All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
What to do when the POWER goes out???
      #17341 - 08/15/03 04:11 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

You take the kids outside at 9:30 and watch the stars!!!!

What an exciting night. Madeline said she will remember it forever. You may think it was bad not to have power but I think it was a blessing from the Lord. We saw two "shooting stars" It was one of the clearest nights. We grabbed a blanket, got the girls out of bed since they weren't sleeping and just stared at the stars. The funnist thing is the the moon didn't come out until just before the power came on. We didn't have power until 10:30 pm. I wish we knew where to look for Mars. We probable saw it but I don't know for sure.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What to do when the POWER goes out??? new
      #17345 - 08/15/03 04:34 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

That is awesome you were able to have a special moment with your girls! I never saw a shooting star in WI, but my husband and I canoe in the boundary waters of Canada (about 11 years ago) and that is the only time I ever seen shooting stars. That is really cool you can experience that with your kids.
Glad your power is back and hope many people shared your attitude!

#17356 - 08/15/03 06:49 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I am glad to hear you are doing well. (I forgot you were in NY Sorry)

That is so nice that you could turn such an experience into a positive one! Making Memories in the Dark! LOL

Take care,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#17360 - 08/15/03 07:41 AM
andie18

Reged: 08/07/03

First of all, I am so impressed with how patient and calm people have been in both the US and up here in Canada through this crisis.

Also, I'm wondering how many births there will be 9 months from now..heehee

#17365 - 08/15/03 08:08 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Can you say BABY BOOM! LOL Very cute!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#17373 - 08/15/03 09:28 AM
torbetta

My husband said that last night. I told him maybe we should wait to have another child. When Meike was born I was kicked out of my room the day after I delivered and I had a difficult birth with her. I do not want to do that again.

#17374 - 08/15/03 09:30 AM
torbetta

You never get to see the meteor showers before? I remembered hearing something about there being one just recently. I think it was last week though. August seems to be the month to see them.

#17397 - 08/15/03 11:06 AM
beth2

Reged: 08/14/03
Loc: Maryland

August is definitly the month for them. I used to go camping every august and it was always amazing to see the meteors.

#17406 - 08/15/03 11:36 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Torbetta - I'm so glad you had a great power outage! I was wondering if it had affected you. Our power was fine here. You, HanSolo, and Andie were the only ones that I could think of from the boards that would have been involved. Again, glad you had a good time!

Re: What to do when the POWER goes out??? - and a question about hypno new
      #17471 - 08/15/03 03:12 PM
Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY

Hi Mags - Yea, we live where many lost power, but we personally did not. I was grateful for that because it is hot here and I didn't want to lose A/C, but Torbetta made me realize that you can find the good in just about any situation! We were actually just leaving the house to go school supply shopping when the power blinked off then on. When we got to Target, they were out of power so we picked out pens, pencils, and folders in limited lighting - my son thought that was pretty cool.
Let me ask, while I am posting, are you continuing to find the benefits of the hypno? Can you eat more things than you used to? I find I can and it continues to amaze me. I can even eat a few things with less problems now than I could a month ago when I finished the tapes. I find this such a wild thing. Just wondering how its going with you. Hopefully, very well!!
Andie

Re: What to do when the POWER goes out??? - and a question about hypno new
      #17479 - 08/15/03 04:19 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

OMG!! - I never thought about losing the A/C. Yuck! Thank goodness you didn't. Well, I am assuming it's as hot there as it is here. Actually the past 2 days haven't been too bad. They've been in the 90's but not as humid. That's what gets me.

Anyway, I have definitely still been seeing the benefits of the hypno. I don't think about the IBS as much when planning/doing things, which I love. Or even if I think I'm feeling touchy, I say to myself screw it and go out anyway. And so far only one time I felt a little panicky. But, that was during my period, so I don't really count it! It is amazing, honestly. If someone told me 6 months ago I'd feel this great now, I never would have believed it. Isn't it great!

Re: Speaking of A/C new
      #17493 - 08/15/03 07:13 PM
torbetta

I had just started making the peppermint fudge cake. I had all the dry ingrediants mixed and the oven on. I was so glad I hadn't finished. I quick turned off the oven. The bad news was the a/c had just kicked on minutes before so it was starting to get hot. We survived though. Makes you think about the old days without electricty, a/c, huh?

Andie glad you didn't lose power.

#17516 - 08/16/03 08:16 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Up in Northern Ontario , Canada we lost our power for about 12 hours. 4:15 p.m. till 4:30 a.m friday. During the day on friday it kept on surging. We were told no A/C,use no extra power and no wash machines to conserve water. It was pretty hot here as well,86-90 degrees. But nothing like spending a day in the water swimming! My family enjoyed the evening,catching up on whats new and different topics. the night was beautiful, dark and with lots of stars!! Also peacefully quiet!! Sue

Re: It is absolutely great! - nt- new
      #17531 - 08/16/03 01:55 PM
Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY

#17548 - 08/16/03 10:42 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Ugh, that sounds absolutely awful! My mom gave birth to each of the three of us kids at home with the help of midwives, and so she couldn't be "sent home"--she was already there! Plus I got to see both of my siblings being born (without major disruptions to my life--after all, I was still at home and could sleep through most of it), and plus it was cheaper than a hospital birth. When I have kids, I want to give birth at home. (Unless of course something goes wrong with my pregnancy, in which case any responsible midwife would refer me to an ob-gyn for a hospital birth.)

#17554 - 08/17/03 05:48 AM
torbetta

I would have had to have her at the hospital. We had some major problems. She wa, as one person put it, sunny side up, which stalls labor and causes backlabor. Her heart rate kept going down. Since my water broke they had to have me deliver within 24 hours. Since I wasn't dialting they wanted to do a c-section. I won't tell you how I avoided it but let me say I never want to go through that one again. She also lost weight the first two weeks after birth. It was a very stressful time. Can you tell why my IBS started then?

Madeline's birth was perfect with no problems. That one would have been great at home. I had a friend who has had all three of her's at home and is due the end of Sept. with number 4. I guess NY is pretty stict about midwives. There aren't really any in the area that will do home births. My friend's mom is a midwife and comes to stay with her until she delivers. Her mom lives in Illinois. So to the hospital we must go.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 709 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5293

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review