All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Wheres the pain?
      #169662 - 04/13/05 03:21 PM
Bobster

Reged: 04/21/04
Loc: tampa, fl.

Hi, I hope this is the right forum for this question. If you have pain, where does it hurt? For me, it hurts from the bottom of my belly button, down about 1-11/2 inches. When im having a painful bowel movement, i gently rub that area. It does help a little. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wheres the pain? new
      #169673 - 04/13/05 03:42 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Mine was always in my upper left side sometimes the right side would hurt to. I hope your feeling better soon!
Hugs

--------------------
Heather7476

#169706 - 04/13/05 05:21 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Mine is usually on the lower left side and it is kind of a knifing pain. I rub it in a clockwise motion and often will use a heating pad.

#169708 - 04/13/05 05:23 PM
celestial7381

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Everett, Washington

I get my pain right in the center of my stomach. You can massage it, but if you ever get a massage done professionally do not have them rub it because they will really bring the symtoms on because they really get down into the stomach. I learned that when I was in massage school. So know one was allowed to touch me there because everyone in the class knew I have ibs. I told them because they were all understanding.

#169725 - 04/13/05 07:15 PM
Bobster

Interesting... anyone else?

Everywhere! new
      #169745 - 04/13/05 09:57 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

It depends on the day, I get pain a lot that feels like a gastro bug coming on, usually below the belly button and under the tailbone.
I also get pain that feels like I'm being stabbed in my left and right hand sides accompanied by weird swelling on each side where the pain is.
Then when I have a major attack I get a lot of pain under my ribcage that starts in the centre front and gradually moves until it joins at the back. This one moves down slowly till I finally go to the loo a few hours later and then the next day it's sore.
Hope this helps. I can't tolerate massages at all so I just use antispasmodics and heat packs.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Everywhere! new
      #169809 - 04/14/05 07:35 AM
Bobster

It seems that many of us are out there with these problems. Im not trying to be too graphic, but I must be specific sometimes. I was not aware that different people have pain in different areas. Mine is always just below my belly button. And after a few terrible days with multible painfully bowel movements, It feels like my bowels become inflammed. My rectum begins to hurt and become sore then. I wonder if the pain in my stomach is from gas or air somehow trapped. I dont know, i feel like im shooting darts in the dark, trying to figure it out. When the pain starts and begins to escalate, I feel my mind trying to leave my body. I cant do anything but pray for relief. I feel like im on a terrible drug trip and have no control. Its very scary to me.

#169815 - 04/14/05 07:55 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Depends on the day. Sometimes I get sharp stabbing pains which I attribute to gas. Most mornings when I get up, I have pain very low, just above my pubic hair kinda thing. This usually mostly goes away after I go potty. My bottom gets so sore that I have baby wipes next to the toliet and always use them instead of TP when at home. When I get into a bad pain flare-up it starts low and goes up, lots of pressure and swelling. My belly bloats like 6 inches in a couple of hours. It feels like there is an elephant sitting on my tummy. The pressure goes all the way up, to the point that wearing a bra becomes impossible. Rubbing or massage it??? NO WAY!!! Can't even stand to have clothes on let alone someone touch me!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#169867 - 04/14/05 09:51 AM
Bobster

Its funny how we have different pains in different areas. I sure wish we could figure this stuff out. What a wonderful world it would be..

#169941 - 04/14/05 01:17 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I get my pain right in the center of my stomach. You can massage it, but if you ever get a massage done professionally do not have them rub it because they will really bring the symtoms on because they really get down into the stomach. I learned that when I was in massage school. So know one was allowed to touch me there because everyone in the class knew I have ibs. I told them because they were all understanding.

That is very interesting.....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2623 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2557

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review