All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes....
      #187038 - 06/17/05 05:10 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

are engaged! Ok, sometimes I can be a bit of a celebrity idiot...for some reason I have been following this relationship...can you believe it??? :-)

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.... new
      #187040 - 06/17/05 05:23 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Are they really? That is one relationship that seriously disturbs me. For some reason I just think of kissing my father and get all weirded out (just three more years and he would be the same age as my father!!).

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

This couple drives me crazy! new
      #187042 - 06/17/05 05:32 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I wish they'd both just go away. I'm so tired of seeing them everywhere. Just my little vent.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

*shudder* new
      #187059 - 06/17/05 07:14 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Okay, seriously, he is weird now.
I have seen him in 2 interviews (I didn't see the crazy Oprah interview) and he is acting really bizarre. Ranting and raving about Brooke Shields taking anti-depressants?? What business of his is that?? I guess he thinks that his fame makes him think he is an expert in ALL things.

And yeah, him and Katie Holmes, very strange. I won't be surprised when I read the breaking up headlines, that's for sure.

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#187065 - 06/17/05 07:50 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

She used to be one of my favorite actresses and now I can't *STAND* her. This whole thing is so gross.

#187070 - 06/17/05 08:18 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I agree with Jenny..

I used to love her.. but she's gone downhill fast.

She seriously got out of a SIX YEAR ENGAGED relationship only minutes before falling head over heels in love with tom cruise.

I think he's more rebound lust than anything.
or living up to her dream consdiering she once told a magazine her dream was to marry tom cruise.

maybe she's too caught up in fulfilling her dream to really see if its true love?!?

--------------------

#187087 - 06/17/05 09:36 PM
chinagrl

I have to say I'm one of the people that's skeptical of the relationship. Granted, I'm not in it, and I don't know them-but I don't think they're really in love. They're acting too weird and stagy and too fast about it. It seems like it's all for the press.

I USED to love Tom Cruise too but as for marrying him..... new
      #187104 - 06/18/05 03:09 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

blech! This relationship is MAJORLY bizarre and yes he is acting like a total fool in almost all his interviews these days (as Steph said). I much preferred him with Nicole!

--------------------
Amy

#187110 - 06/18/05 05:22 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Yea its definately a bit weird...only 8 weeks ago they never even knew each other...okay theres such things as whirlwind romances but yea this one does seem a little strange. I hope for both of them that this is the real deal and that theyre very happy together but knowing hollywood dont think thats very likely. Oh and I was a big Katie Holmes fan too...got nothing against the girl but she is acting a little OTT!

--------------------
Natalie

#187111 - 06/18/05 05:39 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

I agree with everyone else. It is just too weird. In most of the pictures I see of them he is smiling very big and looking goofy and she looks like she is a bit standoffish. It almost looks to me like he is head over heals and she isn't sure about it.

His relationships never last and I don't think this one will be any different.

--------------------
Janey

#187142 - 06/18/05 11:00 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Ok I used to be a huge Tom Cruise fan but now I can barely stomach him. He really annoyed me after dumping Nicole Kidman now what is he doing with Katie Holmes. She is not pretty and she was in diapers for pete's sake when he made his first movie. I think it is all a bit creepy. I guess I'll have to remember the Tom Cruise from Top Gun and Cocktail because this one is a little freaky now!

#187155 - 06/18/05 11:45 AM
chinagrl

Well, I still think Katie Holmes is gorgeous, even if I don't like her anymore.

#187156 - 06/18/05 12:03 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

I actually think its cute, sure, most celeb relationships don't last very long however it is nice to see someone so head over heels for another person. Plus, we are only getting what the media is showing, and I am always skeptical of them since they tend to blow things out of proportion, and are only out for a "story". Just my thoughts.

Me too.... new
      #187165 - 06/18/05 02:02 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I saw his antics on Oprah and it was so ridiculous...I love my husband more than anything but I don't go jumping on furniture looking like a leprechaun!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#187173 - 06/18/05 03:24 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

From Nicole to Penelope was fine. From Penelope to Katie She's like half his age and I don't think she's all that pretty either. It's like she's brainwashed by him. It is weird...however, I do like Tom. We have this special bond eh em...we share the same birthday's
I think this is like some kind of mid life crisis for him or something. Give him time and he'll be all back to normal I'm sure

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#187409 - 06/20/05 08:17 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Totally weird....they started dating in like April right? That's a bit fast in my opinion. I also read that she's converting to the Church of Scientology for him....

It's a bit hard to believe.....

As far as her being pretty....I think she's not bad but I saw a picture of her with Tom in a magazine and she had cold sores all over her mouth that were covered up with makeup....they were HUGE and really nasty looking. Poor girl!!

#187465 - 06/20/05 11:52 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

its just odd...some gossip site I read said that he has ADD and is off his meds. And as for her....her coy look annoys me, and i think she looks a lot younger than 26 I think.

--------------------
S.

#187468 - 06/20/05 12:14 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Tom Cruise has Dyslexia, I know that for sure. He can't read his scripts. He has to have it colour coded so he can read it. I just looked it up. He does have ADHD too.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#187482 - 06/20/05 12:33 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I won't say much about their relationship because you never know....but I mean it's Hollywood, the chances of a marriage lasting are zilch. It's not even taken seriously anymore....sad.
But I do think she's gorgeous...and I like her because she's tall like me! (Although what she's doing with a short guy is so hard to understand....I think he's kind of a freak after that Oprah show)

--------------------
~Cara~

#187489 - 06/20/05 12:56 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Why is being with a short guy difficult to understand? I am about 5'6"... What's the big deal? I'm not offended but I mean if someone is confident in themselves what does height matter?

--------------------

#187493 - 06/20/05 01:09 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I think Cara was just speaking as a "tall girl," and they are always hunting for guys "tall enough" to date, so they don't look too big by comparison. Just a personal preference, nothing against shorter guys. And since Katie Holmes is tall, it's kind of unusual. That being said, I once dated a guy who was 5'2", and my current bf is about 5'8" I think. I'm 5'4", so just about anything works for me.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Tommy new
      #187498 - 06/20/05 01:14 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

There is nothing wrong with tall girls and shorter guys. I think seeing a taller man and a shorter woman is something that the media portrays as the right image for a couple. This is the same as women feeling they must fit a mold of being thin and in perfect shape. As long as everyone involved in the relationship is happy it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

--------------------
Janey

#187499 - 06/20/05 01:16 PM
TommyNY

It's no big deal. I was more curious than anything. I would think if Katie Holmes is truly in love then it wouldn't matter how tall Tom is. Just curious. Personal preference is personal preference.

--------------------

Re: Tommy new
      #187500 - 06/20/05 01:18 PM
TommyNY

Thanks Janey. I'm not offended at all. I am very independent minded and I don't subscribe to what teh media thinks is right or wrong. I was curious more than anything else. It takes A LOT more than that to offend me...

--------------------

Sorry Tommy! new
      #187502 - 06/20/05 01:24 PM
Cara4503

No need to get all defensive! I really didn't mean to offend or hurt feelings. I have just been tall my whole life, and I was ALWAYS taller than boys, and got made fun of for it a LOT growing up!
It's definately a personal preference, I just would hate dating a guy shorter than me - makes me feel umcomfortable. I think about 80% (at least) of woman would agree with that. They might not SAY it out loud, but they are thinking it.

I have NOTHING against short guys (besides dating them! ), I was just saying that from a very tall girl's perspective!

--------------------
~Cara~

Ergonomics.... new
      #187512 - 06/20/05 01:38 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I don't know if I spelled that properly. I am 5'8" tall and my husband is 5'10". When I am in heels it makes it slightly uncomfy for him to put his arm around my shoulders.

I would have married him had he been 5'2' or 6'10"...6'1" or so is the perfect height for me but I would rather have my hunny at 5'10" that a tall guy who isn't the man my honey is any day!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Sorry Tommy! new
      #187525 - 06/20/05 01:56 PM
chinagrl

Eh, I think it depends upon the guy. I mean, in general I would say it prefer that a guy be taller than me, but in real life I've had crushes on several guys who were very short. So I think the person matters more than the height.

#187531 - 06/20/05 02:22 PM
Cara4503

Sure I've had crushes on shorter guys too! lol. I mean, Tom Cruise isn't exactly ugly. But how many did you actually date???? Of course the person matters more, I'm not stuck up like that or anything...I'm just saying that if you prefer the man to be taller, you probably won't get too close to any guy that is shorter to begin with. I'm not talking an inch or so....but Katie Holmes is 4-5 inches taller than him. I would just be very uncomfortable! She obviously is not, and that's wonderful for her!

--------------------
~Cara~

#187535 - 06/20/05 02:46 PM
chinagrl

Well, you can't go by my dating record, as I only really dated one other person before I met my husband. But, I will just have to respectfully disagree. I do think I would have dated someone shorter.

#187542 - 06/20/05 03:17 PM
TommyNY

I don't think I was being defensive at all & I was not offended. I was just asking a question is all. So, no need to apoligize at all.

--------------------

Tommy.. new
      #187560 - 06/20/05 03:55 PM
cailin

you causin' trouble again?

--------------------
S.

Tina, you have one sorted guy! new
      #187564 - 06/20/05 04:00 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Tommy, you're so cool...I love un-stressy people!

And as a SHORT girlie, tall guys can also be a problem. I used to date alot of tall guys and I was always getting a crick in my neck from kissing them! Plus I looked like a midget next to them. Simon's the perfect height for me.

I agree Linz new
      #187566 - 06/20/05 04:04 PM
cailin

tall guys= sore neck

P is three or four inches taller than me, tops, and I just have to barely go on tiptoes to kiss him, which is perfect.

Its my family that makes me look tiny, Dad is 6ft4, brothers both 6ft and sisters have two or three inches on me. I AM taller than my small brother but he's only 11, and my Mum is smaller too. And I am not a midget, I'm 5'5 !

--------------------
S.

#187579 - 06/20/05 04:17 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Hallelujah! I have been picked on my whole life for being tall. I am 6'0 tall and have been that height since I started high school. I think now a days guys are getting used to taller women though because I think there is more of them. I have dated a guy that was 5'9 and it wasnt too tough for me, but he would make comments about me wearing heels and I did not like that at all! I wear what I want(needless to say that didnt last)! Right now my bf of 4 years is 6'4 and I love it we look very well proportioned! Tall guys are sexy, and short guys can be too ONLY if they are confident about dating taller women thats my opinion.

Re: Tommy.. new
      #187583 - 06/20/05 04:29 PM
TommyNY

Naturally Sinead... Stirring the pot yet again. Honestly, I do't mind people having preferences. We ALL do! I was just curious. Please I am not offended in the least everyone. I have my girl already so it doesn't matter

--------------------

#187585 - 06/20/05 04:31 PM
cailin

(i didn't think you were,I thought you made a good point, I was trying to be controversial!)

good to see you, hope all is well with you.

--------------------
S.

#187587 - 06/20/05 04:35 PM
TommyNY

All is pretty good for me, thanks. I like being controversial every now and then. I can't wait to see Nelly's response because she is a tall gal...

--------------------

Re: Tina, you have one sorted guy! new
      #187589 - 06/20/05 04:37 PM
TommyNY

Thanks Linz. I do stress about things (just ask Tina)but they are not little things, just really important adult stuff!

--------------------

Re: I agree Linz new
      #187592 - 06/20/05 04:40 PM
TommyNY

Hey, are you sure you're 5'5'' and not taller? You were taller than me when I met you. Hmm, maybe I am shorter or you were wearing heels... Doesn't matter, we all know my best identifiable feature are my cheeks...

--------------------

#187593 - 06/20/05 04:48 PM
Cara4503

I love you already! I love tall girls, because they know what I went through growing up!! It took me a long time to get 'used to' my height. Heck I still hate it sometimes...but then again it's awesome at times too! (Like when you're shopping and it says, 'Ask for assistance on top shelf) My hubby is 6'1" (with shoes, but he won't admit to that)...and I'm practically 6'0...so we're very close. I'm always attracted to tall guys - he's actually one of the shortest ones I ever dated! I'm hoping if we have a daughter she won't be any taller than me!

It's just hard to find short guys sexy when you tower over them!

--------------------
~Cara~

#187659 - 06/20/05 07:25 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Tommy you are just fine the way you are My wonderful hubby is only about 5feet 6 inches too AND he's pretty much bald since we got married and I love him for who he is not what he looks like or how tall he is. Of course I'm only 5 feet tall, but that's always been an issue with me. Tall guys never wanted to date me either. Can't win either way!

Just remember, you are an Aries. They are the best!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Tommy new
      #187677 - 06/21/05 03:28 AM
cailin

That's what I quote, I think I was wearing my high boots when I met you. I am not small but average I suppose. When I was a teenager I was the second smallest in my whole year in school, I just feel small cos all my family are so tall!

And your cheeks are sooo pinchable (I should still be apologising for the number of times I pinched them )

--------------------
S.

Funny how this thread turned out... new
      #187712 - 06/21/05 07:36 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

It is personal preference. I am short and don't like tall guys. They make me feel way too short. Tommy is a great height for me!

I think Katie and Tom are really in love, by the way. They're so cute.

Re: Funny how this thread turned out... new
      #187714 - 06/21/05 07:41 AM
TommyNY

I still think it's for publicity... Lover's quarrel on the boards...

--------------------

(ahem) new
      #187789 - 06/21/05 09:51 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Nelly would just like to say that she's tall (5'11") and it's a bummer we're all not perfectly porportioned for each other. Oh yeah, she likes tall men too.

~nelly~ Course, we're all pretty much the same when we're lying down.

ha ha, Tommy.... new
      #187825 - 06/21/05 10:56 AM
Sara-Sage

We will soon find out if the wedding even happens. If it's fake it won't happen.

Really Tina? new
      #187831 - 06/21/05 11:20 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

You don't like tall guys?? I'm only 5'1 and have always been attracted to really tall men. My DH is 6'1.

PS - I'm so happy for you and Tommy... you make such a cute couple!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: (ahem) new
      #187836 - 06/21/05 11:38 AM
TommyNY

See, it truly is all about personal preference. Anyway, I hear Tom Cruise wears lifts in his shoes because he's insecure about his height.

It is just funny, I never really cared about my height. I was always the shortest guy amongst my friends. But, I never backed down from anyone who tried to intimidate me because they were taller...

--------------------

Re: Really Tina? new
      #187838 - 06/21/05 11:41 AM
TommyNY

Yes, she likes one taller guy (by only a couple of inches) who lives in NY City and whose name is Tommy!

Thank you for the kind words about us Rachel!

--------------------

Re: (ahem) new
      #187840 - 06/21/05 11:48 AM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

Thank goodness that preferences can change. My wife is completely different from all of the other girls I've dated. She definitely didn't fit the definition of my "type". Those relationships went nowhere, but I'm so glad that I took the time to know her as a person. We are truly best friends & a perfect match--who knew!

Re: Really Tina? new
      #187841 - 06/21/05 11:49 AM
Sara-Sage

Nope! Not at all. I think it makes me feel like a little kid or something.

But Tommy asked if I would have dated him if he were over 6 feet...hmmm... I'm sure I would have made the exception. ha ha

Hehe! Great answer Tommy!! - nt new
      #187843 - 06/21/05 11:59 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: ha ha, Tommy.... new
      #187898 - 06/21/05 01:36 PM
chinagrl

Why not? The history of Hollywood is full of fake marriages.

Re: ha ha, Tommy.... new
      #187899 - 06/21/05 01:37 PM
Sara-Sage

Yes, look at Micheal Jackson and Lisa Marie. You're right!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 524 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8856

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review