All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Okay, it's driving me crazy, I have to ask..
      #160812 - 03/15/05 03:27 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

What on earth is a coffee eneama (sp?)?!?!?! Not that I want one cause anything that makes me go just terrifies me and I get cramps just thinking about anything with the word eneama in it but I've seen it on here a couple of times and I tried to ignore it but wanting to know is driving me nuts! I'm the curious cat

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hot or cold? With cream or sugar? :D new
      #160834 - 03/15/05 04:18 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

The caffiene is supposed to make it work quicker/more thoroughly than a regular traditional enema... Don't know though, never tried it. There are some people who swear by them. I was thinking about doing one just to have the experience.

On the whole enemas aren't supposed to be the best for you as they eliminate good bacteria from your colon too. If you rely on them too much, you're supposed to replace the good bacteria via the same transmission method (ick!).

I'd be interested too to hear if anyone had tried coffee enemas too. It's brewed coffee, btw, not coffee grounds, just in case anyone's wondering! No sugar too, I'm guessing?

~nelly~

Re: Okay, it's driving me crazy, I have to ask.. new
      #160861 - 03/15/05 05:38 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

hahah oh my, sick sense of humour but for anyone familiar with Tim Horton's all I thought of was "roll up the rim to win!"

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Hot or cold? With cream or sugar? :D new
      #160886 - 03/15/05 07:03 PM
doubletrouble

Okay so I gather it goes in the bottom end? That was the bit that was driving me nuts! I didn't know if it meant you drank heaps of coffee till it gave you the runs (and probably a severe case of the jitters) or whether it got injected into the basement which to be honest, I'd rather drink it!

--------------------
Amy

Re: Hot or cold? With cream or sugar? :D new
      #160960 - 03/16/05 06:20 AM
Nelly

Yep, you put the coffee drink (not grounds!) into an enema bag, lie on the floor on your right side, with your left knee up, pointed at your chest, etc., etc.

Not the best way to get stuff out of you, for sure. Regular enemas are saline-based I think (no coffee involved!), and should only be used for a prep for a colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy or those other -oscopy proceedures. The coffee enemas work "better" they say because of the caffiene.

~nelly~ *shudder!*

"Shudder" agreed! Not thanks!-nt new
      #161281 - 03/16/05 05:39 PM
doubletrouble

--------------------
Amy

Re: "Shudder" agreed! Not thanks!-nt new
      #161538 - 03/17/05 12:47 PM
Luther Maze

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Tampa, Florida

It may have been my post you read.

I found them to be a lot better than fleets or sapositories (sp?).

Someone on another board said to be careful if you have to do them too often but that's the case with anything of this nature.
My doctors haven't told me it's bad at all. I was haveing to have them one every 3 to 4 months but havn't need one in a while. I usually try other means first like a fibercon or some such. However the coffee is the most thourow way ive found. Sometimes the other means aren't enough.

What it is is regular coffee at about body temp. it shouldn't feel hot to the touch at all. No suger or cream or anything just the coffee. I don't know if decaff is diferent or not though. But not hot. I usually put it in a big picter and add ice till it gets to the right temp. It seems to work better at mild temp.

hope that cleared it up for you.

--------------------
Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man.

It's true, some people completely swear by them! new
      #161586 - 03/17/05 02:35 PM
Nelly

I HAVE heard that they work far better than the regular kind! It's like they say in that commercial about the gum that's preferred by people who chew gum! Preferred by people who choose enemas!

~nelly~

Luther. new
      #161669 - 03/17/05 05:55 PM
doubletrouble

Hoping I didn't offend you. I'd actually read a couple of posts about them (I think one was yours though). It's more that any sort of enema makes me shudder. Being mostly D the lightest laxette from the chemist usually has me running with major tummy cramps so I can only imagine what one of these would do to me! However maybe it helps for C'ers and that's great! No meaness intended

--------------------
Amy

Re: Luther. new
      #161696 - 03/17/05 08:12 PM
Luther Maze

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Tampa, Florida

Nelly, lol.

No don't worry about offending me. I've read some of your post so i know you know pain.

I myself have ibs-d with a frequency of 10 bms a day. Ever since i quit my job and stoped drinking my stomach cramps are near non-existant.

Actually for me the coffee enemas are quite relaxing. Don't tell any normally healthy people i said that

Just to give you an idea of how bad my spelling can be at time check out what i had to look up for this post

kwit=quit
relasing=relaxing

--------------------
Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1591 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 863

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review