All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Tina... new
      #161921 - 03/18/05 12:59 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ha ha, it's VERY convincing. I hear they were supposed to make a movie out of that book! It never happened though.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What are you reading RIGHT NOW? :-) new
      #161932 - 03/18/05 01:36 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Haven't seen that one yet Shell...sure it counts Are you enjoying it...what are you learning?

All kinds of work out routines...etc

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#161940 - 03/18/05 01:45 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Just finished A Very Long Engagement....haven't seen the movie version yet.

--------------------

#161945 - 03/18/05 01:55 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

About Behaviorism by BF Skinner. It is for pysch class, I have a book report to do, yuck. We got to choose the book, I chose this one becuase I was told it would help me with working with people with cognitive disabilities.

I am not sure what book you meant in your post, Tina, but Memoirs of a Geisha IS actually being filmed I last heard, or about to be. I haven't read the book yet, but want to since i alwaus hear you ladies raving about it!

--------------------
-Sheri

#161964 - 03/18/05 02:36 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I'm reading The Whistling Woman, a novel by A. S. Byatt. I've really enjoyed her other books.

I've read about the book Why French Women Don't Get Fat. It sounds great.

I haven't read Memoirs of a Geisha yet but I have it. I have a desk full of about 30 books that I've bought and haven't read yet. I am a TOTAL bookworm and have been since BEFORE I could read. (My mom caught me fooling the neighborhood kids into thinking I could read at age 3 by following along the nursery rhymes with my finger and reciting them from memory!)

I loved Poisonwood Bible too and all of Barbara Kingsolver's books.

The best book of literary fiction I've read in the past few years is The Girl With A Pearl Earring. I haven't seen the movie but a co-worker told me I'll love it.

Great thread Ruchie!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

I'm gonna make you all soooo jealous!! new
      #161968 - 03/18/05 02:44 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Yep, that's right, you'll all just want to run out and get these books..
I am reading a book called "The Bedroom and the State" about birth control and abortion in Canada for a History project, as well as a book about Margaret Sanger, a book called, "A woman's place" all articles of Chatelaine magazines over the last 70 years about women in Canada.
Also, the Cambridge Medieval History book, and 5 other medieval history books on the French Monarcy and the Papacy.
Also reading some articles on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and a psychology text book about Human Development.

For fun?.. The TV guide! People magazine, and the newspaper classifieds job section.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: I guess I'm the odd ball new
      #161988 - 03/18/05 04:19 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I absolutely HATE reading books. I read magazines like Cosmopolitan and Better Homes and Gardens and have been known to peek at my hubby's Men's Health but as far as novel books....not for me. I'm too impatient. I want to know the end. Not to mention I have no time to read them. I'd probably start them and never finish them.

In my younger years I read all of Judy Blume's books and VC Andrews(Flowers in the Attic). Anyone remember them?

My sister reads all those "Night and Shining Armor" books. The trashy romantic, not real life, books. I tease her all the time. So in her case, yes, what she chooses to read does say something about her. She always thought her life should be like the ones in the book. She's always wanted that kind of life. Then she had a baby...ha, reality set in!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

aww Girl with a Pearl Earring... new
      #162022 - 03/18/05 05:20 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

LS- I LOVED that too!
I have the film on DVD but am kind of afraid to watch it as I am afraid it really won't be able to live up to the book..but I suppose I can distract myself with Colin Firth and Cillian Murphy

--------------------
S.

Re: aww Girl with a Pearl Earring... new
      #162038 - 03/18/05 05:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It is one of the only modern books I like (modern written that is). The movie is very true to the book. Chevalier is sort of my model of the success I wish to have (but never will).
I am reading Mansfield Park again. I have about 20 history books on the shelf that I should read. DH reads them and I always stick with the easy novels.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Mysteries are my weakness new
      #162044 - 03/18/05 06:34 PM
Gail1

Reged: 09/04/03
Loc: Calgary, AB, Canada

I love to read, it's a great way for me to escape from stress. I just finished J.D.Robb's Vision in Death. I am a major fan of hers. I also love Patricia Cornwall, Lillian Jackson Braun,James Patterson.
For light mystry reading I like the CSI books(after the TV show) and ones like Diagnosis Murder and Murder She Wrote novels.
Bev mentioned about Ann Rule and I bought one of hers. It is really good.
Richie you have come up with some great topics. We have certainly learned lots about all of us. Please keep your questions coming.

Gail

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 710 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7244

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review