All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Moved
      #183106 - 06/03/05 12:13 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

So we moved. It was/is awful. I miss the crickets lulling me to sleep and the hooty birds waking me in the am. The AC doesn't work (we live in ARIZONA and it is 95 degrees during the day and up!) we have roaches, the gas was just turned on today so I couldn't cook for days, the phone was turned on late yesterday, and it is just NOT happening for us here

At least hubby and Shana and I are together.

I cannot WAIt until things are working properly so we can have a shcedule and s ome normalcy in our lives once again.

On the up side...I bought myself a plant today! It is beautiful. I am planning a veggie garden in the works.

I will be in and out for a week or so as we unpack.

Sending everyone a lot of love, joy, peace, and *hugs*

Ruchie

P.S. If you e-mailed me and I haven't responded...it's beacuse I spend a few minutes a day on-line these days of unpakcing and chaos. PLEASE forgive me...I WILL write you back. The support I have received here is keeping me ALIVE. Thank you my dear friends *hugs* *hugs* *hugs* *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Awww Rache..... new
      #183110 - 06/03/05 01:48 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

So sorry to hear it's not so great there. I'm sure once you get rid of those roaches and settle in and make the place home it will be better. Get on your landlord's back and get that Air Con FIXED! It's unfair if it's not working and in the heat it's a neccessity! ((((((((hugs))))))) look forward to having you back, have missed you like mad

--------------------
Amy

Re: Moved new
      #183114 - 06/03/05 02:22 AM
momof2

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Belgium, but soon to be Maryland

Sorry about your moving woes! Since we are military we move about every 2 to 3 years, so I totally understand the misery. It is hard when everything is perfect, but when things are bad...it seems almost impossible. I hope the settling in process gets better soon.

I'm moving back to the US in another month or so, and we won't even see our furniture or car for a couple of months after we get there.

--------------------
*Karyn* IBS D

{{hugs}} new
      #183121 - 06/03/05 03:28 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

How on earth do you cope with roaches? I HATE them.

Good luck, sweetie. Get some plants, grow your veggies and herbs in pots and get the landlord to fix the AC ASAP!!!

#183142 - 06/03/05 07:35 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Hey Ruchie,

First of all, we all know you are WAY too tough to let roaches and heat beat you! You're Ruchie!

Second, this may just be the law student in me, but not providing a/c as promised is pretty much a material breach of contract. Without really planning on following through with it (because it can screw up your credit) I would call the landlord and very clearly tell him that you will withold rent until he fulfills the terms of the contract. Then say thank you very much, and hang up.

Now, on to the next thing ...

Is there a jewish version of "get thee to a nunnery!"? I basically mean, go take care of your spiritual self. Leave the unpacking for a day -- the boxes aren't going to go anywhere, and go get acquainted with your new Rabbii (I assume you have one). You'll feel better. Things seem bad now -- they are bad now -- but Job had it worse, right? He hung in, and so can you.

Keep us posted.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

*Great* advice Panda! new
      #183146 - 06/03/05 07:45 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I tend to let relatively small things get on top of me when I'm feeling down and taking a step back is always the best thing to do - not that I EVER remember that at the time!

Re: Awww Rache..... new
      #183156 - 06/03/05 07:58 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Lots of love and very big hugs! I'm sure you'll make it feel like home in no time!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Ruchie new
      #183157 - 06/03/05 08:00 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Hope things settle down for you soon. We've been missing you!!! Big hugs!! And come back soon.

#183186 - 06/03/05 08:46 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I have missed you so!! I emailed you and you didn't email back and you have been MIA for so long that I was beginning to get really worried. I am so relieved to hear you are alright!!

My first home was a row home that was a foreclosure that the bank had fixed up and it was newly painted, etc. except they forgot to remove the roaches! But someone told me about this powder that you put down around the baseboards all around the walls of the house and it formed a barrier if they walked thru it they died. And I never saw another one after that.

Can you do something about the AC? Complain to the landlord until he can't stand it anymore and is dying to get your AC fixed.

I will pray for you. You can overcome this too! Did you get the poem I emailed you the other day? It made me think of you. Reach out and take his hand Rache.

Praying for you,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#183209 - 06/03/05 08:59 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Big hugs Ruchie.... hope things will settle down for you real soon.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

LOL on the Shakespeare ref, AP!! new
      #183320 - 06/03/05 12:29 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

*laughing* I need to get me some of that business. Not a lot of people understand that ref. So nice to see it in context. Amanda Panda +3 points.

Ruchie honey, you're going to make that new place a home lickity split. Plants are a swinging place to start. Try cooking up some AD brownies and lighting your favorite scented candle to make the place smell more like home! Or if it's too hot, take a nice long bath to relax some of those aching moving muscles and feel more Ruchiefied. Cut some flowers to brighten the place up, and go for a walk with that fab pup in the new neighborhood! And hit us with some more poetry, chica. You know we're starved for some culture!

Love to you! -N.

Hugs new
      #183330 - 06/03/05 01:20 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I didn't even know you were moving! It an be so hard the fist few weeks! Things will get better! I had the same problem with my gas when we moved in here, now that you can cook things will seem brighter!
BIG HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

*HUG* I go offline for a week+ and miss you actually getting moved.. new
      #183839 - 06/06/05 04:16 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I'm so sorry for all the problems though.. thats no fun!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#183872 - 06/06/05 07:45 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Big HUGE HUGS to my little sis.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3763 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1261

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review