All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
No news is good news, I think.... new
      #170303 - 04/16/05 01:38 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Still nothing at all. I had a really bad nights sleep and today I think it's finally hit the kids that they're not going to see him for a while cause they were AWFUL! Mum and Dad were over so they got to see Jacinta at her usual. She literally screamed for 8 hours almost without stopping. Even Mum thinks something might be wrong with her she screams so much!
Phil's brother went to Kapooka (it's for 6 weeks Ruchie, then if he decides to go full time he'll have to go for another 4 a bit later on, I think about a fortnight after he gets back) and he said if it's only sprained that he'll be put on light duties for a couple of days but he'll be watched so no chance of a phone call and that if it was broken the army would have called to tell me he was coming home. So I'm thinking it was a sprain. It's just so hard to feel so disconnected from someone you love and have seen pretty much every day for so long. Thanks guys. I needed the comfort!

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

at this point no news is good news! new
      #170312 - 04/16/05 05:00 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

do you know where he is? some military wives I know aren't even sure what country their spouse is in at a given moment... obviously its not life threatening, I'm sure if it was you'd know a lot more.. and hopefully he'll be fine, even a broken wrist can be recovered from- he'll just get to come home with a cast on for 6-8 weeks or something...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Yay! He called today! new
      #170466 - 04/16/05 09:07 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Day 5 today, turns out it's a sprain and he's also managed to pull a hamstring Otherwise he's doing well and will be staying (can't decide which, he he). I actually got to talk to him for about 10 minutes this morning which was really nice. Sigh, 40 more days to go. Thanks for all the hugs and support guys, I really needed them.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Yay! He called today! new
      #170472 - 04/16/05 09:22 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Thank goodness you heard from him, and that his injury isn't more serious! I know being apart is hard, but hopefully that's a *little* load off your mind. *hugs*

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3453 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 867

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review