All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Whats your story? new
      #183971 - 06/06/05 12:32 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Well Ash, you know my story pretty much as well as I do, but for anyone else who is interested ...

I've known my bf for about 10 years. I was 14 when I met him; he's my older brother's best friend. We were just friends, or even just acquaintances, for more than 6 years. My ex, who was never jealous of anyone ever (he really didn't care too much about me or our relationship) was the first one to point out bf's apparently obvious attraction to me. I was oblivious. When the ex and I were in the middle of a long goodbye, my bf basically swooped in and wooed me. I was VERY resistant at first -- tried breaking up with him 3 times in the first few weeks -- and my brother wasn't thrilled with the whole idea either. But, we couldn't seem to stay away from each other. We had a VERY rough first year, as I was in my senior year of college and he was 4 hours away. I was dealing with exbf drama, and sorority drama, and freaking out about applying to law school, etc. It was ugly. But, we managed to pull through. When I graduated we were finally really exclusive and "officially" together. It was great, until he moved 4 months later. He's been in London now for almost 2 years. When he left, we just said we'd see where things went. We didn't promise forever or anything. Well, things have gone really nicely. Even though I miss him, our relationship works for us. We've visited 7 different countries since he's moved, and that's been great fun. I spent last summer there with him, and it was wonderful. And, I'm so amazingly busy with law school that I can't imagine having to fit him into my daily schedule too. I barely go home, except to sleep and shower. So, for now it's working. Obviously I want him to move home, or I want to move there, somtime soon. But, for now, we're just figuring out what we both want and how we can both be happy. So, we'll see.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#184002 - 06/06/05 01:15 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ashley, you're as sweet as anything, you'll gte a guy! Don't you worry!

Work new
      #184027 - 06/06/05 02:14 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I worked FT at an Office Depot and my hubby was working there PT. We kinda flirted and even went out w/ a buncha people from work to a night club where we kissed. But I had a BF at the time who happened to be at the night club (unbeknownst to me) and saw the kiss and broke up w/ me (rightfully).

But I was upset so I tried to get back w/ the BF and pushed the hubby away. But his best friend ended up dating my sister and so I ran into my hubby at my sister's house one night and we been together ever since! But my sister and hubby's best friend didn't end up working out!

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: thanks ptillen.. maybe i'll try online sometime?! Is it really safe, thats my worry. -nt- new
      #184097 - 06/06/05 06:22 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I think it's safe as long as you're smart about it. Don't give your address to anyone- meet them. Drive there yourself. Maybe meet for lunch or coffee (daytime) the first time around. Have your phone at the ready. Don't give any information you're not completely comfortable with giving, and until you're completely comfortable giving it.
As long as you use some common sense and trust your intuitions, Obi-Wan, (ooh, sorry, just saw Star Wars yesterday)- it's pretty safe.

#184178 - 06/07/05 07:00 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I read your posts and find it hilarious that somebody called you foxy! Do people still say that?!

I can tell from your posts and your profile that you have a great personality and you are beautiful so I know it will happen for you. I only wish you lived closer b/c I know a ton of single guys but I can never find quality women to set them up with.
I met my fiancee through a friend. It was during a time when I was loving being single and I wasn't looking for a serious boyfriend. However, he's my soulmate and 3 1/2 years later we're preparing to get married in 6 weeks! I am 28 and have felt no pressure to get married. We're doing it now b/c it feels right, not because of our age. It will come for you too!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#184193 - 06/07/05 07:56 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Ashley, I can't believe your friends are engaged/getting married! We must marry way later over here, I am just turned 29 and I am at the stage where everyone is getting engaged/married but that's 4/5 years on from you...my solution....move to Dublin!!! (I have two brothers I offered to Brittany before but she turned me down, both are students, one is 26 and doing a Masters in Journalism, the other is 22 and just finished an arts degree and is hoping to start a Law postgrad in September- both eligible and very single!----------------JOKE!)

hang in there hon,

--------------------
S.

This is a neat thread! new
      #184210 - 06/07/05 08:30 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

It was my senior year in college, and I was moving into my dorm. A dorm-mate and her boyfriend were in the den area, and I popped in to say hello. I attended a girls college, and my friend's boyfriend was from the military college up the road, so I said "Hey, if you know anybody I could have a good time with this year, let me know. Nothing serious, I just want to have a good time!" Well, that quareter he had a new room-mate, and my friend said, "We ought to introduce them - they even look alike!"

Well, a couple of weeks went by, and I forgot all about that little conversation when my freind came running up the stairs and said "Hey! I saw that Tony's roommate, remember the one I told you about? I gave him your number is that ok?" A little too late to do anything about that wasn't it? I never dreamed he would call, but when he did...we talked for hours! We talked every day for a week when he asked me out. We met on October 1st (I told my sister the next day I'd met the man I was going to marry!), he proposed on November the 9th, and we married the next September. That was almost 16 years ago now.

I didn't plan to marry at 22, but that's the way it worked out. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Enjoy school! Enjoy life! You will meet the right person when it is time.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

snowy.... new
      #184290 - 06/07/05 10:23 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

yeah.. foxy cracked me up too because I have not heard that word in YEARS!!! I think they were a tad bit drunk (at 3pm?!?!) so maybe that's where foxy came from

--------------------

#184292 - 06/07/05 10:24 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

hahaha.. oh yeah well Britney's still busy with her new man.. ARE YOU BRITNEY?!?! I haven't heard from you in awhile.

Anyways Sinead.. it is weird.. I think marrying happens in spurts in the US and the first spurt is definitly a year or two out of college.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2446 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4331

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review