All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
An update on my female troubles....
      #174843 - 04/28/05 03:14 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

My blood test showed elevated levels of prolactin. It is a hormone produced by the pituitary gland and is responsible for stuff like lactation. It explains why I haven't been getting my period. It's likely caused by the medication I'm on. I want to go off it ASAP but can't get into my Doc till May 25! Not that I miss my period, but it also causes enlarged breasts that "drip". Sorry if TMI. I'm hoping that will explain why my boobs are so gargantuan. They've NEVER been this big and it's really uncomfortable being a DDD when before I was a C cup. That's all. I have to wait to see an endocrinologist. Who knows how long that will take! LOL

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: An update on my female troubles.... new
      #174869 - 04/28/05 04:38 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Good luck Alicia, I hope they take you off the meds nothing worse than some side effects. (sigh) I need a med to give me boobs In all seriousness I hope they figure this out for you. Let us know how you get on.

--------------------
Amy

#174883 - 04/28/05 06:54 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I hope it gets figured out soon. It's unbelievable what these female bodies can do to us isn't it???? (Hugs)

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#174966 - 04/29/05 05:44 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Alicia
UGH our bodies definatley can do a number on us! I hope they can figure out what is going on. I used to be a nice full C and after having my son and nursing they are now a nice saggy B! LOL! I am looking forward to being pregnant again just to have boobs! But I remember when I nursed I was a size F in maternity bras and it was not fun!! None of my shirts fit and I felt like a streetwalker if I wore anything to snug in that area!! LOL

#174978 - 04/29/05 06:30 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Exactly. It's so frustrating when none of my blouses or shirts fit. I'm sentenced to t-shirts with a sweatshirt over top to hide them. It's VERY uncomfortable to be so big. I wish I had lost boob with breastfeeding instead of gaining!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#175044 - 04/29/05 09:04 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I hope they get this all figured out for you soon! I couldn't imagine being that big. I'm barely an A so I'm actually looking very forward to being pregnant and maybe even to having some boobs for once in my life! I'm not a small girl otherwise so I have a hard time also finding shirts to fit, if I get them to fit around me than they just gape in the chest! Very frustarting indeed!!

Keep us posted and I hope it doesn't take to long to get it all figured out. Did you ask the dr to put you on a call list if someone cancells there appt? You might be able to get in a little sooner if you are flexable! Hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#175356 - 04/30/05 03:59 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Bummer about your prolactin levels being elevated. What are your levels at?

My proclatin levels have been slightly elevated for two and half years (between 30-36). Boy, I wish my boobs would get larger. My doctor won't worry until my levels are over 50. I do lactate once in awhile, which is funny since I haven't nursed for close to 7 years.

I'm sure you have done your research and know a benign tumor is the usual cause for elevated prolactin levels. Hopefully it is your medication, but if it isn't, drugs can usually shrink the tumor.

Being a woman sure can be diffcult at times. Keep us posted after your appt.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1891

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review