All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: CARA!!! new
      #188458 - 06/22/05 07:00 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I haven't been posting much but I just wanted to say I've been following your posts and I hope you feel better soon!!

I'm assuming you've tried ginger already....it sounds just horrible what you're going through and I commend you for being so strong about it.

Get some pics of that belly!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Crap. new
      #188459 - 06/22/05 07:01 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Oh Cara, I am sooo sorry :-(
I was thinking, could this have any link to the whole gallbladder thing you went through just before you got pregnant? Did you ever ask a Dr if that would make your belly more sensitive to MS?
Just a thought.
Sending prayers for this to end your way XXXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

A Link For You.... new
      #188463 - 06/22/05 07:08 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm sure you've already researched it all but just in case I thought I'd post this link for you.

Severe Morning Sickness

Another Link

Bit of research new
      #188472 - 06/22/05 07:45 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Cara sweetie
I just did some googling of gallbladder and how it impacts MS if it is removed and even if it is there and under strain (it was YOU wasn't it that had your gallbladder removed...I'm not getting mixed up am I??? - if I am, sorry) - anyway, there is every chance that the whole gallbladder issues - its recent removal - is aggravating your MS. Are you keeping to a low/zero fat diet?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Thanks Kimm new
      #188528 - 06/23/05 06:08 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I really appreciate it!
Yes I have tried ginger, and I take B6, drink a lot, eat smaller meals more often, etc...

I'm just starting to get really frustrated with this. We have all these plans coming up that I'm going to have to cancel, and we spent a lot of money on them already!

Last night I just ended up crying again and trying to fall asleep...it's almost getting worse. I see the doctor on Monday if I can make it that long.

Thanks for your help!!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Bit of research new
      #188530 - 06/23/05 06:14 AM
Cara4503

Yes it's me with the gallbladder. You're really sweet for researching for me! I have looked into it a little, and my old doctor did know about it of course. You know my pancreas is infected because of how bad my gallbladder was...so I have to have my lipace level (some fluid in your pancreas) checked every 3 weeks because if it gets any higher I'm at a huge risk for pancreatitis. So my old doctor said it could be my pancreas causing me problems too....but we can't check that out until after the baby comes.

For some reason I feel like this is just MS, but I'm defiantely going to tell my new doctor about the gallbladder issue and see what he thinks. In the meantime I think I'll research it more myself - thanks for the idea! I guess I'm scared to read something bad that I won't be able to do anything about

I'm definately not eating a low fat diet right now....but I will change that starting today if you think it'll help. I mean I'm not eating a TON of fat, but definately more than before I was pregnant, because I havent been having D at all anymore.

Anyways, thanks Dalia. I'm starting to get really down about this and I didn't want that to happen! Last night was just a really bad one again, and Justin had to be at work at 4:00 this morning so I was all worried about him being up late with me. Ahhh...just want it to end.

--------------------
~Cara~

{{{hugs}}} Cara new
      #188531 - 06/23/05 06:15 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

God, how awful! Poor you.

I can't remember if you said if sticking to liquids made any difference. Anything to get you through to your doc's appointment, eh?

I hope you're getting ALOT of tlc from the father right now.

Maybe that'll help? new
      #188533 - 06/23/05 06:18 AM
Linz

Worth a try, isn't it? I've heard before that fats can be troublesome after a gallbladder removal.

Btw, this does NOT sound like regular MS to me.

Thanks Linz.... new
      #188534 - 06/23/05 06:22 AM
Cara4503

I wish I was getting a lot of tlc from the hubby right now! He works construction and he's working 70 hours a week at least right now (we have a HUGE 5 year highway construction project going on right now - he's doing a bridge over the Illinois River!)..in 95 degree weather and jeans and a hard hat....so when he comes home he looks more miserable than me! I don't want to burden him with my puking when he feels like that....

Liquids didn't work Well...water is ok, but the other day I drank gatorade around 7 and then threw up blue liquid all night.

--------------------
~Cara~

Aw honey! new
      #188535 - 06/23/05 06:28 AM
Linz

Never rains, but it pours, huh? Poor BOTH of you. I'm not so good in this heat we're having either .

Have you called your docs to see if you can get in any sooner? I know you're new to them, but if they know just how ill and miserable you are, maybe you could get an emergency appointment? It's early Thursday am for you guys, isn't it? I'd call them as SOON as they open. Maybe the nurse would have some advice to give over the phone if you couldn't get an earlier appointment? I know MS is supposed to be pretty miserable, but you sound really ill!

PS. I don't know about you, but fat makes me C, so maybe you should lay off it b/c of the C as well as the gallbladder?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5548 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20295

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review