All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Did you know that.......
      #164421 - 03/27/05 08:33 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

they no longer have baked potatoes at TGI Friday's? (for some of you who don't know, TGI Friday's is a restraunt).

So it's my DH's birthday on Friday and he picked where he would like to go for dinner. He picks Friday's. Meanwhile I'm having a terrible IBS D day (ovulation cause it for me every month BIG TIME!) I'm thinking Ok, TGI Friday's is a ok place for me to go to, they have baked potatoes. The waiter comes up takes our order and I ask for a plain one and he informs me they don't have them anymore!!! I looked at him and he must have thought I was nuts when I said Okayyyyy, then I'll have nothing. Yes, I guess I could have gotten some kind of plain grilled chicken but the way I felt I just wanted to pick at a bake potatoe. Uggggghhhh, the horrors we must put up with

Just thought I'd share this with everyone who eats there.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

What the heck?!? new
      #164429 - 03/27/05 08:43 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Lisa, sorry to hear that you were not feeling well. I hope you're doing better today. I had no idea that TGI Friday's got rid of baked potatoes. What is up with that? I wonder of the ones in NY have done the same.

In any event, have a Happy Easter!

--------------------

Re: What the heck?!? new
      #164434 - 03/27/05 08:51 AM
LittleLisa

I know!!!!!!!!! The nerve of them! Don't they know IBS people depend on them????

Thank you, I am feeling somewhat better. Seems to be lasting a couple days though. Maybe some Easter Ham will cure it?!!

You have a nice Easter too Tommy!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

That is the resturant new
      #164468 - 03/27/05 11:27 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I was at when my car was broken into a few weeks ago!! I gusse it is just our place go to Lisa!!! LOL

Sorry you had such a bummer of a night!! How can they not serve Baked Potatoes!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

I'm wondering .... new
      #164605 - 03/28/05 06:17 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

if this doesn't have something to do with all the people on low-carb diets.

What's next? Removing bread? Not everyone wants to eat meat, cheese and bacon!!!!

It still cracks me up to be in a restaurant and hear someone say, "Oh, no, I can't have a potato or bread" ---and then they eat a huge steak, sitting in a pool of butter, and a big salad, topped with thick, fattening dressing!

Who are these people kidding?

I can't beleive that one! new
      #164608 - 03/28/05 06:34 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I hope they don't do it here- TGIF is one of the places I consider safe... they have potatoes and a pasta in tomato/balsamic sauce wiht chicken breast that is yummy.. and a plain chicken breast if ordered!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Did you know that....... new
      #164709 - 03/28/05 11:13 AM
abuss

Reged: 01/13/05
Loc: Lake Crystal, MN

Have you checked to see if there is anywhere on their website to leave a comment??? Maybe if enough people complain, they would bring them back. Potatoes are so cheap, it wouldn't kill them to keep them on their menu.

Re: Did you know that....... new
      #164758 - 03/28/05 01:49 PM
LittleLisa

Well I believe they replaced the baked potatoe with some kind of mashed potatoes with funky stuff in them. Scalions and stuff so I wouldn't be able to eat them either!

BL you are so right though about the carbs and then people eating a huge steak and having a pina colada or margarietta>
defeats the whole purpose!

I'm still in shock about it. Hello? Don't you use potatoes to make mashed potatoes? What's the big deal with just putting a whole potatoe in the microwave????? Or maybe, just maybe they are using "instant mashed potatoes for that item on their menu??? hmmmmmmm I'm actually going there again on Friday with my girlfriends.(glutten for punishment I guess) I'm just gonna have to speak my mind won't I? Hopefully though that night I'll be able to eat a Turkey Club which is usally a safe item for me (minus the lettuce)

I'll fill ya all in!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: That is the resturant new
      #164759 - 03/28/05 01:51 PM
LittleLisa

Oh Heather that just stinks! What the heck were they after? Did they take anything valuable?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Lisa new
      #164778 - 03/28/05 02:24 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

UMM They got my Digital camrea, cell phone, cd's, cd player, sun glasses and some money! I only got enough to replace the camrea from the insurance company! BLAAAAAA
Like Four cars got broken into that night between TGIF and Joes crab shack across the street. JERKS!!! LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3947 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1369

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review