All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re:My bro got his PhD.... new
      #188234 - 06/22/05 09:08 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh yeah! I often ponder what life would be like if I had gotten a real job... with a salary... and sick days... and insurance... and maternity leave... ah well.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Next phase in the potty training saga..... new
      #188711 - 06/23/05 02:24 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hang in there with the potty training. Some kids are harder than others and who knows why.

A friend of mine son, who is 21/2 decided last week no more diapers and is using the toilet. Her 5 year old daughter was another story and was over 3 before potty training.

My boys potty trained around 21/2. My aunt told me to buy cloth diapers and the plastic pants to go over them. That will allow Liam to feel when he has to go potty and protect his clothes. My younger ones potty trained in TX and they ran butt naked in the back yard. We had a 6 foot fence, so we had all the privacy we needed.

The funny thing my boys like to do was aim at the fire ant piles. The fire ants actually moved and didn't have too many to worry about our backyard.

#188720 - 06/23/05 02:48 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Thanks. I'm just panicking because he's almost 4 and goes to JK in September. He just doesn't GET the wet sensation signal. He just wets himself completely. He doesn't seem to be able to stop it in time to run to the potty. I'm so frustrated over this whole thing. Wish me luck - I really need it.
Today I gave him a star and not two minutes after he wet his pants. Sigh.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#188981 - 06/24/05 05:17 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Alicia don't panick - your son will get it. He may be embrass when he sees his peers wearing big boy underwear and he is still wearing pull ups.

Hang in tight - this is another parent milestone to have to survive. You had to survive much worse.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3021

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review