All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
8/2 - A Scripture for today: Psalm 69:29-34
      #16081 - 08/02/03 05:28 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Thinking about tomorrow, Sunday, and looking forward to worship - praying that anyone who's in pain tonight will be strengthened so that they can go to church and worship, too!
-------
"I am suffering and in pain. Rescue me, O God, by Your saving power. Then I will praise God's name with singing, and I will honor Him with thanksgiving. For this will please the LORD more than sacrificing an ox or presenting a bull with its horns and hooves. The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help live in joy. For the LORD hears the cries of His needy ones; He does not despise His people who are oppressed. Praise Him O heaven and earth, the seas and all that move in them."
-----

Praying we will all "enter His gates with thanksgiving in our hearts" tomorrow - that as we humble ourselves before Him we will be reminded that He is at work and we can live in joy for that reason! But if your IBS keeps you home, remember that God is always near - Christ lives in those who have placed their faith in Him!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 8/2 - A Scripture for today: Psalm 69:29-34 new
      #16184 - 08/04/03 06:28 AM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Thank you. I almost didn't make it to church yesterday. My husband and I were helping with the worship but I got the most horrible attack. I even got sweaty and cold. But I made it. (I took Imodium and prayed a lot.) I've been praying on this for sometime and I believe the Lord has answered my prayer. My cousin (he has Crohn's) has given me the name of his naturopath. Since he's been following her advice he's off all medications and not suffering at all. I'm going to call her tomorrow and see what I can do for an appointment. She's half an hour south of where I live but it's worth it if she's good! He swears she can help me.

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Re: 8/2 - A Scripture for today: Psalm 69:29-34 new
      #16302 - 08/05/03 10:09 AM
KaybeeC

Praise God that He helped you make it through! My wiser friends have taught me a lot about "attacks" in the few years I've been saved and I've learned to be on the lookout for an attack anytime I've made a commitment to do something particular for the Lord - like take my turn as an intercessor on Sunday mornings or babysit for our MOPS group or decorate for monthly Teen Challenge banquet. I've mentioned this before in another post, but it relates here - my prayer partner noticed that I was getting IBS attacks either the day before or the day of the Teen Challenge banquet every month and sometimes I just barely finished setting up the banquet hall before I had to run to the bathroom. I often worked all day with cramps and just dripping sweat, taking as much Imodium as allowed to prevent the actual dreaded "d"! Especially because I was working with a slew of young men! She pointed out this correlation to me and started praying for my health several days in advance of the banquet. The cycle of attacks stopped, praise Him! I'm so grateful for faithful, wise friends who love the Lord enough to love ME and pray for me! Praying you have the same kind of support! (What part do you have in the worship service, by the way? I have absolutely no musical talent!)

Blessings,
Kaybee C

PS: let us know about the naturopath! - nt - new
      #16303 - 08/05/03 10:11 AM
KaybeeC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 171 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1563

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review