All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Colonoscopy/Endoscopy Recovery Time
      #188598 - 06/23/05 10:36 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

In about 2 weeks, I have a colonoscopy & endoscopy scheduled for 7:15 AM. Now, I know I won't be going into work that day, but what about the next day?

I've heard I'll be fine the next day. I have a friend who's had multiples of these tests (he has Crohn's)and he says I won't feel like going to work the next day either.
I suppose I will play it by ear, but I'd rather not be out for two whole days. How long did it take you to recover? Just curious. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I had both at one time too... new
      #188604 - 06/23/05 10:46 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

You don't feel too cool the next day. The sedation (though not "full" sedation) leaves me with a headache, but the worst for me is they pump you full of gas so they can see better in there and it's pretty miserable after. If you could take that second day to sip tea, do some "wind relief yoga poses", rest and try to get things moving "out", you'd probably feel better.

GL!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Colonoscopy/Endoscopy Recovery Time new
      #188681 - 06/23/05 01:47 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I had both done at the same time and my advice is take the day before, day of and the next day off of work. You can't eat solid food the day before the procedure, so you may not be up for work. I remeber still feeling weak the next day-probaly from not eating.

Good luck with the procedure.

I agree too. new
      #188689 - 06/23/05 01:54 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Although all the potty stuff was done with, I had painful gas and was a little woozy still.

#188714 - 06/23/05 02:33 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

I agree with others. I did the colonoscopy on a Friday. It took the whole weekend to recover. NOT a fond memory!!! Let us know how it goes though...

Re: I agree too. new
      #188715 - 06/23/05 02:33 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I guess I will play it by ear about the day after. Ugh. I just hate missing work. I am working the day before because I figured if I'm at home, I'll be near the kitchen...and that would be bad.

So I guess I'll just enjoy my water and not-red jello & Gatorade. Yahoo!

#188783 - 06/23/05 05:47 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

I've only had 1 colonoscopy (July/03) and I didn't go to work that day but I was able to go into work the following day.

I guess you can only play it by ear and see how your body feels.

#190311 - 06/29/05 03:56 PM
Stephany

Reged: 06/07/05

I was a little tired the next day but only because I had spent three weeks stressing out about the Colonoscopy and I had been eating very lightly so the prep wouldn't hit me too hard and I ended up just draining myself. But, within 48 hours, I was on a plane to California (I live in NY) and I was out to lunch and dinner that day and I felt fine. As a matter of fact, the prep really did make me feel good because, once I was cleaned out, a lot of my pain went away. When my husband had his, we went out shopping right afterwards! A few of my friends went to lunch right after they had a Colonoscopy. I suppose it all depends on the person.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1658 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1116

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review