All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Dogs do that too! new
      #172576 - 04/22/05 07:53 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yeah, Archie doesn't get to sleep on our bed either. Jake was a terror when he was younger! Ruled my parents' house...we all called him "his highness"! I remember sleeping with Jake on my old bed at home...me with 6 inches of bed and no duvet and Jake with the rest!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I realized my cats were priceless when.... (long) new
      #172577 - 04/22/05 07:58 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Great cat story Casey! Sorry about all the hard times you've been through but isn't comforting to have out little furry babies there to comfort us through it all?

We have two cats, the first one is Chloe. She is a totally Daddy's girl and very tempermental. She likes to go outside and is a bit fiesty. She has a congential birth defect in her shoulder and has an awful limp but we still love her!

Our second baby is Mingus. Will named him that after the old guaiter player but we rarely actually call him that! LOL! We usually call him Big Boy! He looks fierce with his bottom fang sticking out of his lip but again, another congential birth defect! He is actually a LOVER and a player! But don't mix the loving and playing! When he is playing, he doesn't like to be petted! He has a very odd purr, sounds like his motor needs a tune-up! He slobbers a LOT becuase of the mouth deformation. He is partial to sleeping on my head and bringing me toys in the middle of the night! He is pretty much a big doofus! Not the smartest kitty in the litter but most definately the sweetiest and funniest! Here he is in his "pet my tummy" mode.

And her he is in a box, he LOVES to be IN things!! You can also see his fang a bit better here!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Cat allergies new
      #172579 - 04/22/05 08:01 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You know, I'm really not sure if anything can be done about cat allergies. I think some of it depends on how severe the allergies are, and how much you're willing to put up with to have a cat! My friend Ang is allergic, but only mildly so, and she's had at least 1 cat the entire time I've known her. On the other hand, my stepmother is SEVERELY allergic - she has asthma attacks around cats - but she still insists on having one... she just doesn't pet or snuggle it much, and that would just kill me. Cats need snuggles! She also goes through a LOT of Benadryl, but I'm not sure how much that helps.

As for pictures... here's a few. I picked some silly ones, because they're silly cats.

This is Phaedra... she loves to lay like this, on the back of my office chair.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this is Phoebe, learning how to use a fork (just kidding!)

Phoebe likes having her picture taken

Cats napping in the sun. Phaedra's on the left, Phoebe's on the right.

Re: Cat allergies new
      #172582 - 04/22/05 08:06 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Well...hubby isn't too fond of kitties. And I am pretty allergic. And to me...having a cat is all about the cuddling and playing. So....

I think I am just going to have to get a part time job (I'm looking for one!!!) at a PetSmart or something. So I can be around the cats without LIVING with them!!!!

Any additional ideas are much appreciated though!!!!

Casey...your cats are precious! Truly beautiful...and loads of fun!!!! Send them hugs and snuggles for me, ok?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I realized my cats were priceless when.... (long) new
      #172584 - 04/22/05 08:09 AM
Snow for Sarala

Sooooo much fun Michele!

How did you get your kitties? Before/after Will...or together?

Sooooo adorable...send them lots of playtime for me!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#172588 - 04/22/05 08:11 AM
Snow for Sarala

LOL How big is Jake Linz?

and how big is Archie these days?

I'm trying to picture Jake stealing the bed...LOL. We had two Chis for a while...one of them thought he was king. Would sleep on hubby's pillow...and had to be right next to me. VERY territorial (sucked the life outta you tho...)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#172590 - 04/22/05 08:14 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Jake's really short for a Spinger (about 18 inches high), but at his peak was about 49 pounds!

I think Archie is at least 42 pounds by now...and he's a bit taller than Jake. He's putting on so much weight but none of it's fat!

#172593 - 04/22/05 08:17 AM
Snow for Sarala

Last weighed, Shana weighed in at SIXTY FOUR lbs!!!!! We still can't believe it. And none of it's fat either!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Not sure what I did before Lacey new
      #172601 - 04/22/05 08:30 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I've wanted a cat ever since I was little, but my mom was not a huge pet fan. So naturally, with Lacey being my first cat, she is getting incredibly spoiled - and fat, as my BF pointed out last night.

She definitely does not like me doing anything other than petting her when I'm at home. And I know when it's 4:30-5:00am, because she decides at that time that I need to get up so I can pet her and feed her. But she also has been a lifesaver these past couple weeks as I've been going through a really rough patch so I wouldn't trade her for anything. Yesterday when I was having a paticularly rough morning, I went home during lunch specifically to snuggle with her because she always makes me feel so much better.

And the best part - no accidents! She's never had one since I got her.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Ok, guys, put your heads together... new
      #172610 - 04/22/05 08:41 AM
Snow for Sarala

How can I get a cat...and not be allergic?

Jennifer...hearing about Lacey and seeing those pics just makes me melt!

I have wanted a cat all my life...as long as I can rememeber. My cousin's have always had 5 cats and at least one dog! And i just LOVE kitties!

We had one for a week. And I was allergic (and the cat didn't like other animals...so she didnt' like shana very much...and she was mean to hubby...). I wish we could try again. My bod is def healthier.

Should I just give up and live vicariously through you guys...or should I make a plan of action and try again???

Thanks in advance for your input/ideas!

Love ya, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3691 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 37383

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review