Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Has anyone else had this?
      #189340 - 06/26/05 09:09 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

I am just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this...
It started yesterday when we were in Seattle, and I thought maybe it was just 'cause I hadn't been eating much since my stomach was so bad on our journey there.
It's gotten a lot worse today, and I just dunno what it is so thought this is always a good place for some feedback!

I feel really dizzy and nauseous, but it's a lot worse than it's been before. You know that feeling you get when you stand up too fast and it feels like everything rushes towards your head? Well, I feel like that every time I move. If I move my head, sit up, shift about.. anything. It feels really awful.
I have been so tired too. We went to bed last night and I slept really well, but today on the drive home from Seattle I couldn't even open my eyes. I had to get Adrian to drive all the way home, then when we got home I fell asleep on the couch and couldn't get up for hours.

What's goin' on???

Any input is appreciated!
Thanks guys!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I think so.... new
      #189350 - 06/26/05 11:10 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I get it from time to time. I feel really giddy like maybe I have inertia or something which in turn makes me nauseus which makes me really tired. I used to think it was me coming down with something but it seems to last for a few days and then go away. I also feel dizzy when lying down when it happens which feels REALLY odd! Sound at all like what's going on? I can't really be of any help. I don't know what it is or why it happens, it doesn't seem to be connected to not eating properly or not enough sleep, for me anyway. It is weird though. Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon ((((((((hugs)))))))))

--------------------
Amy

Re: Has anyone else had this? new
      #189351 - 06/26/05 11:23 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

Hi Steph,
While this may be absolutely nothing serious I would strongly advise you to have it checked out by a doctor. High Blood pressure and quite a few other very unpleasant/dangerous things could cause these symptoms. Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#189353 - 06/27/05 12:16 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

My dad and granddad both had a condition called Meniere's Disease, which is an inner ear thing that affects balance and causes nausea and dizziness. It's episodic, which means it comes and goes.
Maybe you should get checked out for that, Steph and Amy?

--------------------
*Emma*

#189364 - 06/27/05 02:55 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It could *well* be an ear infection...that's how I feel when I get them. And that would explain the tiredness as well as the dizzies. Go see your GP hon...and if they try to give you oral antibiotics say "no, thank you, I have IBS, so can I have ear drops instead!". They work just as well and don't touch your tummy.

Emma, funny you should mention that.... new
      #189368 - 06/27/05 03:14 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I haven't actually been checked out for it (although I guess I should be, but it doesn't happen that often) but my mum has this now that you've said something. I forgot all about it Thanks for the thought

--------------------
Amy

#189391 - 06/27/05 06:25 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I have had very bad diziness for almost a month now! It's only bad from the time I get up until noon. I went to the doctor and he said it's probably a middle ear problem caused by a virus. He gave me a prescription for the dizziness and said it should go away.

#189393 - 06/27/05 06:27 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Stephie,

Sorry you aren't feeling well. My son had something similar a while back and it was a virus. It just took a few days to run its course.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Barbie

--------------------

#189526 - 06/27/05 11:19 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Aww.. definiately go see the GP, Stephie! Definiately sounds like maybe an ear infection.

Probably a good thing we didn't go on the Space Needle on Saturday night. I was dizzy just from the elevator. LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

#189560 - 06/27/05 12:26 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Steph,
I've seen your recent posts and I know it's crappy what you're going through right now - it sounds awful! But I'm hoping I can write something to encourage you. It's good that the doctors are going to do the colonoscopy and they are taking measures to make sure they get it right! I know it is a scarry prospect to be diagnosed with IBD (crons or colitis) - I really know - I remember being scarred to death that a doctor would tell me I have crohns and what would I do and what would it mean and I would rather be in pain and ignorant about it (I just didn't want to deal with the reality). But really, a diagnosis will get things going for you. I sometimes really feel sorry for so many of our fellow sufferers on the site who are still stuck on the IBS diagnosis and have awful symptoms but doctors don't take them seriously. Almost any doctor will take you seriously once you are diagnosed with crohns or colitis. It's sad that it takes such a labeling process and that others don't get the care they deserve - but this diagnosis could be helpful for you. Especially if asacol has really helped you. I know it will be hard to go off of it - but asacol is a really easy drug - you've probably noticed that you don't have too many side effects from it. If you can feel better with just taking asacol than you may be able to manage the disease quiet effectively and you could even achieve that wonderful goal - that is still elusive for so many of us - called remission - yes you could feel normal except that you swallow 20 pills a day - the pills could actually keep you normal. What a concept! But really - it's good that the doctors are doing tests to get the diagnosis and treat the real problem. Please let me know how things go for you - Steph, I've been through this diagnosis thing and I'd be happy to answer your questions and to sympathize. On the dizziness specifically - I'm not sure about this, but it sounds like you might be having problems with anemia. Have the doctors checked your hemocrit levels and your iron levels? Try a B12 supplement - the highest you can possibly find - and if you can manage it - eat some spinich - but not if it will give you D, that probably wouldn't be worth it. But mention this to your doctor if it continues. Keep us updated - and (as so many people have said to me) I promise you Steph, it does get better!
Min

Update and Thanks new
      #189621 - 06/27/05 03:58 PM
Stephie

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your posts, it makes me feel better to know that there are other people who have been through similar stuff. It is so frustrating to me, I feel like something is always going wrong with my body - if it's not one thing, it's something else. Whatever, I am alright, I just feel frustrated right now.

Anywho, so I went to get some blood tests today which I wish I could have done on a different day 'cause I felt so dizzy. I had to walk there by myself, get the test, and walk home. Walking there was hard, but walking back home was really crappy.
When I showed up, she also told me that my doctor had sent in an order for a bunch of stool samples too, ICK! I've done this stuff so many times, but I still hate it. She told me to take a sample, and keep it in the fridge! How disgusting!

Anyway, I should get results in the next 3 days from the blood tests. They might as well have just filled up a milk container for the amount of blood they took, yeeesh!!

So I've hardly been off the couch since I got home, I sat down with my Dad and watched Star Trek and the end of some Clint Eastwood movie for the afternoon and slept a lot. The way I feel right now, I could definitely not work. I was supposed to go to a job interview today, but found out that you have to pay $500 for training and stuff so decided not to go, but even if it was a good job I don't think I could have done it.

I am going to the walk-in clinic in about half an hour with Adrian to get a refill on my bcp and I think I will ask the doc about all this head rushy feeling. Maybe he can check my ears and stuff.

Wednesday is my barium xray thing, I'll keep ya'll updated!

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Me too! new
      #189628 - 06/27/05 04:27 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hey I am having the barium swallow test on wed at 10am - lets do it together!! :-)
Feel better steph - sending you 'feel better' vibes!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#189634 - 06/27/05 05:01 PM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

YES! I have had this off and on the entire time I've had IBS. They have tested my blood among other things as well. It is the worst feeling. Its like your on a boat in choppy water, and you can't make it stop! Mine sometimes comes out of nowhere, it lasts for days, then it eases up. I then get it all over again. I have had endoscopies (3), barium thing, sonograms. They just can't figure it out? Its frustrating I know. Let me know how things turn out for you. I hope your test goes well, and you get positive news. Hang in there!

I've been dizzy all day... new
      #189683 - 06/27/05 07:25 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

these past few days. What's going on with us?

Maybe it's the heat? I haven't reduced my food intake, so I'm not sure why I'm so dizzy. It's like you said, Steph...like when you get up to fast and everything is a little off for a while.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

IF IT'S MORNING SICKNESS..GIVE IT TO ME!!!! new
      #189706 - 06/27/05 09:55 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

HAHA....JUST KIDDING...

Pregnancy Test new
      #189806 - 06/28/05 11:39 AM
Stephie

When I went to the clinic, I asked the doctor about the dizziness and he made me take a pregnancy test. Then he had to go help a little girl who came in, and I was left sitting in the office by myself for ages going, "what if I am pregnant?.... what if I am pregnant?..." and started freaking out, but then it came back negative so I could breath a little easier.
I'd be a train wreck of a mum, so I was really worried.

Anyway, he basically told me to lie down and drink lots of water.. he thinks it might be an inner ear infection. He said if it doesn't clear up in 2 days or if it gets any worse, to go straight back to the doctor.

Blaaaaaah!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Pregnancy Test new
      #189808 - 06/28/05 11:40 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Phhhhhhhhhhewwwwwwwww~~~~~~!!!!!

Beth new
      #189831 - 06/28/05 12:20 PM
Stephie

Hiya,

Hmm, strange that we have both been feeling so dizzy for no apparent reason. I wish I could blame the heat but it isn't warm here right now. I mean, it's gotten sort of warm but nowhere near 'hot'.

I've reduced my food intake, but I feel so nauseous with this that I don't feel like eating so I keep force feeding myself.

Hope we both figure this out 'cause MAN it sucks.
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: I've been dizzy all day... new
      #189885 - 06/28/05 02:35 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Beth, I'm no M.D., but it really sounds like you're sodium levels are too low--the dizziness, etc. The heat really depletes them. Can you get some salt into you? It will raise your blood pressure enough so you don't feel woozy/dizzy. The thing you mentioned about the position shift causing increasing dizziness really leads me to believe that you could use some sodium. I get it from a simple can/tetra of organic no-chicken broth! There's also the whole Gatorade deal, but I find the broth more effective. I think Gatorade is gross, too. Eat/drink something SALTY. I think you'll feel better.

Kate (ibs-d)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2129 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1848

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review