All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Whats your story?
      #183455 - 06/04/05 08:54 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

How did you meet your hubby, boyfriend, girlfriend whatever?!?!

I haven't had a date since feb. (and even that was short lasting) and thats the longest I've gone since I started dating at 15. boo. I've dated a few people, but haven't been in a serious relationship for a year now, and I am more than ready for one. haha

Anyways.. i'm feeling down cause a boy hasn't been even remotely interested in me in a long time.. so tell me some inspirational stories. My problem is that i'm in school, and I work. I really don't have alot of opportunities to meet new people aside from the 16 people in my program (only three of them are boys.. and I already dated one of them haha oops). its quite depressing really.

ideas?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Whats your story? new
      #183457 - 06/04/05 09:42 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

AWWEEE Hang in there honey! The good ones are worth waiting for!

I met rich through friends. The first time i saw him I thought "What a Dork" After a month of being friends we started dating and I knew he was the one! That was 12 years ago! Now he is the most handsome man in the world to me!

Good Luck on your man hunt!!LOL
HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

thanks heather! new
      #183461 - 06/04/05 09:50 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04

its funny.. because alot of my old boyfriends started with me thinking they were the biggest dorks ever. haha

I tend to gravitate towards dorky boys though opposed to the hot ones that know they are hot. They aren't as fun to me.

its just strange cause when you are younger you make all these plans for yourself. (I think its also my upcoming birthday thats bringing this on even more.) I'll be 24 in august, and when I was younger I wanted to be married with kids by 24. I know these things never go as planned...and honestly I really couldn't imagine being married or couldn't even imagine myself as a mom right now.. but its just making me realize how much of what i've wanted to do I haven't done.

Plus.. its GORGEOUS out today and I want someone I can call up and say hey.. lets go drive to portsmouth and get lobster, or go downtown and have margaritas.. and I def don't have that here. Not even with girlfriends. I have the best girlfriends.. unfortunately they all live at least 2 hours away ,and I haven't made any here.

--------------------

ashley new
      #183464 - 06/04/05 09:59 AM
heather7476

Girl if we lived closer I would DEF be up to going out for some drinks! LOL Things will get better!

It is funny I never pictured myself married at 19 when I was a kid. I always thought I would go to collage and be some famous photgraphy by now! HEHEHEHE All I take pics of now are my kid, and animals!! LOL You still have PLENTY of time to find a guy have a family enjoy being young and single!!!!!!!!

I also agree dorky is so much better than the type of guys who is hot and knows it! I hate guys who primp longer than me!!! LOL YIKES AND YUCK!
HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

It's kinda embarrassing... new
      #183474 - 06/04/05 11:13 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I was home for the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of college. My mom had a friend/acquaintance from tennis and newcomers (they moved to the city at the same time). We'd known them since I was eight, once we went over to their house and my parents played bridge while my sisters and I played operation in their family room because their sons wouldn't play with us (eww, girls). Anyway, for some reason that summer my Mom and Eric's mom thought it would be a great idea to set us up on a date. So they both badgered us and whined at us until we relented so we could get it over with and they'd shut up. I didn't remember him at all, and hadn't seen him since that time when I was eight. Anyway, it turns out that we really liked each other, we dated that summer, decided to get married after three months, and three years later did.

So, to make the story short, our moms set us up.

Re: ashley new
      #183475 - 06/04/05 11:14 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I never imagined getting married at 22... it was never a big deal to me and I hadn't planned for it. My friends were all shocked that I was the first one to get married because they never could have predicted it.

Re: ashley new
      #183478 - 06/04/05 11:34 AM
heather7476

My dad acutly told me he would still pay for me to go to collage if I broke up with Rich. Dad had only met him once and didn't want me getting married and having kids while I was younge. I chose Rich and have never regretted it. When it happens it hapens it doen't matter your age! I don't think anyone ever plans it!LOL!
HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

Aww..my little Ashley...:) new
      #183480 - 06/04/05 12:30 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I'm sorry you're down today! You still crack me up, you remind me SO MUCH of myself in college. Be careful dating those guys in your classes - if you break up, you can't get them to do your homework. LOL. I made that mistake many times...

I think I've told you this, but I met Justin at work - he was fulltime, and I was the intern. (He's 3 years older than me) We kept it a complete secret to everyone at work, which was really hard....and then all of a sudden we announced that we were getting married - it was so fun to see everyone's faces. We were all really close at that job!
I actually asked him out, he is really quiet (until you get him alone after practicing with Carmen - HA).

You are such a pretty girl, you'll find a guy in no time. You are just so busy right now! I wish I lived closer, we would have fun I think!

--------------------
~Cara~

that's funny.... new
      #183491 - 06/04/05 01:55 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've been having a lot of those thoughts lately myself. My mom had my brothers and I really young (well, compared to a lot of my friends), and growing up, I thought it was the greatest thing ever to have such a cool mom - she liked my music, she (mostly) liked my clothes, and of course we had some fights, but mostly I bragged about her to my friends.

I decided I wanted to BE that mom, and I figured I'd be done popping out kids by now (30... my mom was done by 26).

Yeah right. I'm not even married. I'll be lucky if I have the first one by 35. I'm cringing just thinking about it, but it's the way life goes sometimes... not according to plan at all.

Adam and I met online in 1997. We got together briefly in 1998, but I really didn't think it would work out, so I kind of blew him off. We lost touch, but I never forgot about him, and in July of 2003, I decided to look him up. A month later I visited him in Maine, and a month after THAT I moved in with him. And here I've been ever since!

Once again, you just never know how life is going to work out!

It'll happen for ya... you're pretty, sweet, and fun, and I can't imagine you staying single forever.

PS - I've never had any use for the ones who know they're hot, either... I prefer the shy, goofy, dorky ones. Definitely more fun.

Re: Whats your story? new
      #183504 - 06/04/05 03:26 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

My sister used to work in a little neighborhood bar. My husband Rich and his friends hung out there. I was married before and when we separated I started going to this bar because my sister worked there. I met Rich one night and he asked me out. I didn't really care for him much and hoped that he wouldn't call me. Then a few months later I ran into him and we ended up dancing and talking all night. I came home with stars in my eyes.

I moved in with him 6 months later and we got married a year and half after that. Our first official date was Aug. 12, 1982, 23 years ago.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3683 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4324

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review