All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Some guy had road rage at me
      #184581 - 06/08/05 08:27 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Some guy had road rage at me.... and I don't know why.... he almost made me go head on with a car on the bridge then flipped me off??!!?

I was on my way to work, going 40 (that is the speed limit).... then this guy gets in front of me and slows down to 30. So, I got over to the right, then a fire truck came by....the guy got in front of me and then went back to the left again. I was just driving along listening to the radio, got back up to 40 (I guess I passed him?) and got back over to the left... I prefer the left side on this road because the road is really uneven and the car goes all over the road in the center and far right lanes. Then... as I'm going over the very beginning of the bridge before it turns into one lane each way, he gets into the right lane, almost passes me....then with no blinker.... pushes me into on coming traffic with the front end of his car, I honk.... he gets in front of me, flips me off.... and then gets back over to the right and takes the exit....scarred the crap out of me!! I don't get it... what did I do?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

NOTHING Shell..... new
      #184586 - 06/08/05 08:34 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

This guy must have had something going on in his life nothing to do with you!!!!!! And he took it out on you (the road?)!!!

It makes me angry though! You're such a SWEETIE.....I'm sorry that happened to you! I'm thankful you're ok and not hurt and that there wasn't a wreck!!! *hugs*

I'm really sorry Shell.....

Sending you *huge hugs* and that the rest fo your day should be super fantastic!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Some guy had road rage at me new
      #184587 - 06/08/05 08:36 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Some people are just... well, they are just words that I do not use on this website!! (You know what I mean).
Sounds to me like you didn't do anything wrong, people get all kinds of grumpy on their way to work in the morning and decide it's alright to take it out on other drivers.
What a so-and-so, though, pushing you into traffic!! I woulda tried to get his license plate and called it in!! Well, alright, I probably wouldn't have thought to do that but I would have wished I had afterwards!!

Are you feeling okay now? Stuff like that is such a bad way to start the day!
Just be satisfied that he was probably so grumpy because he has a pathetic little life and was going to his pathetic little job, and YOU are a gorgeous w-o-m-a-n!

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#184604 - 06/08/05 09:04 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Some people just turn into jerks as soon as they get behing the wheel. Glad you're okay though!!

#184706 - 06/08/05 12:17 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Shel, I'm so sorry. It's scary, I know. I've been in those situations before. Take a deep breath. It's all over.
Kristine

#184736 - 06/08/05 12:50 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

You did Nothing wrong Shell! THat had to be soooo scary!
Some people are just crazy like that, I know I was in a relationship with a guy like that before and he had SEVERE road rage... one time with me in the car he tried to run someone off the road and followed them to their house cause the two lanes merged and the other guy got in front of him, he never really cut him off, actually! There is nothing that you can really do in those situations but just try to get out of their way, fighting back is way too dangerous.

Glad you are ok, I don't know if it is worth it, but if you know that make of the car maybe call it in to the police? I know that they will probably do NOTHING esp if you don't have a plate number, though. This is why somedays I am just afraid to be in a car, period!

--------------------
-Sheri

#184749 - 06/08/05 01:10 PM
Shell Marr

Thanks everyone.... I got to thinking... if this guy was ALSO going to work... I just might see him again... I will have pen & paper out just in case... then I can report him. I forgot to mention that his whole front end on the drivers side was all smashed in...so I have a feeling I was not his first "victim" JERK!!

--------------------

I am really sorry to hear this! new
      #184760 - 06/08/05 01:19 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

This is one of my greatest fears because my DH is the kind of man that wants to confront these types of NUTS!! I'm glad you are safe and unharmed! What an awful experience for you!! And all this after that wreck! Maybe you should tele-commute!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

It wasn't you - these people are nutso. Glad you're ok! nt new
      #184765 - 06/08/05 01:21 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: I am really sorry to hear this! new
      #184772 - 06/08/05 01:29 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

This is one of my greatest fears because my DH is the kind of man that wants to confront these types of NUTS!! I'm glad you are safe and unharmed! What an awful experience for you!! And all this after that wreck! I know.... I'm still in the rental from THAT!! Maybe you should tele-commute! I WISH!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 658

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review