All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Hi all. Hoping the real me might be back soon.
      #163495 - 03/23/05 06:44 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Sorry I haven't been posting guys. Have been dealing with tummy issues, my doctor, issues about the vega test that my naturopath did (I'm angry, apparantly there are moves all through the medical community to have this test banned as it has no merit and has been discredited no end), kid issues (they've been driving me nuts!) DH issues (found out that even for the army reserves he has to go away for 12 weeks training and the regular army which has HEAPS more benefits only requires 12 weeks so have been having major career talks) and apparantly depression. I've been feeling really down the last few weeks and really angry. I've been yelling at my family, my friends, my children and it got so no one wanted to be around me I talked to my GP about it today and he's put me on a low dose AD to help with anxiety (I also couldn't sit still for more than 2 minutes so read posts all day but couldn't sit long enough to reply)so I'm hoping soon I will be me again (me is usually happy and pretty much care free). I've also made some discoveries about some of my intolerances to sacilites (sp?) and/or amines and will probably go through a proper elimination diet with the hospital soon. Lactose may be a big problem and that way I'll learn what to aviod or cut down on to be my healthiest. So just wanted to say hi and explain why I hadn't done a whole lot of posting/replying the last few days. Glad most of us seem to be doing well and big hugs to all who aren't.

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi all. Hoping the real me might be back soon. new
      #163550 - 03/24/05 01:55 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Don't apologize... you have a lot going on! Hope things settle down for you soon... thinking of ya!

#163561 - 03/24/05 02:27 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Amy
Sounds like it has been a tough time for you, thinking of you and hope it all works out

--------------------
S.

hey amy.... new
      #163571 - 03/24/05 02:40 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I was gona post and see how you are I was worried about you. Im sorry things arent going too well....I hope things pick up soon...all this diet change and everything will be messing up your normal routine so its no wonder you're finding things hard, Im sure things will settle down...tell those kids of yours to behave from me....aunty natalie orders....you need pampering girl I swear. I cant imagine dealing with screaming kids, ibs, etc etc what a nightmare....you are doing amazing! We're all here if you need to vent...take care and keep letting us know how its going.

((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

--------------------
Natalie

#163588 - 03/24/05 03:28 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Amy, it sounds like a lot has been going on with you lately. I hope you start to feel better real soon. I never like to see good people like yourself struggling through things. You're such a good person Amy. Sending good thoughts to my friend down under.

--------------------

#163591 - 03/24/05 03:50 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Amy, oh no, I'm so sorry that you're feeling depressed. There seems to be a lot of that right now.

Things will get better and I wish you the best.

Big hugs, Amy!~

{{HUGS}} new
      #163624 - 03/24/05 05:48 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I think we all get like that sometimes - I certainly do!

Are you still cutting out sugar or have you given up on that? Cos I made another batch of cereal bars and using applesauce is defintely possible...the ones I made with half the amount of honey and then applesauce were so yummy!

Sweetie!!! new
      #163628 - 03/24/05 06:21 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

BIG HUGE HUGS!!!! I know what you mean about being yourself again! The meds will hopefully help you get there they have helped me a great deal!! E mail me anytime!! I am so sorry things have been so rough for ya!!! Your an amazing women sweetie!!!!!
BIG HUGE HUGS!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Amy new
      #163644 - 03/24/05 06:49 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Sorry you are having such a difficult time. When it rains, it pours. You have a lot going on now. I surely can relate to depression. As you know, I deal with that, on and off. It is no fun---kind of like a beast that appears out of nowhere and takes the joy out of your life.

I'm glad your doctor started you on an AD. Hang in there, for some of those take awhile to kick in. Hopefully, you will be back to your chipper self again soon!

Thinking of you. ((((Big hug))))

Re: Even more hugs.... new
      #163669 - 03/24/05 07:55 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Take care of yourself and feel better soon! Lots of hugs, ALicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Sorry to hear about your rough time. Hope it gets better soon. -nt- new
      #163708 - 03/24/05 09:35 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

Oy, I feel like a zombie! new
      #163847 - 03/24/05 05:55 PM
doubletrouble

Thanks guys. I guess I didn't really know what was wrong till I talked to my doctor about it. I thought I was just hyper or something. Linz I can't find that recipie but if you can I'd love it! I'm not sugar free any more. My doc said there's no need to be, however that being said I'm not o'ding. Just half a teaspoon in my decaf tea etc and if it happens to be in a jar of sauce that's okay too, just not too much of it.
I took my first pill last night. Maybe I took it too late or something cause I could hardly get out of bed this morning, when I did it was like my brain and mouth weren't connected, and even now I still feel like I've been drugged or something. I hope this feeling goes away soon! Love back to you all xxx

--------------------
Amy

Oh um... new
      #164067 - 03/25/05 01:28 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

..I can't find it either (it's late ) but the basic recipe is....

12 T PB
12 T Honey
200g Rolled Oats
200g Buckwheat Flakes

Mix, put into a greased and lined 9x13" baking pan and bake at 300F for ten minutes.

I've added a cup of raisins and that was good, if more crumbly. And I took out half the honey and put 12T of applesauce in it's place with 2t of cinnamon and that was nice too. Soooo moreish.

Thanks Linz! Might try them later if brain fog clears a bit!-nt new
      #164130 - 03/25/05 05:37 PM
doubletrouble

--------------------
Amy

#164190 - 03/25/05 10:06 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Lots and lots of hugs to you hon! And thank you for letting us know what has been going on so we can all tell you how much we love you! You've always been a sweetheart to everyone, always giving good and thoughtful advice. I'm hoping that everything will smooth out for you - take a deep breath and go to a happy place. Remember that we're here for you, and that we love you and are thinking of you, and that we'll never be angry with you for taking some time for yourself.

Love love,

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 707

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review