All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Thanks Angela! I really appreciate it! :) -nt- new
      #188679 - 06/23/05 01:45 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Brilliant! new
      #188690 - 06/23/05 01:57 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Thank God someone is finally looking after you. I was crossing my fingers that your new nurse would be good...a good nurse is a fantastic asset in any doctors office. Here's hoping they get you feeling better SOON!

And was that an early appt?

Re: Ohh, good. new
      #188719 - 06/23/05 02:44 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Anytime, honey. I just wish I could help.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Awesome theories, Dalia! new
      #188798 - 06/23/05 08:00 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Definitely let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything goes well.

CARA!!!! new
      #188838 - 06/24/05 05:53 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I've been out of town (and thus off the boards) since Tuesday, but I was delighted to see that this new doctor's office has worked you in to be seen. It's about time someone checked into why you have been so sick lately!

Let us know how the doctor's appt. goes. That's today, right? (or do I have my days mixed up?)

HI BL! :) new
      #188855 - 06/24/05 07:15 AM
Cara4503

Yes the appt is today - in a couple hours. I'm VERY glad I switched doctors, so glad I could barely sleep last night because I was excited that someone actually seems to think this is important!

Are all the projects in your house done now??

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: HI BL! :) new
      #188882 - 06/24/05 09:02 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Cara, Of course, this is important! This baby you're carrying needs to have enough nutrients to grow and thrive. And it can't if you keep throwing up! Any doctor that wouldn't be concerned about this is a fool!

I know sometimes it's easy to get intimidated by doctors, but they're just people too. And don't ever forget who's working for who. YOU are paying the bill! It's YOU he needs to cater to---not the other way around.

I'm so glad that you dumped that other doctor--who definitely had an ego complex and did not have you (and your baby's) best interest at heart. You don't need a doctor like that!

This throwing up at night is not the norm. Hopefully, it's nothing serious, but when a baby is involved, you don't want to take any chances. You need to be reassured that everything is ok.

It's about time someone examined you, listened to you explain what's going on, and got to the bottom of this!

I'm anxious to hear what he has to say about all of this. Please let us know soon.

Could SOMETHING go right for a change?? new
      #188925 - 06/24/05 12:20 PM
Cara4503

The nurse called me this morning as I was headed out the door and said that the doctor was called to a delivery and won't be in the rest of the day. So I have to wait until Monday.
I was so disappointed I started crying right away. I literally could not sleep because I was so excited about getting in to see a doctor. I was really hoping for a new medicine or SOMETHING to help.
I honestly cannot handle this anymore. The thought of puking again tonight and for who knows how long is just too much anymore!

I asked if there was anything else she could prescribe for the weekend and she said that Zofran is all they can give me, and that it is the top of the line drug. She said that my conditions right now are a mystery and she's really interested in what the doctor will say and what we'll do.
That makes me feel REAL good, let me tell ya. (Sarcasm of course)

Then I go to pick up more Zofran -the pharmacy isn't at all close to my house, and she hadn't called them in yet (this was at noon so it'd be at least another hour)...so I just came home. It's just not my day. And I'm sure it won't be my night either.

Sorry I'm depressing today, just not in a good mood anymore.

--------------------
~Cara~

Oh honey! new
      #188928 - 06/24/05 12:29 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Cr*p! Darn it.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

PANTS!

Re: Could SOMETHING go right for a change?? new
      #188930 - 06/24/05 12:36 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Oh, Hon. Stupid Doctors! I can't believe it. Top of the line med my a$$. It isn't working! Another 3 days to wait - it seems like FOREVER! Not fair at all. Will your husband be home this weekend or is he working?
Are you working at all ATM?
I would say if it gets really severe, have your husband take you to emergency. At least then your Doc will get a report.
I feel awful for you. I'm so sorry. I wish I could help somehow. Sending you big hugs.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4696 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20437

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review