All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
LIVERPOOL NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!!!
      #181051 - 05/25/05 05:03 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Tonight is the biggest football game ever as Liverpool compete in the Champions league final in Istanbul and we're the first English team in 20 years to get through to the final!! It is the BIGGEST game ever....Liverpool is literally buzzing today .....its going to be madness!! I am stuck in Leeds when I should be at home but ofcourse I'll be watching every second! If we win tonight Im getting the train back tomorrow morning so I can greet the bus of players as it goes throught the streets of Liverpool....last time that happened was AMAZING!!! The whole city was RED!! My mum has bought me a special collectors edition supporters t-shirt but I am so sad I cant wear it tonight....it'll b on tomorrow if we win!

EVERYBODY PRAY THAT WE BRING THE TROPHY HOME.....after Liverpool won the European Capital of Culture Award for 2008 this would just be the icing on the cake!!

Kick off at 7pm British time....I will report the scores as they happen....or atleats try to....will probably be too stressed.....

COME ON LIVERPOOL!!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: LIVERPOOL NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!!! new
      #181114 - 05/25/05 10:24 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Oway! Oway oway oawy! O-WAY! O-WAAAY!

Go pool!

WE DID IT!!!! new
      #181254 - 05/25/05 04:51 PM
Natalie1985

OH MY GOD....all I can say is that that was the most EXCITING football match I have ever EVER EVER watched in my entire life!! It was AMAZING!!! We were 3 goals down in the first half and then scored 3 in about 10 minutes in the second which then ended in a draw and us having to go to extra time and then the DREADED penalty shoot outs!!

I have no nails left and ate a whole tub of ben and jerrys icecream to myself with a load of baileys poured ontop YUM....I was so stressed I needed it. Well worth the pain it will cause me in the morning!

I am getting the train bak home to Liverpool tomorrow afternoon to see the bus come back and go through the streets with the trophy....if its anything like when we won the treble it will be AMAZING....literally every supporter in the world (bar those who couldnt make it back in time from istanbul) will be there!!

Sorry to rub it in and bore u all none supporters to death but trust me you dont know how much this means to Liverpool....I might be biased but we are the GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: WE DID IT!!!! new
      #181301 - 05/26/05 04:10 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

It was a brilliant match! I don't normally watch football but I was hooked. Unfortunately I took the dog for a walk at half time and the three goals had been scored by Liverpool when i got back (trust me to miss them). Talk about a surprise.

:-)

#181336 - 05/26/05 07:13 AM

Unregistered

Hi Natalie

Just to say am thinking of you today and hope that you have a wonderful time in Liverpool.
I'm not really a footy fan but all my family are (they support Cov.City) but I was very pleased for Liverpool last night.
My husband sat watching the tv for 3 hours, I was in the other room tuned in to see the penalties and wham a result.
Cheers

Judith

#181691 - 05/27/05 04:48 PM
Nelly

You rock Nat!! Liverpool rocks!! I agree it is a fantastic city, and one of my favorite places on the planet!!!!

My friends also kept up the kids to see them bring the cup in! Very cool!

She mentioned that all scousers were very overhung and otherwise fragile after the celebrations, and *everybody* is talking about it!!!!

Yep we do rock............... new
      #181772 - 05/28/05 12:19 PM
Natalie1985

I took some good photos on my camera I will post them when I get back to leeds....you wouldnt believe the crowds it was just AMAZING...we still havent got down off cloud 9....dont think Liverpool will ever recover!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Yep we do rock............... new
      #182274 - 05/31/05 02:24 PM
Nelly

Post them!!! Can't wait to see!! Now what is this about not being able to defend next year!!?! That rule needs to be changed!!!

Too rights it does... and here the PHOTOS for everyone to see!! new
      #182341 - 05/31/05 05:46 PM
Natalie1985

basically we're the champions so we should have a right to defend out cup next year, but technically this season in the premiership we didnt make the top 4 we were 5th so that means we are not eligible to play in the champions league next year...obviously stupid as we are THE BEST...so theyre trying to change the rules so that the reigning champions get automatic entry into the next years championship....makes sense yeah!

Anyways...heres a few pics for you....

The crowds were literally hanging out of windows, standing on roofs, cars, up lamp posts on street signs, traffic lights ....everything just to see the bus!

And heres my mums cake that she made expecially for my dad and grandads birthday on sunday with the trophy on it!!

--------------------
Natalie

Bump... new
      #185704 - 06/11/05 11:36 AM
Natalie1985

For nelly incase you missed them!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 912

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review