All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Bit of research new
      #188541 - 06/23/05 06:48 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

My pleasure Cara..I hate to think of you suffering like that. Fat stays in the stomach a lot longer then other foods. I know that the body needs fat - but if you just get a tiny bit its enough...eating higher fat can also make you more C if it is making you spasm, and very nauseous (aside from MS) - if you add that onto having had your gallbladder removed then BOOM - awful symptoms. TRY a very low fat diet for a few days and see what happens. If you need more fibre being preggers (because your system obviously slows down a hell of a lot when pregnant) eat more IF - just a bit - don't go for the whole branny stuff (ouch!) - but maybe brown rice instead of white, a raw apple etc. Maybe this will help you. I really hope so. Trying won't hurt. I think it will help because anyway, without a gallbladder a perso is meant to assume a low or zero fat diet and when someone has MS fatty foods exacerbate it because they are in the stomach longer. PLUS if your pancreas is meant to be taking over the job of the gallbladder and it is infected, it can't assume its added role without LOTS of stress on teh body - let it rest - so take away its responsibility to digest fat for now! Wish you luck!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

You make so much sense! new
      #188571 - 06/23/05 09:12 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I am dumb for not cutting more fat our earlier...

I am definately doing it starting NOW!

On a very good note...I just talked to my new nurse for 30 minutes!!! Can you believe a nurse stayed on the phone with me for that long?! She actually was concerned about me. It really made me feel good, and made me realize how awful that other OB was.

She said that the fact that the Zofran isn't working at all is very disturbing, and she's worried about my pancreas. She took down tons of info from me and said we all need to sit down and talk about what to do with me. She had me fax all my blood work regarding my pancreas over, and is going to talk to the doctor today and try a different medicine for the time being....
Another thing she said, however, is that since I'm only throwing up NIGHT, she is confused because she feels that if it was my pancreas I'd be puking all day. So that makes her lean towards severe MS....on the other hand most woman start to get better now, and I am getting worse. And the Zofran isn't working......

SOOOO....I'm basically a big mess But I feel much better that she was concerned and wants to help me. I have a feeling I'll be seeing a high-risk doctor soon since it was mentioned twice. That would be fine with me, I'll take any kind of help whatsoever! I just want a healthy baby, and a happy me!

Thanks everybody for caring and helping me out. You have helped more than you can even imagine, seriously. I don't talk to anyone about this besides the hubby, and he of course is clueless since this is our first. So you guys have really been my life support through these few weeks! I REALLY appreciate it. THANK YOU! <<<BIG HUGS>>>

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: You make so much sense! new
      #188580 - 06/23/05 09:30 AM
daliatree

I am DELIGHTED that this new nurse is taking you seriously. This has to END!! Maybe this is a long shot...but could it be that your pancreas gets to rest during the night because its a whole block of hours when you are not eating...so then it is more refreshed in the morning and daytime and can take food etc but by the evening its like 'ok darling, enough, I have no more strength...out you go' and boom, you can't stop being sick. maybe its that it runs out of digestive help? I think taking out fat might really help you (I really hope so) and also working with the Dr's. Good luck darling and send us a picture!

--------------------

Re: You make so much sense! new
      #188589 - 06/23/05 09:58 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

That is awesome news!!! I feel just terrible for you....I can't even imagine going through what you're going through. Take care of yourself and be sure to keep everyone updated on how you're doing. *HUGS*

Awesome theories, Dalia! new
      #188616 - 06/23/05 11:12 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Just wanted to let you know that everything you said made perfect sense and what great theories those are.

Hopefully your new doctors and nurses can help you control the MS better, Cara!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Awesome theories, Dalia! new
      #188630 - 06/23/05 11:40 AM
daliatree

Awwww thanks - I'm shy now :-)

--------------------

#188635 - 06/23/05 12:15 PM
Cara4503

THANKS everyone! Kimm, I know you are terrified of throwing up too - so yeah it's hard to deal with!

I just got more good news (kinda)! This nurse is awesome. She called me again about 45 minutes ago and put me in the emergency slot for tommorrow morning at 11:30...so I will actually meet the doctor tommorrow, and the midwife on Monday.
I thanked her so much for listening to me, because I really feel this is the first doctor here to actually try and understand what's happening.
She said I was so surprisingly calm about everything, and that I have a lot to be worrying about right now. She couldn't believe that no one had sat down with me yet to really discuss my surgery and related issues, and that is really is a huge deal right now!

I think the reason I'm so calm about this is because it's just ONE MORE THING. I've had so much crap happen to me lately with health issues that this is just another thing...it's almost embarrassing for me to tell doctors what's going on because I just feel like I'm falling apart here!

So anyways....
Dalia, I think that makes sense about my pancreas...I mean everyone is telling me, 'You have to eat when you're nausous, keep something in your tummy, etc'...but I KNOW that won't work for me at night, my tummy wants NOTHING in it....so maybe it is actually my pancreas saying it's had too much during the day!

I will keep ya'll updated and as soon as I can, post a pic! My hubby is so exhausted when he gets home, and he's busy putting a fence up in our backyard...and I'm busy puking...so I haven't gotten around to asking him to take pics of my belly quite yet Maybe I could do it myself somehow....

Anyways, thanks to everyone for your help. Dalia you rock.

--------------------
~Cara~

#188647 - 06/23/05 12:56 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Cara-
Just wanted you to know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I just read through this post. Hang in there and I hope everything works out for the best!!!

Re: Ohh, good. new
      #188661 - 06/23/05 01:29 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Finally someone is taking you seriously. It's about time. I was getting really worried about you. Hopefully it's a good sign about it maybe not being the pancreas causing the problems. Did she prescribe the new med today or do you have to wait for a Dr?
Let's hope this gets resolved soon. We're here for you!
Lots of hugs,
Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Ohh, good. new
      #188678 - 06/23/05 01:45 PM
Cara4503

She didn't prescribe anything new - she said we'll wait and talk to the doctor tommorrow. I'm really glad I have this appt tommorrow. Thanks so much for your concern Alicia!!! <<HUGS>>

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5197 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20295

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review