Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Grocery stores in Florida
      #180587 - 05/22/05 07:42 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Hi Everyone!

Long time no chat. I hope things are going well for people.

Things with me are going pretty well. I've been super busy with school and work, but enjoying myself and overall feeling pretty good.

I'm off to Orlando on Wednesday for a week for a vacation. I'll be staying in a hotel that has a kitchen so I was planning on making most of my own food as the food prices at Disney World are crazy, and I probably can't eat a lot of it either. Can anybody recommend some good grocery stores that carry IBS friendly foods in Orlando near Disney world? Or at least some good US or FLA grocery store chains to get food?

Thanks very much!
Jamie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Grocery stores in Florida new
      #180596 - 05/22/05 08:27 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Hey Jamie,

It is good to see you on again. I can't help you as far as good places to shop, sorry. Hope you have a great time in Orlando.

--------------------
Janey

#180611 - 05/22/05 09:48 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I kinda hate to promote Walmart, but they are just about everywhere in the US, and the Walmart SuperCenters usually have a wide variety of groceries. Most grocery stores (any chain) also carry at least Silk brand soy milk these days, too.

#180616 - 05/22/05 09:53 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

{{JAMIE}}

So glad to see ya here!! I don't have any answers for ya but wanted to say hello!! And we miss your face too...can't see it

Don't be a stranger and have fun on your vacation!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#180638 - 05/22/05 11:42 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Hi Jamie! We just came back from Disney a month ago and I couldn't find any grocery stores within the "disney " radius. It was tough. Our resort did have some store that they called a market place and you get get your milk, butter, eggs and other necessities, but as far as a grocery store.... I think you might have to travel outside disney to find one and we weren't about to attempt it as we got lost everytime we left "disney".

I ate pretty bland the whole vacation. Chicken soup, bagels, BLT's (Bacon, Lettuce(which I took off)and Tomatoe sandwiches. You are right though, the prices are insane if you eat out all the time. We too had a kitchen in our suite and ate most breakfasts there (with the exception of the one character breakfast which cost a family of 4 $70 .

Have fun and hope you find a grocery store.

P.S. Brittany is from Florida, perhaps she may see your post.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

I've got your answers! new
      #180704 - 05/22/05 07:29 PM

Unregistered

I'm so excited that I can provide some insight on this!

Well every time we go to Disney we always go to the Goodings gorcery store that is right across the street from the one Disney property entrance. It is a huge store and I think it is open 24 hours too actually. Here is the link to their site and you can use Mapquest.com to locate it easier. And the entrance that this is nearest to is the one near Downtown Disney and that whole line of non-Disney owned Hotels if that makes any sense to you. Lake Buena Vista is the road I think and it's right off the interstate in this huge shopping complex. This might help you figure out where it is.

Then just in geneal Publix grocery stores are a FABULOUS Florida chain and they have great selections of everything you'd ever want and have organic food aisels that would rival Whole Foods and other specialty stores any day without the crazy prices. You can find Luna Bars and so much else there too. You can locate a close store here.

I hope you have lots of fun!! It's getting pretty darn hot here and it will be especially so there in the middle of the state so make sure you sneak in lots of your own water to the parks and stuff since they charge and arm and a leg for that stuff.

#180737 - 05/23/05 07:53 AM
Stefhanie

Reged: 05/23/05

Hello Everyone!
I am new to the board. Knowing Florida fairly well, I thought I would offer my insight. Brittney is correct about those two stores, Goodings and Publix, being the closest to Disney. However, it is better to make the extra maybe 2 minute drive to Publix because the prices are much better!
Hope this helps!
Stephanie

#180792 - 05/23/05 12:50 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Thanks for everyone's advice and hellos

I'm super busy for the next month or so, but then after that will try and stop by the boards a little more.

Cheers!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 790

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review