All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Female complaints!
      #173510 - 04/25/05 12:59 PM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

So it seems that I've become one of those special people how have a giant attack right before AF (or as my friends and I have taken to calling it; uterus fairy).

I thought last month's "spring cleaning" was just a fluke, but no, here I am again!

Oi vey, at least I think I know what meds I can take to stop this, right?

How are all the other females doing?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Female complaints! new
      #173517 - 04/25/05 01:04 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey! Female checking in! All well on the nelly front, over!

~nelly~

Re: Female complaints! new
      #173518 - 04/25/05 01:06 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Isabel! So good to see you posting again. YAY!!

I do get worse before of during that fun time of the month. Maybe not as bad as you but that may calm down. I hope so.

I'm ok. I have some sort of virus as I've been feeling VERY worn down for the past few days. I had a pretty quiet weekend and tried to rest. I have been dragging myself into work as I have all these rush jobs to do and I was spoken to about my attendance recently. It was for last year but I want to make a HUGE improvement this year just to show them that I can do it.

I hope you're well other than your UF. he he

Miss ya!

Nelly! new
      #173519 - 04/25/05 01:08 PM
Sara-Sage

How are you? You've bee MIA fpr a long time, almost as long as Isabel. Are you two starting your own exclusive IBS website or something? he he

Re: Nelly! new
      #173524 - 04/25/05 01:14 PM
Nelly

LOL! That would be funny. I bet if I'd met Isabel in high school we'd be BFF. She looks and sounds like my absolute twin back when I was 14 (right before I shaved my head, LOL).

I have graduated to being a non-sickie for the time being!!! Yeaaaaaa! I'm actually researching flights to Ireland for August today, and I was well enough to go grab lunch out with BF at noon! Today is a very good day for me (happy dance!).

How's tricks wit you, Tina? Any weekends planned to the East coast any time soon? Been meaning to get back to NY myself. Gay pride is in June sometime, and I'm def going up to march in support. Talk about a great party, btw!!

~nelly~ Straight, but not narrow

Re: AF new
      #173529 - 04/25/05 01:25 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, count me in this club also! Its odd, I was feeling rotten on Friday, had be C for two days and VERY bloated and crabby. I couldn't figure out why. I wasn't expecting Af until mid this week and had my doubts she would show as I know I didn't ovulate this month.

Well, Saturday am I wake up with HORRIBLE tummy cramps. After being camped out for over 2 hours on the throne, I decide I'm going to live. I had some shopping I needed to do and about three hours later WHAM, the cramps hit and I run through the mall and make it to the potty just in time! Low and behold, AF decided to come visit EARLY!! All the signs were there if I would have just listened to my body Luckily, I always carry an ER stash of feminine "supplies" but it was too late for my white panties! I hadn't been caught off gaurd like that in years!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#173541 - 04/25/05 01:40 PM
Sara-Sage

Oh really? I thought you had blonde hair? Did you die it black back then? BFF, I remember that. he he :p

You left your house today and went out for lunch. OMG NELLY!!!! That is a MAJOR accomplishment my dear!

I will be going up to NY real soon for several days (Can I say that Tommy?). It would be great to meet up with you! :D I'm sure that gay pride is nuts in NY.

I'm SO happy that you're getting better Nelly! :cool:

#173549 - 04/25/05 01:51 PM
Ravenndark

Oh my, I've gotten over the loss of unstained panties. Honestly, I'm a teen, and most don't care about that sort of thing, because it ALWAYS happens. Horomones, get yourselves together already!

Ugh, I think I'm going to live, but I haven't quite decided yet.

#173558 - 04/25/05 01:57 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Well, just so you don't think it's just a teen thing... I got mine last week (on the bus to Toronto, by the way, impeccable timing as always)- then ANOTHER one this morning. Welcome to the world of premenopause. Can I just be done already??

#173580 - 04/25/05 03:37 PM
Nelly

Ooo, hair was darker back then!! I started out as a flaxen blonde, but it gradually got darker... After shaving it all off, dying it purple, red, green, etc., and then growing everything back, I went blonde again at 20 and never looked back.

I want to plan a trip up to NY before it gets too hot, so let me know when about you'd have some time to meet up! Drop me an email when you get a chance!

~nelly~

Not looking forward to this month! new
      #173651 - 04/25/05 07:56 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I seem to have become a regular too! It's happened the last 3 months running. I'm kinda hoping that with all the C my new meds are giving me I might escape it this month but it's doubtful. Big hugs! Nice to see you back, I've been missing you round here!

--------------------
Amy

Re: Not looking forward to this month! new
      #173668 - 04/25/05 08:34 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Count me in!! I totally know what you mean! I have the worst attacks then. Also - I can NEVER cheat - even an extra piece of pretty safe IBS brownie for example...I will pay for it for the rest of the night and the next day. It's terrible.

Glad to hear I'm not alone!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#173696 - 04/25/05 11:14 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I'm almost 25 and it took me until this year to learn not to wear the white ones around that time!
My cycle's all over the gaffe at the moment though, I don't know what's going on. I'm two days late (I think!) now, but since I'm not really sure what's normal I'm only basing on 28 days.
I just want it to start!! I can't stand this sword of damocles business. Of course, I'll live to rue the day I said that...

--------------------
*Emma*

#173703 - 04/26/05 03:16 AM
Ravenndark

My mom and I are starting to think that maybe putting me on BC would be a solution, but I'm still a little iffy...

Good luck today girls!

#173741 - 04/26/05 06:27 AM
Sara-Sage

I think Tommy emailed you with the dates that I'll be in NY. I'll be in NYC from May 28-June 5. hey, I'm going on the Sex and the City Tour. How fun will that be!

He's supposed to forward me your email as I don't have it anymore. Or you can email me at tina.spafford@ottawa.ca.

Isabel new
      #173842 - 04/26/05 10:51 AM
Sara-Sage

It just may be. I am meeting with my doctor in a couple of hours to go over that option. My periods are terrible and the cramps are unreal. It's an option.

#173845 - 04/26/05 11:17 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, Isabel. I love your name--it's mine too, although everyone calls me Maria.

I started having really bad cramps when I was around sixteen, but didn't start taking the pill until I was 19. I wish I had started sooner! BC has been a big help, not only with my menstrual cycles but with my IBS as well. You may have to experiment in order to find the right one and it does take about three months for it to work, so if you decide to go this route be patient. I recently tried ortho-tricyclen but it was too low (I had breakthrough bleeding which lasted for three weeks!) and I felt very emotional on it.

Before this, I had used Orthocyclen (generic is Sprintec) for seven years; I went back on it this month after the ortho-tricyclen disaster. Even though I still have some cramping, it's bearable--all I use is one of those heat therapy patches. This is great considering the high dose of pain relievers my doctors had me on when I was a teenager (I had to start taking them two or three days before I expected my period to start and then continue during). In addition to the reduced cramping, I like that BC allows me to always know when I'll be having my period.

Whether or not you choose to take BC, I hope you find some relief!

#173879 - 04/26/05 12:04 PM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Nice art. Your about my age.

#173886 - 04/26/05 12:13 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Raven,

Hey there!!!!

I've been on BC since I was about 13 for horrid periods. Runs in my fam...

Word of caution: BC's can carry side effects. For me I believ it stunts my, ahem, sex drive

Anyhow...you're def not alone, as you can see!

Feel better *big hugs"* Great having you around!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 845

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review