All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: 2 DAYS until the big move.... new
      #164121 - 03/25/05 05:03 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I've been
a) getting a new job
b) adopting a new cat
c) preparing for 2 concerts and a trip to Toronto, all to happen in April.
Good stress, all, but stress nonetheless. Had a little head cold in there too, but thanks to the wondrous neti pot, it proved minor.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#164142 - 03/25/05 06:19 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Paula, you have been busy. My goodness!

What's your new job? How's your new kitty? And have you ever been to Toronto before?

#164143 - 03/25/05 06:21 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Tina, sorry I have not had a chance to respond. Good luck with your move. This is all for the best. Ii am pulling for you and hope you have a wonderful life in your new place. You're a great girl and deserve the world!

--------------------

#164148 - 03/25/05 06:27 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Tommy. You're so sweet.

New job, new family member new
      #164150 - 03/25/05 06:31 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

The new job won't start till August, but I was officially hired this week. It's the position of "director of choral activities" at a really big suburban Lutheran church outside of Milwaukee. I'll be directing the adult choir, the bell choir, and developing the children's/youth choir programs. I'm quite excited about it. It feels like a real good fit. So I've been dragging out all my church choir books and resources to begin to brush up on that stuff- I've been out of the church loop for 5 years. I was sort of forced to look for a new position because my position at the high school at which I teach has been cut because of drops in $$ and enrollment, but all's well that ends well. I think this is gonna be a good thing.
New kitty- her name is "Sunday"- is doing very well, and the entire zoo is doing pretty well in adapting to her presence. She's figured out the box, and she's slowly establishing relationships with the other cats. She epecially likes Maurice(the big grey cat in the picture).
I have been to Toronto once before, but in the same context in which I'm going this time- that's with 150 high school kids on several busses, to participate in an international music competition. We don't get too much time sightseeing; we'll be going with the kids to see "Wicked", getting to do a couple other touristy things (a mall or the Royal museum, I believe, are the kids' choices- of course, we have to keep their free time fairly structured), then doing the competition. It sounds like a trip to hell on gossamer wings, but it's really kinda fun. I like my students.
Plus two concerts. I won't bore you with those details unless you want to know more.

my names ashley too new
      #164174 - 03/25/05 08:25 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi im new to posting around these boards
my name is ashley too and i have that same quote on my desktop!! i love vangogh!! just wanted to say hi!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#164188 - 03/25/05 09:54 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hi Tina - I'm a little bit late with this but I'm wishing you all the best of luck with your move!! I really am so very happy for you, and proud of how strong you are. It's impressive, do you know that girl??

Don't stress it, take it a day at a time, and let all that good fortune just roll in for ya' 'cause it's your time to shine! Hugs and love to you - I'll be thinking of you!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#164212 - 03/26/05 03:32 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Amber. I am stronger than I thought I was. This is a great confidence booster! I feel like if I can do this then there isn't much that I can't do.

I will take it one day at a time. That's very good advice.

Re: New job, new family member new
      #164213 - 03/26/05 03:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Your new job sounds great! Sounds challenging though but challenges keep life exciting a new! I'm glad you were able to find a new job so quickly. Sorry that your position was cut.

Sunday! What a name! Hey why not! I'm glad that the others are acepting Sunday. I hope my kitty adjusts well to her new home.

You will have your hands full in Toronto. Oh my gosh! best of luck to you. I hope you'll have some assistance and it won't just be you and your students?

Take care Paula. I'll be away from the boards for a few days. Busy, busy!

Re: my names ashley too new
      #164214 - 03/26/05 03:38 AM
Sara-Sage

Hey Ashley! I love that name!

Welcome.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 484 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10195

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review