All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Did you know that.......
      #164421 - 03/27/05 08:33 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

they no longer have baked potatoes at TGI Friday's? (for some of you who don't know, TGI Friday's is a restraunt).

So it's my DH's birthday on Friday and he picked where he would like to go for dinner. He picks Friday's. Meanwhile I'm having a terrible IBS D day (ovulation cause it for me every month BIG TIME!) I'm thinking Ok, TGI Friday's is a ok place for me to go to, they have baked potatoes. The waiter comes up takes our order and I ask for a plain one and he informs me they don't have them anymore!!! I looked at him and he must have thought I was nuts when I said Okayyyyy, then I'll have nothing. Yes, I guess I could have gotten some kind of plain grilled chicken but the way I felt I just wanted to pick at a bake potatoe. Uggggghhhh, the horrors we must put up with

Just thought I'd share this with everyone who eats there.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

What the heck?!? new
      #164429 - 03/27/05 08:43 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Lisa, sorry to hear that you were not feeling well. I hope you're doing better today. I had no idea that TGI Friday's got rid of baked potatoes. What is up with that? I wonder of the ones in NY have done the same.

In any event, have a Happy Easter!

--------------------

Re: What the heck?!? new
      #164434 - 03/27/05 08:51 AM
LittleLisa

I know!!!!!!!!! The nerve of them! Don't they know IBS people depend on them????

Thank you, I am feeling somewhat better. Seems to be lasting a couple days though. Maybe some Easter Ham will cure it?!!

You have a nice Easter too Tommy!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

That is the resturant new
      #164468 - 03/27/05 11:27 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I was at when my car was broken into a few weeks ago!! I gusse it is just our place go to Lisa!!! LOL

Sorry you had such a bummer of a night!! How can they not serve Baked Potatoes!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

I'm wondering .... new
      #164605 - 03/28/05 06:17 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

if this doesn't have something to do with all the people on low-carb diets.

What's next? Removing bread? Not everyone wants to eat meat, cheese and bacon!!!!

It still cracks me up to be in a restaurant and hear someone say, "Oh, no, I can't have a potato or bread" ---and then they eat a huge steak, sitting in a pool of butter, and a big salad, topped with thick, fattening dressing!

Who are these people kidding?

I can't beleive that one! new
      #164608 - 03/28/05 06:34 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I hope they don't do it here- TGIF is one of the places I consider safe... they have potatoes and a pasta in tomato/balsamic sauce wiht chicken breast that is yummy.. and a plain chicken breast if ordered!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Did you know that....... new
      #164709 - 03/28/05 11:13 AM
abuss

Reged: 01/13/05
Loc: Lake Crystal, MN

Have you checked to see if there is anywhere on their website to leave a comment??? Maybe if enough people complain, they would bring them back. Potatoes are so cheap, it wouldn't kill them to keep them on their menu.

#164758 - 03/28/05 01:49 PM
LittleLisa

Well I believe they replaced the baked potatoe with some kind of mashed potatoes with funky stuff in them. Scalions and stuff so I wouldn't be able to eat them either!

BL you are so right though about the carbs and then people eating a huge steak and having a pina colada or margarietta>
defeats the whole purpose!

I'm still in shock about it. Hello? Don't you use potatoes to make mashed potatoes? What's the big deal with just putting a whole potatoe in the microwave????? Or maybe, just maybe they are using "instant mashed potatoes for that item on their menu??? hmmmmmmm I'm actually going there again on Friday with my girlfriends.(glutten for punishment I guess) I'm just gonna have to speak my mind won't I? Hopefully though that night I'll be able to eat a Turkey Club which is usally a safe item for me (minus the lettuce)

I'll fill ya all in!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: That is the resturant new
      #164759 - 03/28/05 01:51 PM
LittleLisa

Oh Heather that just stinks! What the heck were they after? Did they take anything valuable?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Lisa new
      #164778 - 03/28/05 02:24 PM
heather7476

UMM They got my Digital camrea, cell phone, cd's, cd player, sun glasses and some money! I only got enough to replace the camrea from the insurance company! BLAAAAAA
Like Four cars got broken into that night between TGIF and Joes crab shack across the street. JERKS!!! LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Lisa new
      #164789 - 03/28/05 03:37 PM
LittleLisa

Yikes...they made out like bandits! How can the insurance company justify just paying out what the camera was worth! Ughhhh and we pay soooo much in car insurance and sometimes NEVER use it and that's how they repay you???

Scam!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#164799 - 03/28/05 04:34 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Go to the website and complain..maybe if enough do it, they will bring them back?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Tell me about it!! new
      #164803 - 03/28/05 04:48 PM
heather7476

I had a 500.00 dollar ductable and then after they depricated everything my 1'100.00 claim was worth 364.00 dollars!! I am switching insurance companys SOON!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Yes, it is the Atkins people's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #165188 - 03/30/05 06:32 AM
BL

I just wanted to share my recent TGI Friday's experience.

We were out of town Monday night and guess where my husband and son wanted to eat? TGI Fridays! (I forgot that this is where LittleLisa said they no longer have baked potatoes!) I'm doing Weight Watchers, as well as trying to be IBS safe, and I thought to myself, "How hard can this be?"

Well, the menu actually grossed me out! Everything was so high fat. Most dishes, including the grilled chicken ones, were sitting in butter and topped with cheese. The potatoes are now "loaded"---filled with butter, milk, onions, cheese---and bacon, if requested. I looked for shrimp---and even it was batter and fried.

I told the waitress I was trying to find something low fat and she said exactly what I told my husband she would say----

"Oh, we have a whole page of Atkins choices."

I WANTED TO SCREAM! I know she thought I was rude, but I said, "Atkins is the most fattening food in the world you can eat---and it's horrible for you. I'm looking for something low in fat."

She looked at me like she had no clue what I was talking about!

After I questioned her about the fried shrimp, she finally tells me I can have the shrimp grilled, if I wanted it that way. I asked for a baked potato (and she says, "We don't have those." Of course, I wanted to scream, "We have those Atkins people to blame for that!"

I finally get her to admit they have rice and grilled veggies (it was like pulling teeth to get this info out of her.)

So I get grilled shrimp, rice and mixed vegetables, and (no bread----goodness, we wouldn't want to make those Atkins followers fat!)

And the nerve of the restaurant---they charge me extra for this.

Why is it that if you eat HEALTHY you have to pay more? No wonder the majority of people in the US are fat!!!

Sorry, but I do think the restaurants are following the Atkins trend. When is this Atkins thing ever going to go away?

Re: Yes, it is the Atkins people's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #165192 - 03/30/05 06:36 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Grrr! It's human nature though...tell most dieters that the best way to lose weight is to eat all their favourite fatty foods and they're gonna take ALOT of convincing to eat differently!

I just emailed the company to complain---nt--- new
      #165193 - 03/30/05 06:44 AM
BL

#165195 - 03/30/05 06:59 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

*HUG* this seems to happen a lot.. I no longer see "healthy choice" or heart healthy sections on most menus- instead its an atkins section.. I can't imagine eating that way and even DH who eats much less carbs then me would never eat that type of fatty stuff!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#165206 - 03/30/05 07:39 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'd like to ring the necks of those stupid Atkins people. It's so dangerous to your health I can't believe it's still around! I had cousins with IBS that were actually following it. Needless to say, I whipped them into shape and got them on Heather's diet.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

LOL and I know what you mean!!! new
      #165413 - 03/30/05 02:19 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I wanted a low fat dressing at Subway and I got the "this is low carb"! I was pretty cranky back. I thought low carb was going "out" this year according to the new year lists. Rachael Ray was on Today today and had these low carb meals which she went on and on about being healthy. I am sorry but cheeseburger salad is not healhty! I wish people would get that straight; low carb doesn't mean healthy (unless you are 500 pounds and better lose quick before you have a heartattack); it only means lower in calories and possibly will cause weight loss if everything else you eat is the same. It is all about increasing meat and decreasing the usual customary fillers. I think it is the meat industry doing this. (conspiracy theory)

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

anti atkins new
      #165420 - 03/30/05 02:32 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

[rant]I am soo anti atkins. A few friends did it but for special occasions. I would miss rice, fruits etc too much. Its madness. Clog your arteries and weigh less, in your coffin when you get your heart attack.

I advocate a low fat healthy diet with lots of fruit and veg, wholegrains and bad stuff in moderation. ANYTHING that is very extreme is not going to work, mostly because people will not be able to stick to it, let alone the health risks of eating like that. [/rant]

Lets not even get into how Dr Atkins himself died

--------------------
S.

Re: anti atkins new
      #165467 - 03/30/05 04:02 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Lol, I tell people I'm on the anti-Atkins diet, especially people like my boss who is on the Atkins diet (he's lost some weight that he really needed to, but he's been on it for over a year....).

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: You go BL! new
      #165474 - 03/30/05 04:12 PM
LittleLisa

I'm going to Friday's again on Friday with some friends and I plan to ask them #1 how they make their mashed potatoes? Instant would not be a good answer so if they tell me with potatoes I'm gonna say "then how come you can't stick a baked potatoe in the microwave and give me that

I'll let everyone know how I make out!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 507 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1367

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review