Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
can i join in?
      #184419 - 06/07/05 03:59 PM
emma-lee

Reged: 05/20/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone,

I was on this msg board before but then was told I may have something different. So I was tested for Chrons, Colitics, Celiac, and Candida and have non of the above. So now it's back to IBS. I feel so frustrated. Has anyone gone through this? I'm also very worried that I'll never have a baby.

--------------------
Em*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: can i join in? new
      #184432 - 06/07/05 04:43 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome! Another fellow Ontarian! There's lots of us Canadians around here. When you have time, check out the "let's get together" board. We're planning a get together in Toronto Sept 24th. If you can, maybe you can join us! We have no formal plans yet. Most likely dinner to chat, get to know each other.
Anyway, have you had a colonoscopy? It's the only way to get a proper IBS diagnosis. Have you been tested for celiac?
Lots of women with IBS have had babies (and still are! check out the making babies thread). You may even find that your IBS will improve with pregnancy - particularly in the 2nd and 3rd trimester as the baby puts pressure on your system and slows it down. IF worse comes to worse and you don't improve, you've got us and Heather's diet to support you.
So glad you've joined us.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#184439 - 06/07/05 05:20 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Yep! I'm proof! Had two babies and both times I was IBS free for 9 months Best 18months of my life (of course next to having my boys!)

Don't think cause you have IBS you won't get pregnant or will suffer with IBS. A LOT of us have reported that our IBS got better.

I went through a flexible sigmoidoscopy, many xrays of the abd a colonoscopy and lots of stool samples and was given the dx of IBS too. It is frustrating. I just cope with it and hope that when I become menopausal that I get rid of it(I'm only 37 but my IBS is mostly flared up by hormones around that time of the month ). Try following Heather's Diet and I bet you'll be better in no time.

Good luck and join in any time!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Welcome! new
      #184958 - 06/08/05 11:57 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'll leave the baby-stuff to the IBS Moms, but this IS controllable...and having the support of this site is great for when it's all gone caphloey.

#185664 - 06/11/05 07:57 AM
emma-lee

Reged: 05/20/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thank you soooo much for your support and welcoming. I will be there for the Toronto get together for sure! I think it would be lots of fun!

Thanks for the encouragement around making babies. I really want to have some of my own someday and I don't want to compromise their health with mine.

Thanks everyone!

--------------------
Em*

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 451 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 595

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review