All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Michele new
      #18618 - 08/26/03 11:57 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

That sounds like a pretty good wearing schedule, but don't push it, if your eyes get irratated take them out for the day! You should only have to put drops in if your have a problem with dry eyes. You may notice that to get worse certain times of the year, such as when you turn your heater on for the first time in the fall, or if you have certain allergies. Being around smoke can be irratating as well. So no, you shouldn't need drops all the time, think of it as lotion for your eyeballs! If your skin feels dry and irratated you put lotion on, if your eyes are dry and irratated you put drops in!!! You will get the hang of the inside out thing, just stick with it. You will be a pro in no time! Be sure you have a fairly decent pair of sunglasses, sometimes contacts can make you more light sensative!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#18620 - 08/26/03 12:36 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Boy, you are more help than the eye place here! I like this oline opticial assistance! Today I could not feel the contact in my right eye, but the left one felt funny. I didn't think I had it in wrong, because the entire thing didn't feel funny, just a tiny portion of it. I went down to the eye doctor and when I removed the left contact and the technician looked at it with her magnifying glass, she could see a defect in it. There was a ripple on one edge! I knew it didn't feel right!
Also, she gave me a weaker strength to try for my left eye (distance) since I told her I was very nauseous on the short drive over there since everything in the distance was very blurry. Now things don't look as clear up close!!!!! This is hard. Is it just a matter of trial and error as to the strength? Does everyone go through this?
Thanks so much for your help!

#18625 - 08/26/03 02:00 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah, unfortunately, it is trail on error with mono vision. As I said there is usually a bit off a trade off, its usually better in distance and not so great close up or the other way around! I would go for the clearer distance, worst case scenario, you get a cheap pair of glasses to put over the contacts for extended periods of reading! You should expect to be able to read menus and receipes and such, but you may have problems to sit down and read a book, thats when you may need some additional glasses! Glad to be of help!!!! Stick with it a little longer, nut do call them if your vision isn't as clear as before!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Thanks for the advice, Michele! --nt-- new
      #18626 - 08/26/03 02:05 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 536 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4331

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review