All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
My bracelets came!!!!
      #178714 - 05/13/05 06:45 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

BUT... my dad forgot to bring them to me this morning, I had them shipped to my parents house rather than my apartment.
I let my mom open one and take on and give one to my sister. I am also gonna give one to my aunt, that has IBS, and some girl friends of mine, since I know my guy friends probably aren't gonna be too keen on wearing periwinkle.

I will probably drive over and get them tonight or tomorrow, can't wait til I can put one on! I like getting fun stuff in the mail if you can't tell.

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My bracelets came!!!! new
      #178724 - 05/13/05 07:03 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

YAY!!! I can't wait til mine arrives.

It'll probably be a while though, NZ is pretty far from anywhere really. Still, it'll be SO exciting when it does!!

--------------------
*Emma*

Alright Emma! new
      #178732 - 05/13/05 07:11 AM
Sheri01

Oh , and i forgot, Thanks to Melissa, jennifer Rose, Shell, and Kandee for exceptional service and a speedy delivery!

--------------------
-Sheri

Aww.. we're just happy for all the orders and support for the Sprawl we're getting! new
      #178750 - 05/13/05 08:22 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

It's funny because when we started planning this thing last year, I don't think any of us realized how much work we were getting ourselves into! LOL

But it definitely pays off big time when the Sprawl rolls around. We had so much fun last year!

Thanks for your orders ladies! And enjoy the bracelets.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#178776 - 05/13/05 09:56 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Let me know how they fit! I want to order some but I have such tiny wrists that I am afraid it will just fall off. I can rarely find braclets in the store to fit.

#178779 - 05/13/05 10:07 AM
Sheri01

Will do, I have fairly small wrsits, but I never noticed that they are extremely small or anything, if I have a chance I will measure my wrist too to give a guideline!

--------------------
-Sheri

#178781 - 05/13/05 10:15 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

That would be great! I have one of the LIVESTRONG bracelets and it's HUGE on me so I never wear it. They need to make smaller sizes!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#178789 - 05/13/05 10:53 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You could always wear it as an anklet! Oh, and just push it up on your forearm... it will stay in place, mine does!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#178800 - 05/13/05 11:24 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Me too! My wrists have always been tiny! I have an extra hole in my watch band I made the jeweler punch just for that reason!!

BF is positive that my hands are just going to snap off one day.

OK, I just measured my wrists new
      #178803 - 05/13/05 11:30 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

OK I took out the measuring tape and actually measured!! My wrists are 5 and 5/8ths" circumference around. That's not too small, right?? Maybe they look smaller because I'm tall (5'11") and my fingers are so long. (My hands have a C-E stretch, which means my fingers can reach one octave on the piano, plus 2 white keys). Maybe my wrists just look small by comparison?

What's everyone else's wrist size?? How big are the bracelets, and do they fit your wrists ok??

Re: OK, I just measured my wrists new
      #178809 - 05/13/05 11:38 AM
Sheri01

didn't get to measure yet, but my hands are kinda big (not man hands though LOL), so that would keep one from falling off of me prolly

--------------------
-Sheri

#178823 - 05/13/05 11:58 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I actually tried just pushing it up my forearm - It goes all the way up to my elbow!!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#178828 - 05/13/05 12:09 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I actually tried just pushing it up my forearm - It goes all the way up to my elbow!!!

LOL now THAT would be sexy!! lol Hey, we could start a new fashion trend...."elbowlets"

--------------------

me too.. but I am also allergic to latex... new
      #178830 - 05/13/05 12:14 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

and most of those bands have latex, so I'm going to order some to give away!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

I got my bracelets! new
      #179081 - 05/15/05 08:20 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Mine came yesterday! Thanks so much, Jennifer, Melissa, Kandee and Shell!

And on the topic of them being huge, yeah, mine can go 3/4 of the way up my forearm, but it's too tight to go on my upper arm or on my ankle....my wrists are barely 6 inches in circumference for reference, but I'm wearing mine anyway, and sending the other two I bought to my mom and my younger brother who both have IBS (though we'll have to see if my brother will actually wear it!)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: me too.. but I am also allergic to latex... new
      #179213 - 05/15/05 10:17 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

and most of those bands have latex, so I'm going to order some to give away!

Oh, did not even think about that.... thank you much in advance for your order....even if you can't wear one.

You know what my Dad did with his? He put it around his rear view miror in his car

--------------------

Re: I got my bracelets! new
      #179214 - 05/15/05 10:20 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Mine came yesterday! Thanks so much, Jennifer, Melissa, Kandee and Shell! No, thank YOU for your order and support!!

And on the topic of them being huge, yeah, mine can go 3/4 of the way up my forearm, but it's too tight to go on my upper arm or on my ankle....my wrists are barely 6 inches in circumference for reference, but I'm wearing mine anyway, thanks! and sending the other two I bought to my mom and my younger brother who both have IBS (though we'll have to see if my brother will actually wear it!) You know I see A LOT of guys at the gym that are wearing them these days... ALL kinds of colors. Same with guys painting their toenails.... kind of the "In" thing these days... at least in Seattle...LOL

--------------------

I am wearing mine right now! new
      #179235 - 05/16/05 06:09 AM
Sheri01

Picked it up on Saturday. Like Melissa said, it is big, but doesn't fall off. I have had it on all weekend.

--------------------
-Sheri

#179237 - 05/16/05 06:14 AM
Sheri01

Quote:

You know I see A LOT of guys at the gym that are wearing them these days... ALL kinds of colors. Same with guys painting their toenails.... kind of the "In" thing these days... at least in Seattle...LOL

Shell, it is def like that in Jersey! The awareness bands have really became popular! At least it is style ofr a good cause, but sometimes it kinda makes me think, are people wearing those Livestrong bands and such more for the style or meaning? ANd I see quite a few guys at the gym wearing pink ones, for breast cancer.
Did you know that they have knock offs that are pure fashion now? Like they have colored ones that say 'peace' or 'drama queen' on them. Now THAT I think is kinda silly.

--------------------
-Sheri

#179275 - 05/16/05 08:24 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

You know I see A LOT of guys at the gym that are wearing them these days... ALL kinds of colors. Same with guys painting their toenails.... kind of the "In" thing these days... at least in Seattle...LOL

Shell, it is def like that in Jersey! The awareness bands have really became popular! At least it is style ofr a good cause, but sometimes it kinda makes me think, are people wearing those Livestrong bands and such more for the style or meaning? Adults "Meaning", Teens "fashion"....that is what think... I could be wrong. ANd I see quite a few guys at the gym wearing pink ones, for breast cancer. I've seen a lot of guys in pink too... that is kinda cool... they probably have family members that have it.
Did you know that they have knock offs that are pure fashion now? Like they have colored ones that say 'peace' or 'drama queen' on them. Now THAT I think is kinda silly. Yes, I saw those at Walgreens... it's the trend and the teenagers wear like 10 different colors all at one time on one arm..... kind of like in the 80's when the jellie bracelts were in thanks to my idol Madonna! hehehe

--------------------

Re: I am wearing mine right now! new
      #179277 - 05/16/05 08:24 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Picked it up on Saturday. Like Melissa said, it is big, but doesn't fall off. I have had it on all weekend.

YAH!!!! It does not fall off!!

--------------------

#179282 - 05/16/05 08:45 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

You know what my Dad did with his? He put it around his rear view miror in his car

Hey how'd he do that? I was trying to get mine around the mirror the other day! LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

#179283 - 05/16/05 08:50 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Hey how'd he do that? I was trying to get mine around the mirror the other day! LOL

LOL.... not really "around" it but think of one side of the miror as your arm... he just slid it on there about 2-3"... it just stays there.

--------------------

#179606 - 05/17/05 01:02 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL.... not really "around" it but think of one side of the miror as your arm... he just slid it on there about 2-3"... it just stays there.

I put mine on my rental car... that way when I park at the gym this week I will be able to make sure I'm trying to open the right car door!! LOL

--------------------

Re: Alright Emma! new
      #180292 - 05/20/05 08:15 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Oh , and i forgot, Thanks to Melissa, jennifer Rose, Shell, and Kandee for exceptional service and a speedy delivery!

You're welcome Sheri! Thanks for ordering - glad they got to you okay!

Don't forget to wear yours to Vegas if you come!

#180294 - 05/20/05 08:16 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

YAY!!! I can't wait til mine arrives.

It'll probably be a while though, NZ is pretty far from anywhere really. Still, it'll be SO exciting when it does!!

Let me know when they get there - I'm curious to see how long it takes. Thanks for ordering!

#180296 - 05/20/05 08:19 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Mine came yesterday! Thanks so much, Jennifer, Melissa, Kandee and Shell!

And on the topic of them being huge, yeah, mine can go 3/4 of the way up my forearm, but it's too tight to go on my upper arm or on my ankle....my wrists are barely 6 inches in circumference for reference, but I'm wearing mine anyway, and sending the other two I bought to my mom and my younger brother who both have IBS (though we'll have to see if my brother will actually wear it!)

You're welcome!

So, did you brother end up wearing it?

#180335 - 05/20/05 09:50 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Haven't gotten a chance to mail it to them yet! I'll try to remember to while I'm out with my bf shopping tomorrow, and I'll let you know once he gets them!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#180339 - 05/20/05 10:01 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Haven't gotten a chance to mail it to them yet! I'll try to remember to while I'm out with my bf shopping tomorrow, and I'll let you know once he gets them!

Oh shoot.... you should have given us his address too and we chould have shipped it right to him for you.

--------------------

I got a wee package from the States today! new
      #180431 - 05/20/05 06:11 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Yep... I was having a mare of a morning, and then my bracelet arrived all the way from Seattle and brightened my day!

--------------------
*Emma*

I know you probably got a reply already, but... new
      #180456 - 05/21/05 05:43 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I squished my bracelet flat, and it measures 8" around. It's HUGE. I have little bitty wrists, about 5 1/4", and apparently small hands too, and the bracelet literally falls right off my hand, which is a bummer... I wanted to wear it and I can't!

I'm sorry.... new
      #180508 - 05/21/05 03:51 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

I squished my bracelet flat, and it measures 8" around. It's HUGE. I have little bitty wrists, about 5 1/4", and apparently small hands too, and the bracelet literally falls right off my hand, which is a bummer... I wanted to wear it and I can't! Maybe you can put it on the car rear view mirror, like someone suggested, which I think is a great idea and something I'm going to do.
OR, I've heard that the teenagers are wearing as many colors as they can get their hands on....all at the same time. Since they WON'T find this color in any local store, or on line, except thru us...it would be nice to share and give your favorite teen one of yours. Kandee

--------------------

It's ok! new
      #180517 - 05/21/05 05:12 PM
atomic rose

Curse genetics for making me so tiny in the bone-structure department!

Actually, I just tried it on my *ankle*, and although getting it over my foot is a little tricky (thank goodness they stretch a little!), it does fit my ankle. So I'm wearing it after all!

Re: It's ok! new
      #180531 - 05/21/05 07:52 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Curse genetics for making me so tiny in the bone-structure department!

Actually, I just tried it on my *ankle*, and although getting it over my foot is a little tricky (thank goodness they stretch a little!), it does fit my ankle. So I'm wearing it after all!

WWWWWOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO Anklets!!

--------------------

#180533 - 05/21/05 07:54 PM
Jennifer Rose

Oooh I thought about doing this, but hadn't try it yet. I am definitely going to have to try this now.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#180564 - 05/22/05 12:57 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Casey,

I have the same problem. My wrists are so small I can only wear a watch that has a leather band with several hole choices. In high school someone once told me that my wrists were so small I shouldn't wear short sleeves. I could wear one on my ankle except I have size 8 feet. I wonder it if would fit over! I am 5'3" with size 8's. I think I should have been taller going by the size of my feet but stopped growing for some reason, LOL!

--------------------
Janey

I'm a size 8 shoe too! new
      #180583 - 05/22/05 06:47 AM
atomic rose

And I'm 5'2"! The bracelets do have a bit of stretch to them, so it was snug but not impossible to get over a foot.

I know what you mean about watches, too... I have a leather-banded watch that's still too big, even on the smallest hole... I have to poke a new hole in the thing one of these days. And I say heck with what anyone says - wear what you like!

#180639 - 05/22/05 11:45 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I got mine too! They are HUGE!!!!! Is there any way you can get an order of them in child size??? My pink breast cancer one is small and fits me perfect. I, unfortunately will not be able to wear mine but am willing to pay again if you can get them in a smaller size. I've read that it's too big for quite a few people.

If not, I at least supported the cause but am bummed that I can't wear it

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#180645 - 05/22/05 11:59 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I got mine too! They are HUGE!!!!! Is there any way you can get an order of them in child size??? There were ordered custom due to the color not being available anywhere else. We did not think to order "Youth" size... next time we will have to order some of both, but not until all of these are almost gone. My pink breast cancer one is small and fits me perfect. I, unfortunately will not be able to wear mine but am willing to pay again if you can get them in a smaller size. I've read that it's too big for quite a few people.

If not, I at least supported the cause but am bummed that I can't wear it Thanks for your support! Have you tried the ankle like some others have or rear view mirror of your car?

--------------------

Re: I got a wee package from the States today! new
      #180654 - 05/22/05 12:30 PM
*Melissa*

WOW!!! That was fast!!!

Glad you got them...and brightened your day!

#180657 - 05/22/05 12:39 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Quote:

I got mine too! They are HUGE!!!!! Is there any way you can get an order of them in child size??? There were ordered custom due to the color not being available anywhere else. We did not think to order "Youth" size... next time we will have to order some of both, but not until all of these are almost gone. My pink breast cancer one is small and fits me perfect. I, unfortunately will not be able to wear mine but am willing to pay again if you can get them in a smaller size. I've read that it's too big for quite a few people.

If not, I at least supported the cause but am bummed that I can't wear it Thanks for your support! Have you tried the ankle like some others have or rear view mirror of your car?

Like Shell said, we didn't get the youth size. We didn't realize they were going to be so big on some people. I've been trying to think of a way to make them smaller. I will have to sacrifice a few for experimentation! I have a braclet that's made of the same material that has holes and buckles like a watch, but I don't think I could come up with something THAT fancy! So far, I've thought of cutting the band, sewing a button on one end, and cutting a slit in the other to button it smaller, or maybe cutting it and sticking velcro to the inside? Or of course the good ol' anklet/rearview mirror suggestions! If any crafty-types out there have any suggestions, please let us know.

We really do appreciate your buying one though - every one helps SO much!! And this is only our second year organizing the sprawl, with it only being our first as salespeople. We're hoping to improve with experience!!

I just ordered one!! -nt- new
      #180660 - 05/22/05 01:47 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: I just ordered one!! new
      #180686 - 05/22/05 06:00 PM
Shell Marr

Thanks for your order and support Steph.... we REALLY appreciate it!!

--------------------

#181447 - 05/26/05 04:30 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

It's now on my rear view mirror! Thanks for the suggestion.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#181448 - 05/26/05 04:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

It's now on my rear view mirror! Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh WONDERFUL...I'm so glad that you are able to use it!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1617 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4934

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review