All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Cat pics new
      #172611 - 04/22/05 08:43 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Okay, your cats are AWESOME! Especially Phaedra! I love the pic of her on the chair. We can learn a lot from cats, eh? No one can chill out like a cat.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I realized my cats were priceless when.... (long) new
      #172621 - 04/22/05 09:00 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

When Will and I met, I already had a kitty, here name was Coco. We lost her three years ago to intenstial cancer. She was almost 15. I got her when she was just a little kitten, I rescued her from an abusive house and loved her dearly. It broke my heart when she died in my arms. I buried her in my garden and talk to her often.

After she died, the house was to empty so WIll and I first got Chloe. We bought her from a patient of mine at my office. A couple of months later, we decided she needed a playmate and got Big Boy!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: I realized my cats were priceless when.... (long) new
      #172638 - 04/22/05 09:37 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Casey - I had to laugh when you said they sat with you in the bathroom. My cat, Suki, joins me in the bathroom daily. It's as if she knows that I am miserable and is there to comfort me!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

You all know I'm obsessed with my pups... :) new
      #172667 - 04/22/05 10:09 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I know I always post pics, but here are a couple more. Emeril takes the funniest pictures ever!! He has a hilarious personality, I laugh so much at him. Rocco is much more laid back.

Here's Emeril doing an Elvis impression (this is how he begs.....he puts his lip up and makes a growling noise)

This one cracks me up...

This is Rocco as a baby...

And Rocco now...

And finally - them together!

They are a handfull...I don't know how I'll handle a baby with them!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Cat allergies new
      #172678 - 04/22/05 10:39 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I actually am allergic to cats and I still have one, thankfully my allergies aren't too severe but I just found the therapeutic effects of having a pet far outway the sucky effects of the allergies (I'm allergic to dogs too). I take a lot of allergy medication and get a lot of sinus infections...but the cat is such a blessing that it's worth it

She is my baby! new
      #172679 - 04/22/05 10:40 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yep!

I don't want kids so I names my cat Sara, that's what I would have named a little girl.

I adore my cat so much. I love her to death! She's so playful and loving. She comes when I call her and she is very loyal. When I'm not feeling well she can tell and curls up beside me hours on end. Like last night. I wasn't feeling well so she slept with me for 2 hours. It made me feel a buit better having her pur next to me!

My pride and joy! new
      #172684 - 04/22/05 10:45 AM
Vicam

I love my cat so much! I was always a dog person and didn't know if I would really get to love a cat, but I just love my little guy to death. I've had him for about a year and a half, and he's great. He's super affectionate, always comes to greet me when I come home and snuggles with me in bed, and when I'm not feeling well he can tell and tries to comfort me. We got him from a shelter, we chose him because he was a polydactyl (which means he has more fingers than the average cat) and I didn't know if anyone else would adopt him. Plus, when we opened the cage door to look at him he immediately wrapped both arms around my bf's neck and gave him a hug!

I also had a dog when I was living at my parent's house...a big, huge bull mastiff! I loved him to death...he was the sweetest dog you would ever meet, all 150lb of him He woudl actually lay down on the floor with you and wrap his big arms around you to hug you...and when my mom was sick with cancer and in the hospital, he stayed by the back door waiting for her to come home for two weeks. He passed away right before I left home, and I still miss him

I'd love to post some pics but I can never figure it out...if someone wants to help me I'll post some pics!

Ruchie new
      #172686 - 04/22/05 10:47 AM
Vicam

I don't think there are any ways to make yourself not allergic to cats, but I have heard that allergy shots can be pretty effective in controlling the allergy, but you have to get them weekly as I recall.

For me, I just make sure we keep the apartment really clean, we've got a short-haired cat who we bath regularily (he doesn't really like that ), and we vacuum all the time to try and reduce the dander. I also bought these wipes at pet smart that are meant to "bath" the cat and reduce allergies...don't really know if they work but I figure they can't hurt.

Other than that, I think you just have to try it and see how it goes! I would definately go with a short-haired cat though so at least you'll have less hair to deal with

Pics of Rocky!! new
      #172694 - 04/22/05 11:00 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I signed up to photobucket so I could post pics of Rocky!! Yay!

Here's the one that I use as my background on my cell phone (yes, I show him off whenever I can )

Here he is sleeping on MY pillow...

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Awwww, I love your pics!!
      #172697 - 04/22/05 11:05 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

The pic of Phaedra is classic! What characters your cats are!!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1760 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 37376

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review