All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Becoming pregnant
      #178051 - 05/10/05 04:26 PM
b232

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Seguin, Texas USA

I will be married soon and I would very much enjoy having children afterwards. Has anyone been pregnant with IBS w/ c? Is it healthy or a good idea or should I just not try at all?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Becoming pregnant new
      #178108 - 05/10/05 08:28 PM
freeda

Reged: 05/08/05
Loc: SW Michigan

I was not *diagnosed* w/IBS when I was pregnant with my daughter. However, I had miserable C throughout most of my pregnancy. Like, causing ripping C. Bleah. I was put on a stool softener called pericolace, which I understand isn't on the market anymore, but for the most part I just suffered.

You'll want to be careful about the iron content of your pre-natal vitamins. They tend to load on the iron, which is very constipating. (I didn't know enough to stop taking them at the time, which I think is 90% of why it was so miserable.)

Also just be mindful of your triggers... try to stay calm, etc. I think you're lucky to be going into it knowing about your IBS.

Children are a lifetime of joy ahead of you. Don't be scared. The juice is worth the squeeze!!

--------------------
Knowledge is power.

#178149 - 05/11/05 05:56 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

MANY people have been pregnant with IBS C! Actually, even w/o IBS, the majority of woman will be C when they are pregnant.
I am pregnant now, but I am IBS-D (although I have been back and forth between D and C now that I'm pregnant). You'll figure out something that works for you.

I really recommend Heather's Acacia Tummy Fiber!

--------------------
~Cara~

#178172 - 05/11/05 07:14 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Many women actually see a reduction in their IBs symtpoms while pregnant! I'm currently seeing a RE (reproductive endocrinologist) and trying to get pregnant! Do a search and you will see lots of posts about pregnancy!!

As far as the pre-natal vitamins go, there is one now that actually has a stool softner built in to it so it you are prone to C that might be something to mention to your obgyn about!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#178195 - 05/11/05 08:07 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I was diagnosed after my pregnancy with IBS-C, but did have C during my pregnancy. I took a pre-natal with a stool softner and I also took colace with my pregnancy. It wasn't that unbearable. The end product is soooo worth it!!!

#178197 - 05/11/05 08:09 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Quote:

As far as the pre-natal vitamins go, there is one now that actually has a stool softner built in to it so it you are prone to C that might be something to mention to your obgyn about!

I have IBS D (although more C since my last baby) and I tried vitamins with a stool softner. They worked too well for me. I would end up having to go several times within an hour of taking them. Good luck.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 544 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 587

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review