All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Boy Update!
      #177825 - 05/09/05 07:14 PM

Unregistered

Okay so after dance class tonight Jesse calls me and wants me to meet him downtown by the marina for a walk. So I met him and he brought his dog and we just walked and talked and then sat on a bench and talked...it was so nice and we were there for like an hour or so and then it was getting really dark.

And here are a couple photos of how it looks down there just to set the mood for you all...lol.

So we had a very nice time. It's just the funniest thing ever because stuff like this never ever happens to me. It feels so good to have someone genuinely interested in you. And of course I have to be like deathly ill and coughing up a lung, but he's so sweet about it and all worried..it's so cute...

So that's the update for now. I'll keep y'all posted.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Boy Update! new
      #177832 - 05/09/05 07:31 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

OH YAY! I am so soo sooo excited for you!

do you think you're going to keep seeing each other?!? any kisses yet?!?!

Anyways.. I just got back from my hip hop class and I swear it puts me in the best mood for the entire night.. so i'm sure if you love dancing as much as I do.. your date was even that much better.

--------------------

#177848 - 05/09/05 08:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I STILL can't believe you live in FL where I grew up!

He sounds sweet! I'm so hapy Britt! *hugs* Keep us posted....love ya!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#177858 - 05/09/05 09:06 PM

Unregistered

Yay thanks!!

And where in Florida did you grow up?? I don't think I knew that before.

#177869 - 05/09/05 10:01 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, I got goose bumps thinking of how happy you must be right now... this is wonderful!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#177871 - 05/09/05 10:13 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Miami...where are you? Were you born there? Do you like FL?

Stay happy Brittany!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Yay Britt! new
      #177892 - 05/10/05 03:30 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Great to hear that this is going so well (you know that because his name is Jesse I am picturing him as Jesse Metcalfe aka John the gardener in Desperate Housewives?)

Keep us boring (almost) marrieds updated on this, we are living vicariously through you!

--------------------
S.

Ruchie new
      #177904 - 05/10/05 06:02 AM

Unregistered

Ahhh Miami - what a place to grow up. I've only been down there a couple times.

I live in Sarasota which is about an hour south of Tampa on the Gulf of Mexico. I was born here and always lived here. I do love it. It is a great town and we have some of the most beautiful white sand beaches in the world. Granted I really want to take a few years of my life and live in the northeast (i feel it calling me) but I would definitely come back here to live and raise children and stuff. Our town is really rich in arts and it's bursting with rich old people and really rich middle-aged people too...not the best place for a student to try and find a place to live.

You should come down to Florida for a visit! Of course this time of year it is getting VERY hot...sea breezes or not.

Sinead new
      #177905 - 05/10/05 06:09 AM

Unregistered

Haha I was watching an entertainment news show on Desperate Housewives yesterday and Jesse Metcalfe was on there..and I was like -woah, his name is Jesse - which I knew, but just hadn't connected with my Jesse yet...so apparently it is a sexy name...:) Are you guys addicted to the show over there??? The season is almost over and it's getting SO GOOD!

And I'll definitely keep you all updated! Last night he text messaged me to say he had a nice time and all..and then he told me that I have VERY sexy lips..(lol)...and he just had to get that out there and say it. Haha..I hardly ever get compliments from boys (at least sober ones that aren't hispanic or Italian or way old) but that was cracking me up - especially since he's been quite a gentlemen and said nothing at all inappropriate..haha. Too bad I am so sick.

I tell you, this whole thing is so fun but I can't help thinking it's too good to be true and won't last. Oh well, that's the pessimist in me..haha. I think we're hanging out again tonight so expect another update soon!

Re: Sinead new
      #177908 - 05/10/05 06:30 AM
cailin

aww this all sounds so cute and sweet.
Keep having fun, enjoy tonight.

--------------------
S.

#177918 - 05/10/05 07:13 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh I love Florida! I am so jealous of those pictures!! I love warm weather and being by the water. The problem is all my family lives in Michigan and I such a family person that it would be so hard to move away from them. I'll just have to be content with vacations to Florida and seeing pictures you send!
What a wonderful romantic setting. It sounds like things are working out for you and your new man. This is the time in your life when you can just have a ton of fun!!!

I keep thinking Uncle Jesse from fullhouse haha!! -nt- new
      #177931 - 05/10/05 07:41 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

#177937 - 05/10/05 07:52 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, Beautiful pictures!! thanks for sharing! I'm so delighted to hear things are progressing well! Enjoy this time of getting to know eachother! I hope it all works out well for you two!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#177941 - 05/10/05 08:12 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh wow, this is turning out GREAT!!!!!

#177976 - 05/10/05 11:08 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Good for you, Brittany!!!! So nice to have a next date to look forward to! And you're right, the setting is way nice!!!!

Keep us posted! We must know everything!

oh i definitely thought of that first! lol -nt- new
      #178005 - 05/10/05 12:37 PM

Unregistered

so excited for you..... new
      #178339 - 05/11/05 03:40 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I just got ur email so had to check out the post...I will reply to u as soon as I can I am up the wall with work....not finished till next thurs yet and so much to do....I am going home to work sat and sun too as am so desperate for money so its gona b so hard to get everything done...I am expecting tears before next week with stress!!!

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU....you deserve all this SO much....I really really hope things just keep getting better...oooooh and I was loving the email....I will let you spill all the juicy details on the boards and keep my mouth schtum but wooooooohhhhh....Im so glad he seems so nice. Lets hope this is gona be a fabulous summer romance for you....and that beach looks gorgeous.....SO JEALOUS!!!

I have a bit of a boy update myself....one of my course mates at uni called james likes me....thing is Im not really attracted to him...hes a nice guy and everything but I think it would be TOO weird being on the same course and all....he saw me out last night for my friends brithday right at thr end of the night and he was like....*drunkenly....'Ive been looking for you all night...where have you been Ive been looking for you all night....'' repeatedly...I didnt know what to say...I was just laughing....god this is gona be awkward tomorrow when I see him...he's text me a few times and stuff and its sorta weird...cos hes done it when he's drunk and then apologised the next day trying to cover it up and stuff....its funny....he went all funny last time he saw me....I hate it....Im dreading if he actually brings up the fatc that he likes me....I just wouldnt know what to say...aaaaahhh!

Anyways....am hoping with my bid to be a size 10 by september and learn to love myself a bit more by then I will hopefully be conifdent enough to not be so stupid with boys next year and maybe bag myself a boyfriend.....only one year left at uni so I gota have SOME boy fun.....not that the twin situation hasnt been...I've LOVED every minute despite the fatc that what I wanted never happened.

ooohh.....my flatmates reckon Im gona meet my husband in peru in september...hehe.....now how funny would that be?

--------------------
Natalie

Nat... new
      #178343 - 05/11/05 03:51 PM
cailin

Have you booked Peru yet?
I was on lonelyplanet.com tonight looking it up for our honeymoon so I am very interested in what you have found out or where you are going.
have you exams at the moment or how much college have you left? DO you have a summer job sorted? So many questions I know but I haven't been talking to you in ages!

--------------------
S.

SINEAD!!!!! (LONG) new
      #178409 - 05/12/05 02:19 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I know I was gona email you sometime soon....well at the moment the situation is this....I finish uni next thur and they have like 2 months of being here in leeds and not having to go to uni, so...I am gona get a full time job during that time....there seems to be a lot available at the moment and Ill take anything....hopefully with that I should be earning 150-200 pounds/week and for 8 weeks that should pretty much earn me a good amount to be able to pay off a few debts and then pay for dublin and peru. I am HOPEFULLY going to peru for 15 days..I would have gone longer but because of everything else I have to do I cant spare anymore time, especially as I need to save for it first. So I am planning on going the first couple of weeks of september before uni starts...I have emailed the people...the flights Ive found so far are about 665 pounds return, then I have found a really good street centre organisation for kids called Bruceperu...google it and u can check out the website. They only charge 290 dollars for up to a month spent with them and that includes accomodation in one of their centres. So, Im guessing Im gona need atleast 850 pounds, which is do-able when I get a job and plus they dont need the money at the volunteer place until a month before I go, and as I'll b back home by august....hopefully with a load of dosh, then I should be able to do it fine. I am HOPING everything goes to plan...at the moment I cant think about it too much I have so much to do until I finish uni next thurs. Im also gona see if uni might give me some money towards it although its doubtful....if I go on about how it will aid my spanish etc they may be willing to use some of the access to learning funds....we'll see. So at the moment my summer looks like this...

May 19 - Finish uni.....wahooooo

May 20 - July 30 - In leeds sorting out job and working to earn money....will prob commute home a bit at weekends when I want to

July 23- 30 at some point during that week I will also be moving all my stuff out my flat into my new one, which is just across the courtyard!

July 30 - August 8 - At home with the parents...will prob b doin lots of stuff catching up with friends....going on day trips and stuff and working at the bar a bit.

August 8 - 15 - Parents and bro and sis go down south for a week....so all my flatmates here are coming down to Liverpool for a week of fun with me....and I will have the car....wahooooooo!!!

August 19 - 22 - Dublin Summer shindig.....CANT WAIT!!!!! May also stay in dublin for an extra day or so as my best friend from back home virtually lives there anyways as her boyfriend is there and so we may try and arrange something.

September 1 - 15 - dates to be confirmed....but hopefully volunteering in peru, I will prob actually go a bit before then like 27th august or something so I come back in time to have time to sort uni stuff out.

September 17 - back to uni for freshers week

Also have to fit in a trip to London during the summer for my dissertation research and will also be having a few camping/day trips to wales with the family and our (nackered) little speed boat that I LOVE to death.....this may b at the weekends sometime when I commute home while still in leeds.

So I AM VERY excited about the summer....last years was so unplanned and all over the place but this year I have SO much to do!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: SINEAD!!!!! (LONG) new
      #178526 - 05/12/05 11:31 AM
cailin

Wow Nat, you are a busy bee!
Mine looks like this.

Work, work, work.

Only kidding.

So far these are my plans, there will be more weekends at home to organise wedding stuff too.

June 22nd-24th- visiting a friend in Essex for her hen weekend

July 9th- hen weekend in Galway

July 17th- Wedding in Limerick

August 1st weekend- P's stag so free house, my wedding dress should be in so I will go home for a fitting

August 6th- Wedding in Co Clare

August 12th- wedding in Tipperary

August 19th- Summer Shindig in Dublin

September 2nd- MY hen weekend in Clonakilty

September 25th- one of my best friend's 30th birthday party in Limerick

September 30th- our wedding!

See I am a busy girl too, how am I going to fit in work around this??

--------------------
S.

NATALIE! new
      #178616 - 05/12/05 05:51 PM

Unregistered

Glad you liked the email!! We went for a nice long walk on one of the beaches tonight and watched the sunset and all.

Here are some more pictorial mood settings :

Your boyfriend update is quite an interesting one! I do imagine that it would be quite hard to date someone that is in classes with you...especially if things get weird. Kinda silly that he's always wanting you so bad when he's drunk. Good thing you'll have summer vacation to put some distance between you guys for a bit, right??

And I'm all about the whole working on learning to love yourself more. It has been quite a battle for me and I find that I laugh when he compliments me or touches me and thinks I'm beautiful or whatever cause I just never thought anyone could think that. Little did I know apparently it was in my head..lol. I'm definitely working on trying to lose like 10 or 15 pounds this summer too..and not that it's really the weight I want to lose so much as just toning up a few things and such. Lots to work on!!

I'm so excited that your plans for Peru are working out too. You are going to have so much fun!!

Well I think that just about sums up an email Hope you're not too stressed out with school!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2168 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4439

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review