All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Sheri is single, again...
      #184761 - 06/08/05 01:19 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

... like I should be. (i know, i know, I shouldn't have mixed third and first person in the same sentence )
Things just weren't working out with Roman, even though he is a great guy, and an even more awesome boyfriend. He got way too serious too quickly, I only agreed to be together cause I thought he wanted the same kinda of relationship that I did, a casual carefree one. I also feel like he loves me alot more than I love him, and that is not fair. He deserves someone that will give back to him everything that he gives out. We actually parted on semi good terms. I am alittle upset, but he was causing too much drama regularly about stupid stuff, and it is kind of a relief that it is over. And I have awesome friends that care about me right now and are working through it with me. We weren't even together for three months, and he was already talking 'forever' talk, I just aren't ready for that kind of commit at this stage of my life, with someone I barely know.
I also think that we are at two different maturity levels, and that he just can't 'get me' on a mental level. Not to sound like a jerk, but I think I am alot more complex than he believes, and he passes by some of the good 'quirks'
about me that someone that was really right for me would love and adore. I know it is not in my head, cause my friends notice too. We also have this issue (beware, it gets long, I am in vent mode now)...
I broke up with him two weeks ago, but took him back the next day. The night we broke up he was out drinking ALOT (kinda uncharacteristic of him) cause we got in a stupid little fight on the phone earlier. Then when I stopped anwering my cell phone for his zillion calls he got upset. I finally answered and he yelled at me and I told him I needed to talk the next day when he was sober.. blah blah blah... well, he wanted me to say it then, so after all the badgering, I gave in and broke up with him on the phone ( he wanted me to, I thought it was tacky). Then he showed up at my friend's house DRUNK (yes, after driving there) crying and yelling. Told me he hated me... blah blah... then when I wouldn't let him leave drunk and driving, I was kneeling by his car, he was in the driver seat with the door open, and I stood up cause he screamed to leave, and he slammed the door shut and it hit my arm so hard I was bruised for over a week. I won't get into the rest of the story, there is so much to it, but it so long! And that incident lead to the big breakup last night, cause of something a friend's mom said... it si a really long, complicated story.
My friends roomate tells me that everytime I come over it is like watching the 'OC' in his living room. I wish not! Hopefully I have had my fair share for awhile... got to stay away from guys, that is what gets me in trouble the most

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sheri is single, again... new
      #184769 - 06/08/05 01:25 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Sheri, I am SO SORRY! I hate to say it, but I'm not surprised. I don't know you "in person" but I ould tell from your posts that things weren't great. It def. sounded like he wanted moe from the relationship...but that he BRUISED you is VERy upsetting...the whole thing is very upsetting!

E-mail me the whole story if you like, I wouldn't mind...if you want another frined to vent to...

I'm REALLY sorry! BUT I'm glad you broke it off. GOOD FOR YOU! You are RIGHT that if he doesn't notice your quirks and the intimate details of WHO YOU ARE, to leave. I'm so very proud of you and happy that you know yourself so well!

WAY TO GO SHERI *big hugs*

Love, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#184770 - 06/08/05 01:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Watch out singles clubs... Sheri is on the loose!! j/k

I know your upset about this...but I can also see 100% why you ended it...just from what you said here....#1 stupid move---drinking to make you feel guilty & #2 Drinking & Driving, & #3 Bruising your arm (intentional or not).... enough is enough...and you are smart that way...GOOD FOR YOU!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#184773 - 06/08/05 01:30 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Sorry this didn't work out but he sounds very immature with the drinking and carrying on. I hope you find someone who gets you. But you are young and have plenty of time. Just have fun!

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#184774 - 06/08/05 01:31 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Sheri....good riddance!

You are still so young and beautiful and I believe you ahve lots of quirky things that someone else will apapreciate.

The whole drunk incident is not cool. Goodbye Roman!~

#184783 - 06/08/05 01:38 PM
Sheri01

thanks shell, I know I couldn't have done this without the great people in my life right now.... he just emailed me a long email about wishing that he never met me, he would never let himself love someone like that again, I was "the one"... we are ONLY 21 years old!!! He still has to come over for his stuff tonight, it sounds like he is reverting to the crazy obsessive side of him, I will make sure not to let him in and maybe have a friend over.

--------------------
-Sheri

#184785 - 06/08/05 01:39 PM
Sheri01

thanks tissy, I am sooo not worried about guys right now! I actually hope a good one doesn't come around for awhile, I need a break!

--------------------
-Sheri

#184788 - 06/08/05 01:41 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'm sorry Sheri, that stinks. I'm glad you were able to realize he wasn't right for you before spending more of your life with him. Girls like you shouldn't waste their time with guys who don't worship them. (in a non-creepy/obsessive way)

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#184789 - 06/08/05 01:41 PM
Sheri01

Thanks Tina, things are def better this way, I should have ended it then, I just guess that even though I know I will always wind up finding someone when I am ready, I get alittle scared that if a guy loves me sooooo much, I will never find someone that will love me enough again. I know it is not true and am getting over it. Also, I think this is more of an obsession than a love.

--------------------
-Sheri

#184793 - 06/08/05 01:50 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hey Sheri,

Glad you are doing OK. Sounds like you made the right decision. You are young and you might as well enjoy yourself a while yet!

take care,

S.

--------------------
S.

#184808 - 06/08/05 02:26 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Oh, honey, I'm so sorry. Take heart. My Mom always used to say that you have to kiss a lot of toads before you find your prince. Throw this toad back and keep fishing in the pond. In fact, try another pond. Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Major drama! Poor you! new
      #184812 - 06/08/05 02:43 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Oh you so don't deserve this aggravation, Sheri! Come to Dublin and we'll find you a better guy there.

~nelly~

#184852 - 06/08/05 05:05 PM

Unregistered

Aww Sheri I'm sorry you had to deal with all that! Happy for you for realizing what you want and need, but still sucks for all the emotions you go through. You are a smart smart girl though so good for you!

Hang in there because the right boy will come along when you least expect it and he WILL love you for all your little quirks and that's what he'll like the best.

Big hugs and I hope your bruise is gone! Bet that took some explaining to people. Take care!

Re: Many, many more fish in the sea! new
      #184881 - 06/08/05 06:45 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Sorry things didn't work out with this guy! You are so young yet. You have many years ahead of you and I don't think it will be hard for you to find someone else who will appreciate you. It's getting to be summer and you know the great guys come out in the summer for some "summer romances". Oh how I met SO many at your age at the beach.......just reminicing of my younger years Good luck Sheri! Just keep on your toes with this guy. Sounds like it's not the end yet!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#184983 - 06/09/05 06:26 AM
Sara-Sage

Sheri, I would not worry about that! And yes, that was a bit more than love. It seemed to drive you nuts, so you want a healthier love that gives you your space too.

Thanks Sinead! -nt- new
      #185464 - 06/10/05 10:53 AM
Sheri01

--------------------
-Sheri

#185466 - 06/10/05 10:55 AM
Sheri01

Thanks Alicia... I like your comment about the new pond, cause coincidentally my last three bfs were all from either the town, or towns that border the one I live in. I think I am gonna stay away from the guys in the area for awhile!

--------------------
-Sheri

Ooooh! Irish guys... new
      #185473 - 06/10/05 11:04 AM
Sheri01

Ack! When did I ever become so boy crazy?? I used to be the one that thought they had cooties til I was like thirteen years old.
dublin sounds like fun, BUT I already said there was a good chance I am going to Vegas, and don't want to go back on my word! Well, actually, I probably CAN'T go to VEgas now. I am not about to travel all by myself to VEgas and stay all by myself in a hotel there. That is asking for trouble, I think! And I wouldn't want to be the third wheel to traveling with Melissa and Mike. If they had Vegas arranged so that everyone stayed in the same hotel maybe I could, but I know the reasons why they don't and I understand!
Maybe I will save money up to go on this cruise with some girlfriends that asked me, but not sure I can, cause they want to go in july, when I am doing my summer job that I CANNOT give up for anything!
My guy friend wants me to visit in Germany, but it is alot of money and I don't know if he has the purest intentions , so I am staying away from that situation! #1- no more guys #2- don't like him that way, no attraction! #3- most importantly, is practically best friends with my ex bf Chris. I refuse to get inbetween friends!
I am going to Atlantic City next Friday with my sis (not staying over- don't want to spend the money) to see Modest Mouse. Will be lots of fun!
Now that I examined the situation, maybe I WILL consider going, Nelly! I was pretty much planning on it before I met Roman, anyways.

--------------------
-Sheri

Brittany... new
      #185476 - 06/10/05 11:05 AM
Sheri01

Thanks for the reassurance, I think I will be ok. I also beleive that the right guy will come along someday, part of the reason I had to let this one go!

--------------------
-Sheri

Lisa... new
      #185478 - 06/10/05 11:08 AM
Sheri01

Hopefully I won't meet anymore guys until I am ready! Or I will have to practice self control alittle better

Everything turned out ok finsihing things up with ROman, he acutally emailed me yesterday apologizing and saying he now realizes that he was crazy obsessive and that he knows that now he needs to grow up and get his act together, and that there are no hard feelings and that he will always be there for me if I need him. Atleast I know he doesn't hate me now, but I am content to go our seperate ways for now.

--------------------
-Sheri

Oh, yeah. Irish guys...! new
      #185481 - 06/10/05 11:18 AM
Nelly

I will save exactly ONE Irish guy for you out of my cache. I didn't realize you were going to Vegas! I know travelling alone can be a burden. I'm doing the same thing... my friend who was going to Ireland with me backed out, so I've got a double room to *myself* at the bed and breakfast, the one I think Linz is also staying at. The spare bed is just going to have my suitcase on it, unless anyone wants to bunk up. I guess I can always pile up the cast off Irish guys on the extra bed.

If you do go to Vega$, make sure to represent East Coast while you're out there (flashing gang sign, j/k). Joisey in da house!!

~nelly~

Re: Ooooh! Irish guys... new
      #185485 - 06/10/05 11:24 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hey Sherri,

Sorry to hear about your ex. It's amazing how some guys can turn into people you hardly know in an instant. I've had my share of those. Sounds like you definiately made the right choice about him.

Quote:

Well, actually, I probably CAN'T go to VEgas now. I am not about to travel all by myself to VEgas and stay all by myself in a hotel there. That is asking for trouble, I think! And I wouldn't want to be the third wheel to traveling with Melissa and Mike. If they had Vegas arranged so that everyone stayed in the same hotel maybe I could, but I know the reasons why they don't and I understand!

Don't let traveling alone keep you from Vegas! I actually went to Vegas alone last year and still had a blast. And although my beau is going this year, Kandee is going alone again. I was Kandee's date last year and now I'm trying to find her a date to replace me. LOL Trust me, there were a lot of people that came alone and we all had an awesome time anyways. We do more 'group' activities, than couple activities!

Anyways, I hope I get the chance to meet you at the Sprawl! And being single in Vegas does have its advantages...

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Ooooh! Irish guys... new
      #185487 - 06/10/05 11:30 AM
Nelly

I agree with Jen! You can go alone to Vegas and STILL have a good time. Make a list of things you want to do while you're there!

~nelly~

BRITANY!!! new
      #185525 - 06/10/05 01:19 PM
Sara-Sage

HEY__ What happned with that internet guy you met?????

Yes, I very much enjoy my UK guy! -nt- new
      #185528 - 06/10/05 01:27 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Testimony to UK guys!! new
      #185589 - 06/10/05 03:29 PM
Nelly

Everybody should have 2 or 3.

~nelly~ (OK, mine's German.... But just because I have to eat at home, doesn't mean I can't get hungry when I go out...)

Yes! We want to know!! -nt- new
      #185590 - 06/10/05 03:31 PM
Nelly

I was hoping no one would mention that... new
      #185733 - 06/11/05 03:44 PM

Unregistered

I figured someone would bring it up sooner or later though. Well I guess this is what I get for being way to happy and excited about something.

So here's the deal. Things were going so well and he seemed so great and was REALLY into me. He'd call me just to say goodnight and I'd text messages from him during the day from work and just all those nice little thoughtful things. Well then 2 weeks ago that just all kind of stops and I knew he was really busy since he'd picked up more shifts at the hospital and was working like 8-8 during a day..but still. Then I'd called him and he didn't call back.

And I'd told myself that this was just going to be a fun thing and if it didn't work out that I wouldn't care because I just kinda could tell that he clearly wasn't going to be the kind of person I should spend the rest of my life with or anything..but we still had a really good time together and that was fine enough. So then when he started getting distant I decided that I'd not contact him again unless he initiated. Well then 2 days later he texts me like everything is cool. Then again nothing and I resume to getting over it, and then he texts me again a few days later. Being the sensitive person I am, I of course can't help but take all of this personally and think that I'm not good enough or who knows what. So then Sunday rolls around and I decided I wanted to know what the deal was...so I tell him that I feel as though he's avoiding me like the plague and I just want to know what the deal is...and he says that he's sorry and that he has just been really busy. That's a bunch of crap if you ask me because he didn't have a hard time in the beginning despite being really busy. So now that was almost a week ago and that was the last I've heard from him.

I just don't understand cause he was so into me and I was really enjoying the whole "someone thinks I'm incredibly beautiful" thing and likes me for me. I don't get it. I decided today though that I'm putting my foot down and that he really owes me an explanation. I mean, did he meet someone else or is he just all of a sudden not interested? What's the DEAL?! I just know that someday the man will come along that will love every bit of me and I guess I'll be twiddling my thumbs waiting for him

So that's my story. I'll let you know if I get any response from the jerk. Now I need to find myself a new date to this wedding I have to go to in August..

Re: I was hoping no one would mention that... new
      #185796 - 06/11/05 09:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I know we already talked about this earlier today.. but WHAT A JERK.

I'd demand an explanation.. just say what I told you to say earlier today on im.

Anyways.. either he has a great excuse or else his loss.

--------------------

#185797 - 06/11/05 09:05 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yeah, the "I'm so busy" thing is just bullcrap. either he's into you, or he's not. You deserve better!

#185806 - 06/11/05 11:28 PM

Unregistered

Well I told him quite firmly that I expected an explanation...so we'll see if that gets me anything. I have a feeling it won't if I haven't heard back from him so far. A-hole.

#185830 - 06/12/05 07:51 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

ewww puke.
what a jerk.

--------------------

Hmmm... new
      #185951 - 06/13/05 06:15 AM
Sheri01

Maybe I will go then? I am waiting til closer to make concrete plans, it seems like my life is soooo day by day changing in completely different directions. Like, I just decided not to move back with parents, and may have found a roomate.
Can't stand the constant major life changes... I guess I am at that age LOL

--------------------
-Sheri

Oh, I'm sorry.... new
      #185953 - 06/13/05 06:19 AM
Sara-Sage

Yes what a jerk but I would still try to find out what's going on. Do you think he's really busy or has changed his mine. If he has, he's CRAZY because you're beautiful, smart and a sweetie.

#185965 - 06/13/05 07:57 AM
Sheri01

yeah, guys can be stupid like that BRittany! he is being awfully immature though, guys used to do that to me in like High School.

--------------------
-Sheri

#187154 - 06/18/05 11:35 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Hey Sheri,

Sounds like breaking up with him was the best thing to do.

Thats what dating is all about, finding things you like and don't like about people. Now you know silly boys who drink and drive and then cause you to bruise your arm are not for you.

Take your time being single. You're a very good looking girl (seriously, that new pic is hot!... don't tell my gf I said that ) so meeting guys will not be a problem for you. So just be honest with yourself and with them with what you are looking for.

Besides, you've got a cool birthday.

Jamie

Jamie!!!! new
      #187354 - 06/19/05 11:05 PM
Sheri01

Hiya!

Girlfriend.... Ooohhhh! That is cool , I am happy for you!

Thanks for the post, you rock!

and yes, all the cool people were born on the 23rd of October

thanks for the compliments

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 213 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3847

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review