Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Update on me
      #187550 - 06/20/05 03:39 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hello there!

I have been lurking for quite a while and have only just rejoined the boards in the last day or so. Life has been pretty crazy lately so here's some updates on me.:-

Firstly, I have been very preoccupied with my family. We have just organised a family intervention to try to convince my Dad to get help for his alcoholism. My Mum,14 year old sister and I went to an addicition counsellor for help the week before last and he helped us plan the "intervention meeting". This involved all 6 kids (aged 29 to 11) meeting him together when he was sober (this was very very hard to orchestrate) We all wrote letters telling him how much we love him and care about him and how his drinking is hurting us and begging him to get help. We were so scared about it, but I am delighted to report that he got very emotional and said that while he felt that he needed to drink that he would talk to the counsellor, so we are all thrilled and so glad that we invested so much time and emotion into the planning. It was without a doubt the hardest thing that I have ever done. My Dad called it the greatest day of his life, having his 6 children tell him how much they love him and how much they care.

phew,right on to other stuff. Life is moving along. Work is really really busy at the moment and there are a lot of people on holidays etc so I am under pressure.

Wedding wise I got shoes and jewellery for my bridesmaids (on the wedding boards I can call them BMs, doesn't really work here though ) The shoes are lilac satin mules with a kitten heel and a diamante oval buckle, they are very cute and were in a sale. The jewellery is silver with tiny lilac stones, I got necklaces and bracelets for both girls and earrings for one.

Also we spent about two hours on Sunday morning setting up our gift registry, its sooo much fun! They give you a scanner and you go around the shop scanning the stuff that you want, P loved the scanning, I loved the shopping. I have a dyson vacuum cleaner on it and a kenwood chef food mixer and then lots of pretty porcelain stuff and a lovely square white dinner service. We kept it to all practical stuff as we have pretty much everything that we need, and a tiny little house so no room for pretty dustcatchers.

I am off to London this weekend to a friend's hen weekend, staying in her house in Essex (no UK girls she is NOT marrying a footballer! ) We are having a pampering day and a winetasting and then we are heading out for a meal and going to schooldisco.com so we have to dress up in school uniforms...cringe, I have really chunky legs for my size and EVERYONE is talking about doing a Britney in "Hit Me Baby one more time" video look with a minimini-skirt but I can't do this, it would look soo terrible on me...argh!

Anyway that's all for now, sorry its soo long

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yay you're back!! new
      #187557 - 06/20/05 03:51 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I have missed seeing you on the boards sinead, I just checked to see who was online and I started smiling when I saw your name!

First can I just say that I am SO happy that everything went well with your dad, Ive been meaning to email u over that but I wasnt sure whether to bring it up cos its such a difficult subject...I really hope this is the start of good things to come and Im so proud of you for doing it, how do u manage to cope working as a lawyer, with ibs, a wedding to plan and family problems?? You deserve a medal!

Glad the wedding stuff is all going well too...cant wait to see pictures only 3 months left....its going so fast!

And I hope you have a great time in Essex...never been down south myself I am a born and bred northerner and I only went to London briefly on a school trip....we are going next yr with uni for a week...cant wait!

Right, thats me off...think my mum is still awake and can hear me typing....probably keeping her up....Im still at home job hunting proving difficult at the mo....no one wants to take me on just for 3months...might have a bar job in the pipeline tho...fingers crossed!

Night night xx

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Yay you're back!! new
      #187562 - 06/20/05 03:59 PM
cailin

Nat,
you sound just like my sister (who's 19 too) our internet PC at home is on the landing and we have the noisiest keyboard ever so my Mum is constantly getting out of bed to tell my sister to stop typing so loudly and go to bed (she's on yahoomessenger at 1am) Mam also tries to read her messages over her shoulder while scolding her!

Thanks for the kind words, I was a mess for a while and the stress gave me D attacks which were not bad but were worse than I would normally have (I'm am amateur though, my speciality is cramps) Tummy still a bit all over the place but getting back to normal. (Stuffing myself with Heather's brown sugar banana bread from Eating for IBS - with added walnuts since I took it out of the oven, have seriously overeaten!)

A job will come out of somewhere...are you back in Liverpool for the whole summer now? I thought you were going to stay in Leeds for a bit? I really hope that you find some work so that you can go to Peru (I want you to report back to me what its like so that I can plan the honeymoon even more...or start planning it I should say...)

The wedding is fast approaching alright, we have a lot done but a lot more to do. I am getting excited about it now but need to jump a few more hurdles before I can relax properly. We are ordering the invitations in the next few weeks and that will be very exciting, to see it written down in print...anyway.. I had better let you get to bed...byeee

--------------------
S.

Glad you're back! new
      #187567 - 06/20/05 04:06 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Man, that sounds stressful. Glad it went okay. Alcoholism's so horrible.

Wedding excitement, yay! I loved doing the gift list too...d'you think they came up with the scanner idea to keep the men happy? Simon just loved doing that.

Have fun this w/e. Sympathy on the mini-skirt issue...I have exactly the same problem. Didn't stop me wearing them at school, but I looked AWFUL! Maybe you could do a push-up bra, half-buttoned blouse and va-va voom cleavage to distract from the fact that your skirt isn't so short?

Re: Glad you're back! new
      #187571 - 06/20/05 04:11 PM
cailin

thanks Linz, got through it, thankfully that part of it is over now.

just checked out the schooldisco website (you have to register to see the photos) but I am even more depressed now, there's girls with belts instead of skirts and suspenders! I am in shock. I was going for more "authentic" than "sexy". Feck. I have a white shirt that I was going to tie with the push up bra jobbie, a school tie (green and cream) and green kneesocks, think I will look a complete dork beside the Britneys! At least I am not trying to pull!!

--------------------
S.

Yeah, it's pretty insane by all accounts! new
      #187573 - 06/20/05 04:13 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

But hon, you're gorgeous!

Re: Yeah, it's pretty insane by all accounts! new
      #187578 - 06/20/05 04:16 PM
cailin

and you are a sweetie...but you have never seen my thighs! The girls on the website are all Jennifer Ellison-a-likes, tan, boobs, blonde hair with no roots. I'll just have to drink lots to enjoy myself and not feel self conscious. Oh well cocktails and pigtails will go great together

--------------------
S.

mmmm banana bread!!!!!!!!! new
      #187581 - 06/20/05 04:22 PM
Natalie1985

You're making me hungry....Im on this diet thing at the moment so that wud b a no no for me....but you've reminded me I havent made it in a while....how nice is it with walnuts?? I have been known to have almost the whole thing gone in a day...it is too moreish!

Mum seems to be asleep...our pc is on the landing too...and yep...noisy keyboard too! I am tired also but dont feel like sleeping yet...insomnia is bad at the moment...should go n watch big brother live that puts me to sleep....am loving the show...its the live screenin thats boring!

My job plans in leeds fell thru and cos I only have accomodation there till 23rd july it wasnt worth me getting a job there so yea Im back in Liverpool for the summer...not officially tho...got so much to sort in leeds...need to move my stuff into our new flat and clean our old one....I came home only expectin to stay a few days and have been here a week cos its taking so long to find a job...its stressing me out cos I left my straighteners in leeds too!! GRRRR!! Once Ive secured a job the plan is to go back and forth to leeds the 2 days a week Im not working(most bar jobs seem to want 5/7 days so shud b alrite)

As for peru...well....that is on hold at the moment....only cos if Im gona go I want to go for 4-6 weeks....I dont see the point in going for any less cos its already gona cost so much! The thing is when I was planning to go(just after dublin) I now have a family wedding which I have to go to on sept 2nd(and actually really want to go to...its my grandads partners daughters wedding shes 29 and her fiance is 25 and GORGEOUS....me my sis and my cousin all fancy him!) So it would mean only being able to go froma fter then till 16th sept when I go bk 2 uni! I would go in july/august but I need to earn the money first and my parents cant afford it plus u have to book a month in advance....so the more I think about it the more I think I'll set up a bank account and start saving now for next summer...so I definately CAN go...plus Ive already got the local paper involved for advertising for sponsorship. We'll see...I'll let u know how it goes.

--------------------
Natalie

my idea of hell new
      #187584 - 06/20/05 04:30 PM
Natalie1985

Can I just say that I'd rather die than be seen in a school uniform again....I used to wear what was practically a belt at school....my thighs now would look terrible too....I hate all that tacky hen night c*** I'd rather do classy sophisticated now I have had my time looking like a slapper! For my friends 18th we had to go as strippers...she hired a place and guess wot happened...we arrived early and had to sit downstairs while they got the upstairs ready for us and what was going on downstairs?? Only the bloody football match....so u can imagine....3 dressed up strippers and a bar full of men...and of course it is liverpool...so yea....we got some looks!! Ive never tried so hard to keep my eyes on the tv screen trying to avoid the crowds of male eyes staring our way! Hilarious!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Update on me new
      #187586 - 06/20/05 04:33 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Oh Sinead. I am sorry you are still going through stuff with your dad. I hope it all works out for you and your family, especially for your Mum...

Keep us updated on things and I am glad to see you back!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3912 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3904

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review