All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Doc appointment update for Kandee, Ruchie....
      #166727 - 04/04/05 01:26 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Well my blood tests for thyroid disease came up normal, so I don't have hypothyroid. Which is good I suppose, but doesn't get me anywhere. From my list of symptoms my doc is wondering whether I have a hormone imbalanace, so am getting MORE blood tests.

If they're normal she says there really is nothing left, so I'm likely to be suffering from system breakdown - one thing is leading to another - I'm fatigued, depressed and fuzzy headed simply from the stress of IBS.

Which doesn't help me much, but if I can know for sure there is nothing wrong with me except for the IBS, perhaps it'll reduce the anxiety (which comes hand in hand with compulsive eating! urgh nasty) and can focus more clearly on simply watching what I eat, and making sure I get enough exercise. If I could feel a little more energetic and happy I just know my bloat wouldn't be so bad.

Sounds simple enough......... now its a matter of DOING it!

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

That's great Chrissy. new
      #166731 - 04/04/05 03:10 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hope you don't mind. I peeked
I'm glad nothings going on with your thyroid. Over active thyroids run in my family so I have to have a blood test every 5 years or so just to make sure nothings going on with it (especially when I get sick and lose heaps of weight). I'll hope that your next set come back clear too so you can concentrate on getting better. Isn't it wonderful how IBS makes you so exhausted I'm really struggling with being so tired all the time. Hope you start feeling better soon and keep us updated!

--------------------
Amy

Re: That's great Chrissy. new
      #166751 - 04/04/05 04:50 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Glad your thyroid's okay? Is fibro not an option with you for some reason? I'm just wondering cos it's like IBS -they rule everything else out and then say "well I guess you must have this!"

have you considered.... new
      #166900 - 04/04/05 12:02 PM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

..candida?! Only because the symptoms you describe sound similar to mine? The fuzzy head one esp. I used to eat SO much refined sugar and junk food, my immune system has always been crap, so its no wonder my body is telling me to stop!! Hence the bloating and gas, IBS is a symptom of candida......?! Maybe - who knows?!

Fibro new
      #167070 - 04/04/05 09:07 PM
Taylahmai

Well Liz, I gave the doc allll my symptoms and she didn't seem to think it sounded enough like fibro. Sigh I don't know, how achey do you have to be? How tired do you have to be? I have a constant dull ache in my back, but its not painful. I feel tired all day, but not tired enough to fall asleep at my desk (I used to be like that!).

Thats the problem with these 'syndromes' there's no definative tests. If the doc doesn't think I have it should I just leave it at that? I'm guessing there isn't much to treat fibro is there? I mentioned my sleep patterns are really poor - I'll wake up at least once a night to go to the loo because my bloat prevents my bladder from expanding enough - and usually once I'm awake I take a little while to go back to sleep. So she's prescribed me a med thats meant to 1) mildly sedate me, 2) alleviate my back aches, 3) relax my bladder and encourage more water absorption and 4) help with the depression (who'd have thought one drug could do so much!!)

I haven't started taking it yet, I don't know if I will as I HATE meds.

Anyway sorry, got off the track a bit. Do you think I should chase up the fibro more? Or just see whether the meds improve my fatigue, back ache and cloudy head?

--------------------

Yep I have..... new
      #167078 - 04/04/05 09:31 PM
Taylahmai

Hey Nik! Yep I've known I have candida for months now, going sugar free worked a treat, but I've been sneaking in too much chocolate and red wine lately. So perhaps thats whats causing a lot of my symptoms. Starting today I'm on my GF, DF and YF (yeast free) diet. Perhaps it will make all the difference?

How are you feeling now that you're sugar free?

--------------------

Re: That's great Chrissy. new
      #167079 - 04/04/05 09:37 PM
Taylahmai

Thanx Amy I think my problem is just simply exhaustion. Being sick is so tiring!! But I guess you could say to me 'try being sick AND having ankle biters (kiddies)!' Haaa haaa, I don't know how you do it, I'm very impressed.

--------------------

Total mental break down on an hourly basis.... new
      #167087 - 04/04/05 11:13 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

he, he. As I'm typing Miss 5 is having a major tantrum, Jacinta is baiting her and Isabelle's throwing lego all over the house. As I said, I'm really ready for total meltdown, just smile and tell myself one day they'll have their own

--------------------
Amy

Re: Fibro new
      #167103 - 04/04/05 11:56 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well it's sounds like you're on the right track. I'm guessing that the med she's given you is a tricyclic antidepressant like amitriptyline (Elavil) - that's the standard "first try" for Fibro anyway!

Poor sleep is pretty typical for Fibro. And pain/fatigue levels vary so much. Back ache is often one of the first problems (it was for me) as you can get so many trigger points, tender points and plain ol' knots in there! IMHO I think it's pretty likely you've got it, but as there isn't a definitive treatment (and your doc's going in the right direction anyway) there might not be much point in you pursuing it at this time. You might just want to casually research it a bit at a time...and keep it in mind in case you have more problems down the line.

Fyi, I find Valerian pretty helpful for the sleep as well.

Re: Total mental break down on an hourly basis.... new
      #167376 - 04/05/05 06:21 PM
Taylahmai

Hee hee a mothers revenge

Hang in there!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3597 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1394

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review