Loc: Manhattan, New York

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey Dalia :) new
      #187295 - 06/19/05 04:57 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

It's going ok. Still throwing up I've been on the Zofran now for 4 nights (tonight will be the 5th) I threw up a ton the first day, then I didn't for the next 2 days, and then last night I threw up 4 times. The only thing I did different those days that I didn't throw up was that I didn't eat anything after 5:30. So I'm trying that again tonight....
The problem with that is that I wake up around 2:00 STARVING and with an awful headache...I don't feel like eating at 2 in the morning...so I try to go back to sleep. Then when I actually wake up in the morning, I feel so shaky and hungry and have a splitting headache. So mornings aren't so great anymore either

Today it felt like I was having contractions all day - I was tempted to call somebody because they were knocking me on my knees! I think it is just that I am now soooo C, and have been for 6 days now.

Basically I am at a bad stage right now I really hope this part ends soon! I find out in 3 weeks if it's a boy or girl...I cannot wait, it's going to be such a hard 3 weeks. I think about it about 50 times a day! I really feel like it's a girl, but who knows for sure. Whatever it is, it's going to get a spanking for what it's doing to me. LOL - TOTALLY KIDDING.

Thanks for asking about me, I really appreciate it.

I got my hubby a little bib that says 'I love my daddy'...and a book for expected fathers today. It's his first 'kinda' Father's Day!

Did you have a good weekend?? I hope so!!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Hey Dalia :) new
      #187296 - 06/19/05 05:02 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04

hey! well those two nights without the yucky throwing up sound hopeful. Hows this - when you wake up at 2am starving, it doesn't have to be a meal...how about some crackers - just something to line your tummy...have you tried that?
Its sooo exciting finding out the sex!! Either one is soo amazing. So soon you will be feeling much better. I am sure of it. Meanwhile, I will continue praying for your ES (evening sickness!!) to stop! You are still my brave inspiration! :-)
Had a lovely weekend, just came back from daddy-in-laws celebration in central park with a picnic...my daddy is in the UK :-(, but I am going over there in two weeks to visit. Should be lovely!
Feel GOOD XXX

--------------------

Cara new
      #187374 - 06/20/05 01:07 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I agree with Dalia...a tub of crackers by the bed sounds like a plan. Also, try to make sure you get plenty of hydrating fluids (that include sugars, salts, etc) during the evening (that should help with the headaches). Have you tried going for just liquids during the evening? Maybe your tum could cope with a little bit of broth or smoothie?

Re: Hey Dalia :) new
      #187391 - 06/20/05 05:44 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Oh, honey, you are SUCH a good sport for all of this. I can't believe what you're going through. I totally sympathize with you. I really hope you feel better soon. I'm so sorry you're having souch a rough time. This has got to stop soon!!!!!

Funny story - early in my first pregnancy I was POSITIVE I was having a boy and I was going to name him Liam. Guess what? I did. Never know. Your instincts may be right! Mine were! I even knew my second pregnancy was a girl. Not because I thought it was a girl, but because I didn't think it was a boy. I didn't have any strong feelings that it was a boy so I thought it was a girl. Funny. My Mom knew I was a girl, too. We'll see! You'll have to tell us once you know!!! I can't wait!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Thanks Alicia! new
      #187392 - 06/20/05 06:08 AM
Cara4503

I am trying to be a good sport, I mean it's for a wonderful cause, right? And I know that many people have it worse than me. My next door neighbor was on bedrest at this time!

It is so neat how you can 'know' what you're having. I feel kind of like you - that it's not a boy, so it must be a girl....but it's weird because everyone else in the world thinks it's a boy (not that their instict is better than mine or anything ). Justin really thinks it's a boy....so maybe in my head I'm just going against what everyone is saying? I just go back and forth confusing myself!
I would just be surprised if it was a boy....but so excited!

--------------------
~Cara~

Dalia and Linz... new
      #187393 - 06/20/05 06:12 AM
Cara4503

I might try the cracker idea - I have thought of that, but I just have not felt like crackers at all this pregnancy. Everyone keeps telling me to eat saltines, but the thought of that is gross for some reason. Maybe I'll try graham crackers or something...

As fas as drinking at night - I really try to limit it because I'm already getting up about 7 times a night to pee! So after 7:30 I barely drink anything.

Last night I ate a peice of toast at 7:00, and didn't throw up!!! I was very nausous though and at the toilet waiting...but maybe that's a good sign.

Thanks for your help!

--------------------
~Cara~

YAY!! new
      #187394 - 06/20/05 06:17 AM
daliatree

sooo glad you kept the toast down! Maybe this is finally ebbing away and then you can completely enjoy your pregnancy! woooooo hoooooo :-) long may it continue!

--------------------

Re: YAY!! new
      #187401 - 06/20/05 07:48 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Try the cinnamon low fat graham crackers! The are like eating cinnamon toast! I LIVED on those when I was pregnant!

I can't wait to find out what you are having! How exciting! I can't believe you are this far along already!! I hope the puking goes away soon! Hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Cara honey... new
      #187403 - 06/20/05 07:54 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

you really should call your doctors office and at least tell them what's going on. It's probably just what you think, but it's better to be safe than sorry, I think anyway. If you can, try to take it easy as much as possible today. Put your feet up and relax. It sounds to me that your body is trying to tell you that you need to take it easy (our bodies have a funny way of knowing these things).

In my opinion, you should listen to your body when it comes to eating too... if it wants something at 2 in the morning instead of 5:30 at night when you're used to having dinner, than keep some food by your bed, and nibble on it and go back to sleep... I usually had graham crackers there for me. Also, I would stay in bed in the morning and eat a few graham crackers when I woke up, and wait a little while until I felt better, and then get up and eat breakfast.

Hang in there sweetie! I feel for ya! Lots of hugs to you!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

oh no.. is it so bad that you aren't gonna have anymore kids?!? -nt- new
      #187407 - 06/20/05 08:12 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Re: oh no.. is it so bad that you aren't gonna have anymore kids?!? -nt- new
      #187422 - 06/20/05 09:17 AM
Cara4503

I can't say that yet....if this goes away soon then I'm sure I'll have more kids! And from what I've heard..you forget all about this sick part when the baby comes. I know it'll all be worth it in the end, and I love kids so much - I originally wanted 5 or so!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Cara honey... new
      #187423 - 06/20/05 09:20 AM
Cara4503

Thanks Rachel....I tried calling my doc this morning, they put me on hold for 13 minutes before I hung up. Then I tried calling back and their lines were BUSY for 20 minutes!!!!!! That is ridiculous...what if it had been an emergency???

SO - I DID IT! I switched doctors I see a new nurse practitioner on Monday. I can't wait. I just didn't like that doctor or his staff. Hopefully I will be much more comfortable with this new guy.

I will try the graham crackers by my bed tonight!! Thanks for caring

--------------------
~Cara~

#187424 - 06/20/05 09:22 AM
Cara4503

I'm going to the store to get those graham crackers right now! And some prune juice - LOL. Is it nasty?? I've never tried it....but I'm dying here.

I can't wait to find out either. I'm going to go nuts these next few weeks!!!

When can you start testing now?!?!

--------------------
~Cara~

#187426 - 06/20/05 09:29 AM
RachelT

I'm so glad you found someone else to go to!!!! Did you talk to anyone there about your current problems though?? Maybe the nurse could at least give you some general advice! I hope you start feeling better soon!!

Btw... Maybe it's just my body, but I've noticed that during those times when there's a BIG change in hormones, I've been more C than most other times during my pregnancy. It's usually lasted about a week for me, and then it gets better. Increasing my fruit intake has really helped me out with it.

I hope you feel better soon!! Please keep us updated on how it goes!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

me too... new
      #187430 - 06/20/05 09:40 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I've always wanted five kids..

haha we're nuts. I dunno if it will actually ever happen, but it was always what I wanted.

--------------------

#187435 - 06/20/05 09:55 AM
michele

Can't do prune juice, too yucky to get down for me! Give it a try though, I've heard it works! also, try eating a couple of oranges! For some reason, oranges give me D a lot of the time! Better to get it out!

I have taken three tests and all negative. I did a blood test this am and they will call me in a few hours but I'm not holding my breath. Thats why I haven't been around here too much, too depressed. I have never cried so much in my life before! These hormones I'm on are awful. I'm going to talk to the Re next week about other alternatives. I can't take much more of this. My eyes are permanetly red and swellon!

--------------------

#187444 - 06/20/05 10:52 AM
michele

Well, I just talked to the nurse at the RE's office and its offical, not pregnant but the nurse asked the dr about the newer drug femera and she said she didn't have a problem with me trying it. It works in the same way as clomid but isn't supposed to have the "mental" side effects that clomid does. We are also going to do iui next month as long as my insurance covers it which I think they will. I'll check with them for sure tomorrow. I have an appt with the Re on Thursday, as long as I've started my period by then and will get all the details then.

--------------------

my friend... new
      #187462 - 06/20/05 11:51 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

was sick constantly throughout her pregnancy, I have never seen anyone so ill, all the time, it was morning noon and night sickness. She lost 8lbs in her first three months of pregnancy! But she has a fabulous healthy baby boy now and there is no way that anything will stop her giving him a brother or sister.

Supermommies get through all this for the sake of the babies in their tummies.

Hope you feel better soon Cara!

--------------------
S.

Oh sweetheart! new
      #187466 - 06/20/05 12:09 PM
RachelT

I'm so sorry! I know there's nothing I can do for you, but I want you to know that I'm here! Big hugs!! Hopefully this next time, with the new medication, it will be easier on you.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Alicia new
      #187469 - 06/20/05 12:15 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I was just sure both of my babies were girls--- and I had 2 boys! Ha!

When my second one was born and the doctor said, "It's a boy!," I said, "HUH?" I grew up in a family of all girls, so I guess I never imagined myself with boys. Now I can't imagine having girls.

Re: Ha! Just goes to show! -nt- new
      #187471 - 06/20/05 12:17 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

--------------------

#187472 - 06/20/05 12:19 PM
BL

You poor thing! I can't believe you are still throwing up! My sister did this with her first pregnancy, and yes, she forgot all about her bad experience and had another baby later!!!

Are you gaining weight? You've got to keep something down! I'm glad that you have changed doctors. I don't think the other one was the right one for you. Maybe this new doctor (or nurse) will be able to help you.

MICHELE new
      #187474 - 06/20/05 12:20 PM
Cara4503

I cannot take this anymore! THIS is why I don't want to complain about being sick - because of wonderful woman like YOU who is having so many problems right now TTC!!!

I just wish I was closer to support you, at least to listen to you and try to help you through this. I know there's nothing that can be said to make you feel better, but you need people close by to just help you and listen. Are there any support groups you can try?? Have you looked anymore into churches? When you feel you have no one to turn to, God is listening...I don't mean to push any beliefs on you, but it just can really help to pray. Just ask Him for help!! He is always there when you think no one else is.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm really glad on the other hand that there IS an alternitive drug that might help next month.

<<<BIG HUGS>>> I hope you're ok. I want to call you right now but Justin has my phone today! Hopefully I will talk to you soon. Take care ok???

--------------------
~Cara~

Hi BL! new
      #187476 - 06/20/05 12:22 PM
Cara4503

Yeah I'm gaining weight - don't seem to have that problem!! Haha. I gained 6 pounds the first trimester...probably another 2 or 3 since that last appointment actually. I eat so much during the day...it's just the night that I can't take anything. Plus I'm SOO constipated it's crazy! I'm NEVER C, so it's very uncomfortable.

I'm really hoping this new doctor will help. I've heard really good things about him!

Thanks!

--------------------
~Cara~

#187478 - 06/20/05 12:26 PM
Cara4503

I didn't talk to them about my current problems yet...I will on Monday in person, unless it gets worse before then!

I'm really glad I switched, I feel so much better today after doing that. I just got home from signing the records release form. They asked which doctor I had a problem with and I told them his name and parts of what he said. So I feel better!!

I have tried everything for the C....heck, I just drank prune juice, and it was DISGUSTING! Talk about making me want to puke. I had to plug my nose and chug water after each gulp. Nothing yet....just pain.

How are you feeling?? Better now?? Are you finding out boy or girl??? Did you already?!?!?! I'll be very jealous!!!!!!!!

--------------------
~Cara~

Thanks Sinead! new
      #187479 - 06/20/05 12:29 PM
Cara4503

I'm sure I'll feel the same way after the baby comes! I just pray it's a healthy baby.

I hope I feel better soon too! We have tickets to a Kenny Chesney concert next Thursday night and I'm so worried I won't be able to go! Those were NOT CHEAP tickets. :P

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Oh sweetheart! new
      #187485 - 06/20/05 12:39 PM
michele

Thanks girls. I looked on line for the procedure code for the IUI and my insurance said NO!!! I'll double check with the RE's biller tomorrow but I doubt I'll be able to do the iui next month. I'm sure we will give it a few more months before spending the money on that. I think part of it is that the clomid dries up my cervical mucus (sorry, way too much info, I know!) and we know the sperm need that in order to survive. The Femara isn't supposed to do that so hopefully just switching drugs will help.

Cara, we haven't decided on any churches yet but I'm still thinking about it. Wills dad gave me a book called How to Find God, Living Water. I haven't read it yet as I just got it this weekend but I'm going to. I wished you lived closer too!!! Its ok to voice how sick you are because of the pregnancy because you are HAPPY about it and EXCITED about it! I hope you start to feel better soon and I can't wait to hear what you are having!!

--------------------

Re: Cara, hows it going? nt new
      #187658 - 06/20/05 07:20 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh Cara! So sorry you are having the sickness so bad! I have really no advice since I maily had nightime (after 7pm) sickness that didn't last long
I said the same thing about my second one. He gave me so much trouble. Gestational diabetes, terrible stretching pains and some other stuff and I kept saying this has to be a girl! Only a girl would put up such a fuss in my belly! Turned out to be another boy so my theory was wrong So I can so relate when you said "whatever the sex it it's getting a spankin" kiddingly. I can't wait to find out what the sex is. I hope that it's in position to see it. Sometimes you can't. But with your other medical issues, I'm sure you will have lots of ultrasounds!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Thanks Lisa.... new
      #187685 - 06/21/05 05:47 AM
Cara4503

I hope the baby is situated right too for that sonogram...I would be so upset if I couldn't find out that day!

--------------------
~Cara~

Update and question - StephS???? new
      #187686 - 06/21/05 05:53 AM
Cara4503

Ok so last night was the worst night yet - I took my zofran like I have been....then around 8:30 I starting throwing up...I was in the bathroom for an hour before it stopped. Then I was SO weak and tired...I got ready for bed, got in bed, and couldn't lay down because then it would hurt again.

I sat up and was dry heaving...thought nothing was left in my tummy....went back to the bathroom around 10:30 and was throwing up so hard my face was bright red and I could barely breath! Not much was coming up, but it was such hard core puking that it was miserable.

Steph - I'm just wondering if you ever threw up this hard?? Should I just wait this out and hope it goes away soon??? Do you know if there's anything stronger than the Zofran??

I hate calling my doctor right now because I don't really HAVE one since I switched my records yesterday and haven't met the new guy yet. Plus I think they'll just say, 'oh it's just MS'...which it could be I guess.

This is just insane and I was crying myself to sleep because I can't take much more of this!

Do you think that being so C can make you throw up?? I took milk of mag this morning, so it BETTER work! I have tried everything else, you name it. I am so bloated and just have so much pressure built up besides the baby.

Any suggestions anyone??? I'm sorry to keep bothering you all with my puking!

--------------------
~Cara~

CARA!!!! new
      #187690 - 06/21/05 06:16 AM
BL

I'm very worried about you. You need to call the doctor now---new doctor or not! Call the office and tell them how sick you are and demand that he see you right away. I used to work for a dentist---and I know doctors ALWAYS have time to work emergencies in their schedule.

This cannot be good for the baby. You have got to think about that.

When I was pregnant, I got a horrible stomach virus and the doctor prescribed pheneregan (not sure of spelling) suppositories. That calmed my stomach down immediately ---and knocked me out (it makes you very drowsy.) Maybe they could give you one or 2 of these to stop the vomiting.

If you don't do something, you are going to end up dehydrated (if you're not already.) You've got to be losing potassium and other vital minerals. And this could put the baby in jeapordy.

Call the doctor! This is not normal morning sickness!

Re: CARA!!!! new
      #187693 - 06/21/05 06:41 AM
daliatree

Cara, I agree with BL. I am so sorry you are suffering like this. I only know of one woman who had MS that had it like you, you might have the severe kind and you have every right to call the Dr, even just for reassurance. I think the C could definetly be adding to the stress. If I were you I would get some suppositories and make them make me poo it all out. You need to get the poo out. But more then that, call the Dr NOW...you deserve it and are owed it. Good luck. You can always email me if you need to vent dalia_yael@hotmail.com

--------------------

BL.... new
      #187704 - 06/21/05 07:15 AM
Cara4503

Thank you!
I am a little nervous about it, but then during the day I am ok! It is really weird...I can feel fine all day, eat a lot, drink a ton, etc...and then come about 7:00 at night is when it sets in. I am gaining plenty of weight and I don't feel dehydrated because I am drinking a lot during the day.....but then again who knows what I'm losing when I throw up.

I just called my new doctor....I had to leave a message with the nurses, so we'll see when one calls me back. I hate that!!! I just wish doctors and nurses could get back to you faster, it always has to be so complicated.

Anyways, I probably would not have called if not for you and Dalia, so thank you...and I'll let you know what they say!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: I agree with Dalia and BL, new
      #187736 - 06/21/05 08:29 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Your MS is too severe. You need to see a Doc ASAP. There has GOT to be something that they can give you to stop the vomiting. Isn't there an anti-vomiting med that they can give you? I mean this is desperate times, here! This is way too excessive.

Seriously, INSIST that you see at doc TODAY. Even if it's not your regular Doc. This cannot continue.

I hope that you can teast your child about this at their wedding! And when they give you grandchildren! You deserve the barf award for this one! (sorry, my desperate attempt at humour in a very terrible time for you! please don't be offended!)

I'm sending you huge, barf free hugs.

--------------------

Re: Please ask for suppositories new
      #187740 - 06/21/05 08:34 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I know it sounds disgusting, but if you can't keep down your medication it isn't helping you. I am so sorry that you are soooo sick. I know it is a horrible experience. Please keep us updated.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Re: I agree with Dalia and BL, new
      #187755 - 06/21/05 08:57 AM
michele

I hope you are feeling better sweetie! Call me whenever you need to!!! Big, big hugs!!

--------------------

#187759 - 06/21/05 09:06 AM
Cara4503

I have definately thought of this...and I will. Although right now I don't think I'm throwing up the Zofran. You have to take it every 6 hours...and I take it between 3 and 4:00, and I'm throwing up around 8:00...so it's either not working for the full 6 hours, or it's just not working for me.

--------------------
~Cara~

#187765 - 06/21/05 09:08 AM
daliatree

Cara...please go to the Dr TODAY...you should not have to suffer like this. PLEASE do it...I know its a bit awkward right now since you are changing Drs, but you are entitled to care and so is your baby!

--------------------

The nurse just called me... new
      #187766 - 06/21/05 09:09 AM
Cara4503

And basically said nothing...she said that hopefully it will stop soon, and she's sure it's just MS, and that some people have it more severe. She said that the C isn't causing it...I don't know if I believe that or not.

She said to keep giving the Zofran a few more days, and if this doesn't ease up by Monday when I have my next appt, they'll give me a different, stronger prescription.

So basically I'm at the same starting place, and planning on being miserable for at least another week.

Say some prayers that this is just MS and it goes away very soon. Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

--------------------
~Cara~

BTW Alicia.... new
      #187771 - 06/21/05 09:12 AM
Cara4503

I'm never offended by jokes like that! I'm very sarcastic and I was thinking the same thing myself!

I've spent much more time with my head in the toilet than my butt. LOL.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: The nurse just called me... new
      #187784 - 06/21/05 09:38 AM
daliatree

Wow I am sorry she wasn't more supportive and helpful...is there anyone else you can ask?
Medicine is very unclear about how C can effect the whole body - some Drs think its fine to walk around with weeks of poo in your bum - having suffered for years with terrible C I KNOW it has waaaay more effects then double blind studies etc, give credit for. I would get myself some anal suppositories Cara (as long as they are safe for pregnancy..they must be?) and whip out the poo. It will be such a relief for your system.
Sending hugs XXX

--------------------

Cara!!!! new
      #187785 - 06/21/05 09:43 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hey girl...I'm so sorry your this sick! I know how you feel. YES I did throw up that much and that hard! It's normal.....as far as MS goes!!! It does not seem like it would be normal, but some women....like us get it really bad! I remember throwing up so hard that I felt like my eyeballs were going to pop!! My Aunt actually broke blood vesels in her eyes throwing up so hard.

I have felt as though I would pass out to from throwing up so hard. Just make sure your drinking a lot all day and then try to at night when your throwing up. I know thats the last thing you want to do is drink when your sick, but it will help....I didn't throw up as hard when I had fluids in me.

You could as for them to give you phenergan as well as the zofran. That will help.

How many wks are you now?? I know by 18-20 wks the vomiting was still there, but not as bad!

As for the C it totally comes with being PG. IT sucks....but not much you can do about it!!! Hang in there!

HUGS!!!!

--------------------

Cara new
      #187806 - 06/21/05 10:17 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

So sorry to hear that you are feeling so rotton. I can't offer much help because I really only had MS for about 4 weeks with my son. Just keep remembering that the result will be wonderful. It's so hard to do that though when you feel like crap. Hang in there sweetie!

Re: The nurse just called me... new
      #187823 - 06/21/05 10:55 AM
michele

I'm so sorry, I was hoping they would do something for you NOW!!! Try to take it REALLY easy during the day to see if it helps with the ms at night. Have Justin pick up some oranges and glycerin suppositories!! Feel better sweetie! Hugs and kisses!

--------------------

Bump for Cara....I don't know if you saw this...it may have been lost!!! NT new
      #189136 - 06/25/05 03:41 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

--------------------

Thank you Steph! new
      #189139 - 06/25/05 04:04 PM
Cara4503

I didn't see that post! And I'm really glad I just did because I'm going to ask about the phenergan on Monday. Is it just another pill or something? Did you take it? My nurse said there was nothing else she could give me, so I'll be happy to suggest something for her now!

I know this is awful, but it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one that pukes that hard!

How are YOU doing??? You're about to pop aren't you?? I've been thinking about that! I'm so excited for you.

My next door neighbor just went to the hospital to be induced! I'm so jealous that I'm not there yet! I'm just SO excited to have a baby.

Good luck to you Steph, I'm sure you're busy and don't have much time to get online that much now! Thanks for your post, I'm so sorry I missed it! Thanks for bumping it.

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2321 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7000

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review