons of those kids in our neighborhood...they would tie our garbage cans to the ones across the street so that when a car came by it would knock all the garbage into the street....
They would also blow up our mailbox ALL the time, my dad just started buying the $5 ones. They would egg people's cars on our street too!
Glad we moved from there....so many kids need discipline these days.

I have a neighbor who says she won't discipline her only child because she wants to have 'fun' with him...and for him to remember her as the fun mom. The kids dad acts like he's 4 years old...and the kid is the most awful 5 year old I've ever met... I've seen him smack his mom's butt, spit at her, and order her around - and she does NOTHING! Makes me sick..

Ok I'm rambling now....just hate things like that!!

I hope those kids come back and get caught.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Ugh. new
      #189415 - 06/27/05 07:32 AM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

I had a similar experience growing up. There were kids that were constantly doing things like vandalism, breaking into houses, etc. I can't tell you how many mailboxes we went through. I remember being so mad at my parents for not moving. It seemed like they were not doing anything (even though they called the police numerous times). The parents refused to do anything, in fact, they were very combative. One time when the boy shot a neighbor's dog, the dad just laughed and said "oh it was just a mutt anyway". Argh! Makes me sick!

#189416 - 06/27/05 07:33 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yeah, there are a lot of kids on our street that behave like that as well. The other day they were throwing around full plastic liter bottles of coke for some reason- they managed to hit our house with one and then our neighbor's garage door (leaving a dent). Rather than correct them, the kid's mom just told them to hurry away from the door so they wouldn't get caught. They sit on our yard and rip up our grass (why would they do that?). I hate all of the kids on the street- and thus their parents. We don't really talk to our neighbors because of the way their kids behave.

#189419 - 06/27/05 07:36 AM
epa_ginger

I guess we're lucky that the only kids in close proximity to us are well behaved. Those jerks from last night...I'm not sure where they live, but you can bet I'll be looking for them! I'd recognize the one who was hiding by the tree I think.
I mean, you don't want to put all the blame on the parents, because at a certain point, people need to be responsible for themselves. But these kids obviously weren't disciplined or didn't have good examples to follow growing up, and for that I blame the parents.
I just don't see how it's fun for them to knock our windows with rocks. Unless, of course, they were stoned.

--------------------

#189422 - 06/27/05 07:44 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Don't feel bad about calling 911 - I would in a heart beat.
Next time these boys could do something more serious and they need to be caught immediately.

Many of us know the problem with kids today is they have to be held responsible for their behavior anyomore. There is a bullying problem with the 10 year old boys at my kid's school and when the parents are called, they say, Boys will be Boys.

Taking responability for bad behavior starts at home and parents need to step up to the plate by being good models and stop being afraid to discipline.

I'm glad you all are safe and hope this never happens again.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1084 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 822

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review