All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A quick update on me
      #183370 - 06/03/05 05:58 PM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

I thought I'd update real quick before vanishing again.

Tummy wise, I am fabulous, which is LOVELY. It's nice being stable, I must say.

Everything else body-wise though, is not so nice.

Once again, I had a horrible allergic reaction to my hair dye, on wednesday. My entire head is covered in scabs (ew), because I scratch at my scalp in my sleep!

And, my seasonal allergies are kicking in, but no anti-histamine will work! I tried for a week, but nothing stops my eyes from itching like mad!

To top it all off, Ottawa has been having this horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE heat wave, where we hit 30 degrees Celcius.

I am by no means a summer person. Anything over 30 degrees makes me faint. So of course, I'm covered in heat rash.

Oh boy girls, my entire body is itchy, and it ain't pretty!

I have some 1% horticortisone cream from my mom, but, as you can imagine, that stuff never completely stops the itching.

I know I never told ANY of you girls about this, but a few weeks back I went on a trip to Philly with our school band. My boyfriend at the time, Jeff, and I were doing great. But then, after the trip, he wanted to concentrate on school.

Dundundun, a break.

For the next two weeks, I can honestly say I was in the worst shape ever. All I did was eat, go to school, sit in class and stare at my teacher, and then go home. We never spoke, interacted, or anything of the sort. I was a mess.

Finally, just over a week ago, he called it quits. He "wasn't in the mood" for a relationship. Boys. Go figure.
So now I'm slowly getting better, and honestly, those two weeks probably made the breakup easier. I can be around him alright, but if I have to look at him at all, I look at his feet. His eyes kill me, just because they are completely and totally black. Gorgeous.

Anyways, yes, that's all I have to report for now, as I have to get ready for tomorrow. I'm helping out with the CHEO telethon, so Tina if you happen to be watching TV, oh, I don't know, all of saturday, you might see me!

I hope all my girls (and the odd guy) are doing great, emotionally, physically and spiritually!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

30 degrees Celsius= 86 degrees Fahrenheit! new
      #183372 - 06/03/05 06:18 PM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

You would really hate the Southwest US! lol
I'm exactly the opposite, anything below 60 F (16 C)is freezing to me!

Re: A quick update on me new
      #183426 - 06/04/05 05:57 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Despite it all, Isabel, you seem to be in much better spirits. At least school will be out soon, eh? Hang in there till then, OK? Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#183442 - 06/04/05 07:27 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I'm sorry your body hates you at the moment. I have a nasty cold, so I'm in a bit of the same boat.

You were in Philly?!?! Where?

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#183443 - 06/04/05 07:40 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

ISABEL! Hey!

I am in NYC and my poor cat is in my apartment during the heat wave. No wonder my friend that's looking after her wants to put my air conditionner on. I hate that hot and humid weather too. I sympathize.

About the allergies, have you tried Allegra? That's what my doc recommended and I find that it works well for me.

What hair dye do you use that gives you a horrible reaction? You obviously don't have any gray hair yet, so why not try a henna?

About the boy. Huh? I don't remember even hearing about him, missy!

About the telethon. Cool! I doubt I'll be able to catch it here. What day is it on again? I know it's an all day thing. Darn. I guess this means we'll just have to meet up. ha ha

FABULOUS about your tumm behaving. WOO HOO!!!!!

Big hugs to my fellow Ottawa chicky.

Hey hon new
      #183462 - 06/04/05 09:53 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

glad to hear your tummy is doing so well! Boy o Boys! I am 29 been married ten years and they can still make me go HUH? Go out with some girlfriends and have some fun! Find a new hairdye honey Itchy scalp does not sound fun!LOL
HUGS!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5306 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 904

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review