All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
hello I just joined today
      #169084 - 04/11/05 08:07 PM
ouchmytummy

Reged: 04/11/05

Hello everyone, I've been using this site for a while now, mostly just noting trigger foods for IBS so as to avoid tummy pains but starving doesn't feel much better either... I would love to talk to someone who knows a lot about IBS and just ask a ton of questions, if anyone is up for it reply whichever way is more convenient for you, here's my email saveourrain@hotmail.com, my name is Sarah by the way, thanks for reading !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: hello I just joined today new
      #169103 - 04/11/05 10:18 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

Hello Sarah, welcome to the boards, there are a lot of people on here who have lots of knowledge about all the many faces of IBS. Ask away with questions you are bound to get lots of helpful hints. You will also get a lot out of just browsing the boards!
Ralph

Hi, Welcome. new
      #169105 - 04/11/05 10:22 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,
Welcome to the boards - I'm sure a lot of us would be more than willing to answer as many of your questions as we can.
My first advice would be to post your questions on the IBS Diet board, not the Living Room.
We usually use the Living Room for other stuff, and the IBS Diet gets more advice about IBS Diet and all that other good stuff.
If you post over there, I'll get my butt over there and reply and I'm sure it'll get seen and replied to more over there too.
Good luck, and welcome again!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#169107 - 04/11/05 10:34 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Welcome Sarah,

You'll get a wealth of support here and find these message boards are one of your biggest saviours.

There are so many friendly, compassionate people here who understand EXACTLY how you feel. I remember I burst into tears the first time I read a post from someone as I felt like they were reading my mind or something and it's so nice to feel supported and understand by others with similiar experiences.

Any questions you have, ask away and you'll be surprised at the number of helpful responses you will get.

I also suggest going to each of the boards and reading the info sheets which are "stuck" (with the little red pin icon) at the top of each one. There are heaps of helpful ideas there.

Best of luck,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Hi Sarah! new
      #169122 - 04/12/05 02:58 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Welcome to the boards. If you have any specific things you want to know try using the search button at the top of the screen and do it for all the posts not just for the last weeks or something. We all have IBS so we all know how you're feeling and empathise a lot! It's no fun at all. Use the diet boards for any food related questions or query's about meds, food, triggers etc. In the living room we mostly chat about the rest of our lives and what we're up to, if we've seen something funny that day etc. Glad to have you here and I look forward to getting to know you

--------------------
Amy

#169156 - 04/12/05 06:37 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Hi Sarah.
Alot of good info out here hah?
The people on this board have many years of personal experience with IBS, and they are very knowledgeable.
They are great.
Are you IBS-C or D?

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

#169161 - 04/12/05 07:01 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

HI Sarah! Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask questions anytime. You will get alot of responses. Diet questions would be better answered on the eating board as this is a laid back chatty room! Looking forward to chatting with you!

#169190 - 04/12/05 08:38 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and Welcome!! I think you will find that you'll get a lot of responses if you just post your questions!! If you have something to ask that you don't feel comfortable posting here (remember, we talk about most everything you wouldn't in "polite" converstaion! ) feel free to email me! michelebrake@sbcglobal.net

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Welcome Sarah! -nt- new
      #169246 - 04/12/05 10:58 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
-Sheri

Hey Sarah! new
      #169465 - 04/13/05 05:31 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Welcome!

Um, I'm not sure what your questions are, so if you don't want to post them here (which will get you LOADS of replies, not just one), then my email is lindseyquarrie@homail.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1288 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 787

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review