View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
"Hello"
      #185808 - 06/12/05 12:57 AM
HL33

Reged: 06/12/05
Loc: Essex, UK

Hello to All!
New to the board & feeling rather overwhelmed I was diagnosed 11yrs ago with IBS & believed my Doctor when he told me there was nothing I could do well after spending what was supposed to be a relaxing weekend away in our caravan last week I actually spent the best part of it in the toilet I came home Sunday eve & fell into bed in tears I've just had enough! I started on Monday searching through the internet & came up with this site I have in the past bought a couple of books but they really have been no use at all (told me to eat lots of fibre) having skimmed through this site I am feeling a bit overwhelmed having gone from no info to lots!!!! I bought your book yesterday (First Year!) & am gradually getting through it I just wanted to say Hi & "Talk" to people who know what I'm living with
Helen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: "Hello" new
      #185809 - 06/12/05 02:21 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome to the boards Helen!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Hey there! new
      #185815 - 06/12/05 02:43 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Sorry you've had such a hard time! Hopefully now it'll be easier. "IBS: The First Year" is an amazing book...and it's pretty easy to understand and get through. I must have read mine about 10 times now. It should really help. Heather did plenty of research (on herself too!) and it's all explained...this diet works for almost all IBSers. And the good news is, D is actually easier to combat than the other types!

#185821 - 06/12/05 06:09 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Welcome helen....this is an AMAZING site and it has literally changed my life! Im 20 and have had ibs for 5 years since 15, d almost every day for 4 years before I found this! Im sure you'll make lots of friends on here that can be there to support you when you feel like nothing is helping, its a struggle to stabilise but by finding this site you're another step towards being happier and healthier. Good luck and ask as many questions as you like! It can take longer for some than others but believe me it will happen....Im living proof!

--------------------
Natalie

#185935 - 06/13/05 01:13 AM
HL33

Reged: 06/12/05
Loc: Essex, UK

Thankyou all for the warm welcome

Helen

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 931

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review