All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dogs
      #173366 - 04/25/05 07:45 AM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

I awoke this morning to the sound of my dog puking beside the bed. Ugh, the bathroom is about a foot from where she was standing. I tried to push her in there, but too late. When I got up to investigate I found that she threw up two other times, both NEAR tiled floor. I wish I could teach her not to do it on the carpet--it is so much easier to clean a tiled floor. When we buy a house--no carpet!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dogs new
      #173385 - 04/25/05 08:28 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yeah my dog is almost always kept downstairs where we only have hard floors! Cleaning carpet is a nightmare. Hope she feels better soon!

PS. My dog had D in his crate last night so I have plenty of sympathy.

Re: Dogs new
      #173387 - 04/25/05 08:50 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Actually, believe it or not, you can train your dog to throw up only on uncarpeted areas. My dog has IBS/GERD and threw up all the time her first year of life. Everytime she started to gag we rushed her to the bathroom or the kitchen. Eventually she got it and went there on her own. But I feel your pain- we have an entirely carpet free hous now, and it's great!

Thanks Linz new
      #173388 - 04/25/05 08:51 AM
stevensa

I think it's just something she ate (my wife gave her corn on the cob--not usually a problem though). She is pretty much her normal self & not too happy that I'm holding off on her food.

Hope your little guy is over his upset--having pets w/ D is no fun at all.

Makes sense new
      #173390 - 04/25/05 08:57 AM
stevensa

The only "problem" is that her accidents are really few & far between (thankfully), so I'm not sure that she'll get enough practice. But it really makes sense--as a puppy we always called her to us when she barked at outside noises & now she automatically comes to us when she goes into a barking fit.

Cats are no better at this skill set... new
      #173414 - 04/25/05 10:02 AM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I swear, my cats will rush toward the carpeted area when they feel a barf coming on.
Even now that, after 2 years of working toward a fabric-free house (with 5 cats, it's the way to go), there's only carpet or fabric of any kind in the bedroom- by gum if that's not where they go to ralph.
Ya gotta love em.

Re: Thanks Linz new
      #173546 - 04/25/05 01:48 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

He's on an NSAID to get a swelling on his elbow down and I think that did the mischief...I've split his tablets into two doses and am upping his SF intake so hopefully he'll be okay now. I gotta get some sleep tonight!

What is about my dogs getting what I have? Our old dog is on this diet and now Archie has a sensitive tum too!

It's true... new
      #173559 - 04/25/05 01:58 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hairballs, too. The other day Phaedra started hacking, and she was in the kitchen on the tile floor, and what did she do? Ran into the carpeted dining room, of course. Bless her little hairy hide.

Re: It's true... new
      #173565 - 04/25/05 02:13 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

It's pretty funny actually- and then there's that ever distinctive cat barfing sound, not unlike a plunger unplugging a stopped up toilet. Ive been awakened by it many a time. One in a while they even hurl IN the bed. And if they're beginning the process you dare not try to move them while in it, or you'll like as not get an arcing stream of cat barf cascading all the way across your bed, walls, floor, as they barf while jumping and running...
(sorry for the grossout)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1103

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review