All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
NEW TO THE BOARD..........
      #171278 - 04/19/05 05:59 AM
Robgrey

Reged: 04/19/05
Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Hello Everyone: I am new to the board and new to the diet..only a couple of days. After reading all the info. I am quite sure I have IBS. I tried Zelnorm, didn't work, made me sick. I think this diet is going to help me. I felt "different" inside-if that makes sense. I am amazed to find so many people have suffered from this since childhood as I have. I was always told "to relax, don't be so nervous." That's your problem! I am looking for "fun" things to drink though... the hardest thing for me is to give up and/or limit: soda, caffiene and beer. Any suggestions. I am glad I am not alone. Thanks, Heather and all of you out there. Robin.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: NEW TO THE BOARD.......... new
      #171287 - 04/19/05 06:49 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey there!

Have you been officially diagnosed with IBS by a GI doc? This is very important.

Good luck with the diet! Remember that, as you're C (I assume) you should only do the "breaking the cycle" diet for a few days max before adding IF in safely.

Do a search for drinks...this has come up loads before. Giving up soda and caffeine really is worth it tho. Cut the beers out for now, but when you're more stable, you might be able to have the odd one - I can now!

#171295 - 04/19/05 06:56 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome to the boards Robin!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#171301 - 04/19/05 07:06 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello Robin, Welcome to the boards!

You can make yourself some lemonaide or check the labels on some of those flavored waters you can buy now! The problem with pop and beer is the carbination, if you have issues with bloating and gas, you really need to try and give them up! I still drink wine once in a while and seem fine with that. If I get a craving for a pop that I just can't resist, I'll piur it into a glass and let it sit for an hour than add some ice so its cold again. This probably still isn't a good thing to do but I can get away with it every once in a while!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#171335 - 04/19/05 07:50 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Have you had a colonoscopy! It's the only way to get a true diagnosis of IBS. It's critical - IBS can mimic many other things.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1423 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 397

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review