All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Whats your story? new
      #183507 - 06/04/05 03:32 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I met my boyfriend when I was in Grade 10...it's really corny...I was helping my friend with a video project for her Grade 11 Independent Study Project, it was an updated version of Romeo and Juliet. I was Juliet, he was Romeo. I cringe remembering back to it, because we were just friends at the time and I remember feeling so ackward that I had to kiss him and stuff And my friend went all out, even had the wedding scene in an actual church and got me a wedding gown to wear...so now I have my bf and me getting "married" still on tape, 7 years later! It was sweet though, it makes for a good story all these years later

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#183508 - 06/04/05 03:43 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I can wholeheartedly recommend the personal ads- I went shopping (so to speak) after breaking off a long time but ultimately unsuccessful relationship; I knew at the age of 37 I wasn't gonna meet anyone at work... to old for the bar scene... so I went shopping in the personals in my local newspaper.
Went on several dates, met a lot of really nice men, and finally met my (future) husband. We've been married almost 9 years now.
Try it! It's fun!

#183516 - 06/04/05 04:52 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hey Ashley!

We met through a mutual friend in college.

Don't lose hope, I am convinced that the "friend of a friend" thing works out so often- I have been to eight weddings in the last year and a bit- this is how they met:

Couple no. 1- met in an afterschool activity when teenagers
Couple no. 2- met through another couple, he was a friend of the guy, she of the girl
Couple no 3- he was a friend of her work colleague
Couple no 4- in college together
couple no 5- nightclub
Couple no 6- worked in same company
couple no 7- nightclub
couple no 8- mutual friend (he was in college with her best friend, they met at a party the friend threw)

See- mostly mutual friends etc. Just take up invitations and get to know people and their friends.

Hang in there, you are a pretty girl and a lovely person, you'll meet someone- enjoy your independence while it lasts!

--------------------
S.

#183519 - 06/04/05 05:08 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Ashley, you are so young yet! No need to panic. The right one will come along when you least expect it. It is tough when you work and the rest of your time you are in school. YOu are doing so good for yourself going to grad school. Let the dating and all come after that. I am certain you will have no trouble finding anyone with that cute face of yours

Now, my inspirational story might not inspire you as my hubby and I have been together since 9th grade. We just celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary and we dated 9 years before we married. Yes that's total of 23 years and I'm only 37 I actually started dating him to get over another serious relationship that was no good for me and boy and I glad I found him. He's the best husband/father anyone could ask for. I suggest finding an Aries guy. They are the best in my opinion. What is your sign?????

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#183535 - 06/04/05 07:33 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Hi I am fairly new to this board but I read your post. I am 21 and I know how tough relationships can be. I dated the same guy through high school and he broke my heart and cheared on me right when I graduated. But when I got to college....I met Paul and he is wonderful and we have been together for almost four years! So I went through a rough time but now I am so happy. You will find your knight and shining armor when you least expect it! If you need to talk I am here!:)

#183561 - 06/04/05 08:22 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I went round to a friend's for a small house-warming get-together and Si turned up. We clicked and ended up sitting on the couch with our legs entwined! Then he (by his own admission) ran home! But he got my details, emailed me, I emailed him and we went out on a date. Four motnhs later we were talking about forever.

PS. Ash...this all happened after I'd decided to have some me time and not date anyone for a while! God likes irony.

Re: Aww..my little Ashley...:) new
      #183570 - 06/04/05 10:11 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I know.. I also wish you lived closer! I bet we'd have an awesome time together.

I know about dating the boys in the program too. There are only three.. two aren't my type even remotely and the one I dated. He was really obnoxious though.. and now my problem is that whenever he speaks I can't help but roll my eyes. haha dating classmates you are with 75% of your life probably isn't the best idea ever.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for something in the near future. All this carmen electraing for noone isn't helping either

--------------------

Re: that's funny.... new
      #183571 - 06/04/05 10:12 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks casey!

Thats funny.. I think my mom had alot to do with it too. My mom has been AWESOME, and one of my closest friends my whole life. I think it helps that she had me at 23 and had her third and final kid by 27.

I also always wanted to be a young mom.. but I can't say I could actually picture myself there now.

--------------------

thanks ptillen.. maybe i'll try online sometime?! Is it really safe, thats my worry. -nt- new
      #183572 - 06/04/05 10:13 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

I'm a leo.. new
      #183573 - 06/04/05 10:14 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

but I don't know a whole much about astrology.. and I'm not the typical leo either.

I like to be center of attention sometimes.. but not to excess. there are alot of leo "traits" similar to me.. but also quite a few not similar.. so I don't know if that matters.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1530 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4252

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review