All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Ok I have decided to be brave! HELP!!! new
      #187654 - 06/20/05 07:08 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hahahahaha...thats hysterical and such a good idea! much cheaper then wine! hahahahaha, I am going to copy you XXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#187660 - 06/20/05 07:26 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

When you have just water coming out and absolutely nothing else, not even tiny pieces, then you're cleaned out. That's what my doc told me anyway.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#187662 - 06/20/05 07:59 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

As far as the drugs go....sometimes they will do that to you at first and then once your body gets used to it then you're fine.

When I started taking Modulon for my IBS I was loopy for about 2 weeks and now I have no side effects at all. Your body probably just needs time to get used to the new meds.

Hang in there....try not to be too scared about the tests...we always seem to freak out more than we need to and it ends up going much better than we thought in the end right?

Re: I have taken the drug levsin (hyoscyamine) for 7 years now... new
      #187674 - 06/20/05 10:20 PM
mudpielady

Reged: 05/08/05
Loc: Kansas

Hey dalia! Levsin (hyoscyamine) will relieve IBS, make you feel better, and control the D. Unfortunately, it doesn't come close to curing it. I'm going to my gastro tomorrow to see what else is available for IBS. The hyoscyamine has side effects. The eyesight problems have became a problem for me, I'm always blurry and (ha) floppy. I like that description. Fits. The drug can cause short term memory loss, which I definately have. I think the eyesight problem is the worst. I have trouble focusing sometimes. But, as bad as all that is, the D from IBS-and pain-is even worse. I'm tired all the time, too. Sigh. We need a cure. But, if the drug makes you feel better, that's good for now, eh? Sorry I couldn't be more help. If my doc comes up with something better, I'll post it.

Dalia new
      #187678 - 06/21/05 03:39 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

The prep is not so bad really, as long as you are prepared. I didn't throw up at all, just ran to the loo a lot, think mils attack. The stuff tastes like Andrews- you know the powder stuff your Mum used to give you when you were little and had a sore tummy, gassy.

I thought that it would be a lot worse, although I think that subconsciously I ate a lot less in the days coming up to it so there wasn't a huge amount to come out. I drank chicken bovril and 7up on the day, I was only allowed drink clear liquids though so coke wasn't an option.

When is your appointment for? This IS a good idea. We're here to reassure you.

hugs,

S.

--------------------
S.

You will be FINE!!! new
      #187682 - 06/21/05 05:30 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Glad you are having the tests done. I know you will be glad to know what's what once it is behind you. Levsin is a GREAT tummy calmer! Unfortunately, it gives me terrific headaches! I do find myself having to sleep when I first take one though. Perhaps this will wear off in time. Hang in there! You've got an entire cheer leading team rooting for you!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#187687 - 06/21/05 05:58 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

You'll be ok Dalia! You're so cute

Be VERY glad he doesn't want you to do the gallon - I don't know how anyone could get through that!!!! I started out trying to do that and was VERY nausous. She finally switched me to the fleet - but I only had to do it twice, once before bed, and then she woke me up to do it at like 5 in the morning. It's so small you can chug it in 2 gulps...just PLUG YOUR NOSE and don't unplug it until you wash it out with water or juice or something.

You know how nausous I get, and I didn't throw up from the prep at all!!!

I'm really glad you're getting it done! And YAY for good doctors!

--------------------
~Cara~

Im scared too.... new
      #187688 - 06/21/05 06:11 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Dalia I have to go for a colonoscopy soon, Ive been refered but not had the date through yet. I am also not a keen fan of being sick although I wouldnt say Im completely emetaphobic, but I am scared of being sick in public, terrified infact cos its happened before. Im really scared about the colonoscopy too....Im scared about the having to run to the bathroom millions of times things, I dont like that happening when Im not in the security of my own home and Im TERRIFIED of injections...I faint nearly every time so I am so scared of having that to put me out. Just thought I'd let you know you're not alone...we'll get through this together!!!!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

#187692 - 06/21/05 06:29 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hi Dalia!

I'm sure everybody's told you that Levsin is just a basic antispasmodic. It was ok for me, but Pamine Forte (another spasmodic) works much better. As for your tests, I understand completely about being scared of them- but I know you'll make it through!!

Re: Im scared too.... new
      #187694 - 06/21/05 06:43 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey babe
mine is booked for july 28th...lets do it together!!!! :-)
I used to be reallly frightened of needles but had to have lots of injections to go travelling and lots of blood tests and now I am FINE - its the kind of fear that goes away with practise because it really doesn't hurt that much, unlike puking, which is just as grose as our fear dictates!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1087 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14656

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review